Yet another Moo addict

Liquidated

Goofed Up on Cough Syrup!
hi all, I'm liq, the one that abuses the third person... it's like the third world I guess but liq has broadband access!!!:D

Anyway am an old old old old moo fan, not 2 not 3.

I actually helped mod the delphi moo3 board before emrich and crew were sacked and the artist Rantz took the game even FURTHER into the ground, as if that were possible.

Anyway I wandered in here from civ 4, late because well civ3 was an abomination of the Civ class (in my humble opinion mind you). Can you tell liq dislikes forced micro management yet?

Anyway been playing moo off and on since 1993ish, yes I suffered the 1.0 version for months and actually had the 1.2 patch mailed to me!! Been the first program to get loaded up and resides always on my usb keychain..

the ship names are etched into my mind much like um various nomenclatures of bomb fuses, bomb bodies and bomb tail assemblies circa gulf war storm shield.

mau-93! kracken!!:crazyeye:

From reading the info here I added dosbox to my moo folder as it's a much better way to run moo.

Anyway it's been a bit since I last fired up moo but well seeing as CIV4 SG's are just boffo, I'm up for a moo SG as well.

let me know if you need new blood...

love them klackons!

Cheers!
-Liq

Now's your chance to join RBO6. :) Just pop over there and sign up, you can have my spot. Or dathon's, whichever you prefer. Seriously! RBO6 is geared to new SG players, you fit the bill, and we've already declared the spots are up for grabs.

okie, I need another SG like I need a hole in my head... yes, two ears are better than one!

A bit rusty but well that shouldn;t matter.

Cheers!
-Liq

I played on 1.0 as well. Same for Moo2 and Moo3. Still like moo1 and moo2 and civ3, but not moo3. I guess I like MM.

I played mom 1.0 as well and man that was harsh... forgot originally which spell was messed up on the nature side of the spectrum but that killed that line of spells!

moo2 was merely a 'great game'. Moo is a classic that trancends mere 'great games'.

I used to be of the opinion that like the original moo could never be bested, so too the original civ (2 was really just a civ1.1 imo) would never be trumped.

Then Civ4 came around and just destroyed my sleep time all over again. :eek:

Maybe there's a chance someone will remake a moo replete with sliders and streamlined game play that doesn;t just spruce up the graphics but adds depth like Civ4 did for Civ1/2. Not holding my breath tho, gal civ is it's own classic.

Cheers!
-Liq

MoM is awesome, I'm secretly trying to coerce everyone into having a go at a MoM succession game at some point.

A guy named Ray Kerby is busy with a mostly conservative remake of MOO with few added features.

I have not heard from Ray in some time though. He had a lot done. He has not posted on Poly in some time.

I have MoM, but I only played it once and that was maybe two years ago. I am not sure it still works on my XP system. I had to tweak the config and autoexec.nt, but got sound.

So I would be a mere novice at it. It just looked like moo with magic as Steve did both games.

MoM works fine on XP with DosBOX for me, although I've turned off sound. MoM is easier than MoO, and it makes for great reports. The game balance isn't as clever as in MoO, but the neatness factor is very high. I'd say it resembles MoO II more, with heroes and the building system.

I had it working in the past without DosBox, just plain XP PRO. I just have not tried it on my current hardware.

I just was playing from the seat of my pants, no real knowledge.

Top Bottom