1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Scenario Hunt (Mars, AlphaC, C&C, RA, Dune, MoM, Col, MoO, Doom, B5, STrek,SWars, SGate, HoMM +More)

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Blake00, Nov 21, 2020 at 10:32 AM.

1. Blake00

Blake00 Prince Supporter

Hey guys,

Some may have already seen this WIP search/collecting thread in other places but I'm on the hunt for Civilization series scenarios/mods relating to these topics/games/TV&Films:
    Mars Colonization, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, Command & Conquer, Red Alert, Dune, Master of Magic, Sid Meier's Colonization, Master of Orion, Doom, Babylon 5, Star Trek, Star Wars, Stargate, Fallout / Apocalypse, Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, The Elder Scrolls, Warcraft, and Heroes of Might & Magic.
    I've mainly been looking at classic Civ games (eg Civ2, Civ2ToT, and Civ3) so far, however I'm now starting to look at mods related to these categories for the newer Civ games too (eg Civ4, 5 & 6). I've found a lot of scenarios/mods on my own, and now I'm even making a few of my own lol! I’ve also decided to add FreeCiv to the list as there’s been some interesting total conversion Modpacks releases over the last few years so it’ll be interesting to see what cool stuff comes along in the years to come. Civ1 and specialty spin off games like SMAC, Civ4Col, CivBE get small mentions where applicable but not everywhere due to their lack of mods under all these categories. I'd love to include Call to Power 1 & 2 as well but there just doesn't seem to be many total conversion mods for them out there and none I can find under the above red categories of interest.

Over the last year I've searched the SLeague site, backups of CradleOfCiv, Tecumseh's Village, Mercator's Civ2 Site, The Spanish Civ2 Site, Civ Mania, & Atomic Network, downloads and forum history of CivFanatics & Apolyton (open to suggestions of more places to search) as well as private msg'ing some of the gurus for this stuff and I've even made a few individual threads here and there but now I figure it's time I do a more combined public post in each of the Civ game communities to see if there's more lost treasures out there relating to the stuff I love that I don't know about. Plus this thread can be helpful to others looking for scenarios relating to these topics for many years to come. Also in cases where we find a scenario but its downloads are gone I can help restore them using my CFC large file access upload if a copy is found. Some of you may have seen me do this previously (eg like with Drift's Civ3 Master of Myrror) or even stick a copy on ModDB's free file hosting as it's not hard.

I've mentioned this in a few places but I'm working a long term Civilization series youtube video project and website where I show people how to play classic Civ games in HD but I also take people on a tour of mods and scenarios that I love! A lot of these scenario types above would come under the category of 'crossover series' where an existing popular game, movie or tv franchise is brought into Civ's amazing TBS sandbox gameplay formula. I already have videos and tributes on my website and youtube channel for a lot of those other game/TV universes (eg I semi-regularly post C&C RA and Dune multiplayer matches) resulting in me having many community connections in those areas, so once this is all eventually done the series will hopefully bring in some fresh interest into the Civ community here.

Anyway here are the results of my searches so far... so if you know of something missing or more places to search let me know! :)

(Note: Many of these projects have working downloads in the newest comments instead of the original first thread post due to their creators being long gone and us fans rescuing their work)

Mars Colonization
    Civ2: Official Microprose Mars Now scenario (part of Fantastic Worlds addon), BenjaminBall's Martian Dawn (aka Mars 2300) scenario, CivPartisan's Mars 2 scenario, and Shelly's The Martian Scenario scenario. Haven't found any other ones.
    Civ2ToT: Kestrel's Mars Now Remake scenario, PlutonianEmpire's Pluto Rising scenario also includes Mars, haven't found any other ones.
    Civ3: Not much I can find, just Balthasar's Mars terrain pack (that we might try to combine with something) and some unfinished attempts sadly. Recently found Michael's Mars Mod Russian scenario, but still haven't found any English ones.
    Civ4: The_J's BTS Mars Now scenario, haven't found any other ones.
    Civ5: FramedArchitect's Red Planet scenario, haven't found any other ones.
    CivBE: Haven't looked yet
    Civ6: Haven't looked yet
    FreeCiv: Mars Terraformed scenario (not a total conversion scenario though), haven't found any other ones.
    AlphaC: GeoModder's Mars Survivor scenario (FILE CURRENTLY MISSING), haven't found any other ones.

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri (or alien world colonization similar to SMAC)
    Civ2: Nothing I can find.
    Civ2ToT: Official Microprose 'Extended Original' scenario goes to AlphaC, also the official Microprose Lalande 21185 alien colonization scenario shares similaries, haven't found any fan made ones.
    Civ3: Nothing I can find, although Neomega's Pentagenesis - Planet Sona Prime scenario seems quite inspired by SMAC.
    Civ4: Maniac's Planetfall SMAC scenario, haven't found any other ones.
    Civ4Col: The Colonization: 2071 Modpack, haven't found any other ones.
    Civ5: Spatzimaus's Alpha Centauri Modpack (FILE CURRENTLY MISSING). The official Firaxis Civ Beyond Earth was essentially SMAC for Civ5 which has a number of mods so I'll give it a separate mention below.
    CivBE: The Beyond Centauri SMAC Modpack, and The Unity Project SMAC Modpack.
    FreeCiv: Cazfi's Alien Modpack heavily inspired by SMAC and Civ2ToT Lalande 21185 scenario, haven't found any other ones.
    AlphaC: Alpha Centauri is like Alpha Centauri of course haha! However there are quite a lot of third party scenarios & mods for it to change the experience too.

Command & Conquer Series
    Civ2: Wonx2150's C&C Scenario which I'm remaking, haven't found any other ones.
    Civ2ToT: Nothing I can find.
    Civ3: Nothing I can find.
    Civ4: Nothing I can find.
    Civ5: Haven't looked yet
    FreeCiv: Nothing I can find.

Red Alert Series
    Civ2: Nothing I can find, so I'm making a Red Alert 2 Siege of New York scenario
    Civ3: Commodore's Red Alert 1 scenario, and REDY's Red Alert 1 scenario. Haven't found any other ones.
    Civ4: Doczo's 1939 Red Alert GWW2 scenario, haven't found any other ones.

Dune
    Civ1: Would you believe there's actually a Dune scenario by AutumnLeaf for Civ1 lol!
    Civ2: Evil Knevil's Dune: The Battle for Arrakis scenario, haven't found any other ones other than the unfinished Wonx2150's Dune 2 scenario.
    Civ2ToT: Nothing I can find, other than Reno's stunning Dune units pack (which I think I saw somewhere is from an unfinished scenario? how far did it get??)
    Civ3: Ghaldak's Arrakis - The Desert Planet German scenario, haven't found any English ones.
    Civ4: The huge fan team made Dune Wars scenario is awesome, haven't found any other ones.

Master of Magic
    Civ2: Official Microprose MoM Jr scenario (part of Fantastic Worlds addon), haven't found any fan made ones.
    Civ2ToT: Nothing I can find, so I'm making a MoM Jr Remastered scenario.
    Civ3: Drift's Master of Myrror & Arcanus, haven't found any other ones styled on MoM (although there's a number of other great fantasy mods like Haluu's Tides of Crimson )
    Civ4: The amazing Master of Mana Modpack (most MoM like) and Ashes of Erebus Modpack, which both are originally built from the awesome Fall from Heaven Modpack. Haven't found any other big ones.
    FreeCiv: There's some sort of out of date Magic Modpack I need to look into, haven't found any other ones.

Sid Meier's Colonization
    Civ2: Eivind's Colonialism Age of Discovery scenario, and John Ellis's Colonies III - The Struggle for Empire scenario. I know there's many more out there so which ones are worth mentioning?
    Civ3: Official Firaxis Age of Discovery scenario, there's Imperirator1961's Age of Colonization scenario and GRM7584's Colonize! scenario, I think I've found some others in the Atomic network backup but haven't tested yet.
    Civ4: Dale's Age of Discovery scenario. Official Firaxis Civ4 Colonization game which has a number of mods so I'll give it a seperate mention below.
    Civ4Col: The amazing We The People Modpack which was originally built from the cool Religion And Revolution Modpack, which was originally built from the awesome The Authentic Colonization Modpack.
    FreeCiv: The Americas scenario and Caribbean Colonization 1634 scenario (not a total conversion scenarios though), haven't found any other ones. There is of course the FreeCol Project originally built from FreeCiv.
    FreeCol: As stated above the almighty huge and very playable FreeCol Project is still going today and supports a number of mods.

Master of Orion
    Civ2: Official Microprose MoO Jr scenario (part of Fantastic Worlds addon), haven't found any fan made ones.
    Civ2ToT: St Leo's MoO Jr Remastered scenario, haven't found any other ones.
    Civ4: Official Firaxis Final Frontier scenario, fan made MoO2 FF mod, haven't found any other ones.

Doom
    Civ2: Doom Modpack, haven't found any other ones.
    Civ4: Haven't looked yet

Babylon 5
    Civ2: PaulHeron's Babylon 5 Modpack scenario, haven't found any other ones.
    Civ4: PsiCorps's Babylon 5 FF Mod, haven't found any other ones.

Heroes of Might & Magic
    Civ2: Found the awesome unfinished Metropolis's HoMM2 scenario so he & I are working on finishing it!
    Civ3: Tom2050's Conquests of Might & Magic 3 scenario, haven't found any other ones.
    Civ4: Nothing I can find.

Star Trek
    Civ2: Kobayashi's Battle for Alpha Quadrant scenario, Kobayashi's Star Trek Dominion War scenario, Willemvanoranje's Star Trek Kappa Quadrant, JosephSanturri's Star Trek Wars scenario, JaredKoger's Dominion scenario, and NikolaKuprešanin's Star Contact Part Two: Star Wars Vs Star Trek scenario. Honorable mentions go to DirkWeber's ID4 The day of the Borg scenario. I know there's many more out there so which ones are worth mentioning?
    Civ2ToT: Nothing I can find, other than some 1:1 MGE conversions and Metropolis's Star Trek Final Frontier Modpack. Surely there's some 'made for ToT' Trek scenarios out there?
    Civ3: Logitech's The Star Trek Mod (MUSIC FILES MISSING) and SumarJam's Star Trek Dominion War scenario. I know there's many more out there so which ones are worth mentioning?
    Civ4: The huge fan team made Star Trek Mod is friggin awesome (as it contains lots of different Trek scenarios inside), haven't found any other ones.

Star Wars
    Civ2: Kobayashi's Star Wars Insurrection scenario, and NikolaKuprešanin's Star Contact Part Two: Star Wars Vs Star Trek scenario. Honorable mentions go to NathanDawson's Battle For Adoij scenario, MarkusEklund's Death Star Attack scenario, and JoshAdams's The Battle of Endor scenrio. I know there's many more out there but which ones are worth mentioning? I never released my own old Star Wars scenario but I hope to in the near future.
    Civ2ToT: Nothing I can find, other than some 1:1 MGE conversions, I've seen Fairline's awesome ToT SW units so surely there's some out there using them??
    Civ3: Meteor Man's SW-The Mod Awakens, Sum_aar_jam's SW-Galactic Civil War Beta, Pleb's SW-TheClone Wars Beta which fed into the unreleased SW-Mod Strikes Back project which then fed into the unreleased SW-Return of the mod project which then (along with Galactic Civil War) fed into the massive SheepMonster's SW-Revenge of the Mod project, and Tallhwch's Star Wars 3.0. I know there's many more out there so which ones are worth mentioning?

Stargate
    Civ2: Kobayashi's Stargate SG1 scenario, haven't found any other ones.
    Civ3: SpacerOne's Stargate SG1 Battle at Dakara Bay scenario and SG-17's Stargate The Battle of Antarctica beta scenario, haven't found any other ones.
    Civ4: Nothing I can find, other than some failed attempts and ideas threads.

Lord of the Rings
    Civ2: Kobayashi's Lord of the One Ring scenario, HarlanThompson's Lord of the Rings scenario, FavouredFlight's Lord of the Rings Series 3 scenarios, Hurin's Dagor Bragollach scenario, Academia's Dagor Bragollach II scenario, Academia's The Age of Númenor scenario, CarlFritz's Darklord scenario, GabrieleQuaglia's Angmar - War in Arnor scenario, and JoséMartinez's Señor de los Anillos scenario. I know there's many more out there so which ones are worth mentioning?
    Civ2ToT: Catfish's LOTR - War of the Ring scenario, haven't found any other ones (other than MGE to ToT conversions of the above ones).
    Civ3: The huge Middle Earth: Lord of the Mods modpack, ROTCWinter's Lord of Middle Earth scenario, LordMalbeth's Return of the Shadow: The War of the Ring scenario built from Quasidemo's LOTR: War of the Ring scenario, and the Russian LOTR Arda scenario. I know there's many more out there so which ones are worth mentioning?
    Civ4: Topsecret's Middle Earth Mod, haven't found any other ones.

Fallout / Mad Max / Apocalypse
    Civ2: Official Microprose Apocalypse scenario (part of Conflicts in Civ addon), haven't found any fan made ones.
    Civ3: Thorgrimm's Fallout: The Rebirth of Civilization scenario, Sudo007's Fallout Liberty scenario, and Vindsval's Downfall - Post-Apocalyptic Mod!, haven't found any other ones.
    Civ4: The Fallout: Tame The Waste Modpack which was originally built from the cool Fury Road (Mad Max) Modpack.

Game of Thrones
    Civ2: MattDempsey's Civ2 - Game of Thrones Edition scenario, haven't found any other ones.
    Civ2ToT: Haven't looked yet
    Civ3: Hayati's A Game of Thrones scenario, also noticed Kyriakos's GoT City Set for future scenarios.
    Civ4: Ciruela's Game of Thrones FFH Mod, haven't found any other ones.
    Civ5: F4llschirmjager's A World of Ice and Fire scenario, haven't found any other ones.
    Civ6: The A Civ of Ice and Fire Modpack, haven't found any other ones.

The Elder Scrolls (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim etc)
    Civ2: Haven't looked yet
    Civ2ToT: Haven't looked yet
    Civ3: Haven't looked yet
    Civ5: The Elder Scrolls BNW Modpack, haven't found any other ones.
    Civ6: The Elder Scrolls Modpack, haven't found any other ones.

Warcraft
    Civ2: AltF18's Azeroth scenario, haven't found any other ones.
    Civ4: Nothing I can find, other than some maps and failed attempts.
    FreeCiv: Azeroth scenario (not a total conversion scenario though), haven't found any other ones.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020 at 9:58 AM
    Knightfall likes this.
  2. Blake00

Blake00 Prince Supporter

Recent list updates...

Civ2:

Civ4:
    • Have added the Fallout: Tame The Waste Modpack (built from FR) that LonelyLurker told me about to the list.
    • Have added the Fury Road (Mad Max) Modpack that LonelyLurker told me about to the list.
    • Have managed to obtain Dale's Age of Discovery scenario missing download file (thanks Dale & Solver at WePlayCiv) and preserve it on CFC.
    • Modied existing mention of Firaxis Civ4 Colonization game to state that I'm giving it a seperate category in Colonization section (see below).

Civ4Col:

Civ5:
    • Have added The Elder Scrolls BNW Modpack that Gez told me about to the list.
    • Have added Spatzimaus's Alpha Centauri Modpack that Darsnan told me about to the list, however its download file is CURRENTLY MISSING so if anyone has it let me know and I'll put it on CFC!
    • Have added mention of Firaxis Civ Beyond Earth game to state that I'm giving it a seperate category in SMAC section (see below).

CivBE:
    • Have added the Beyond Centauri (SMAC) Modpack that elektrizikekswerk told me about to the list.
    • Have added The Unity Project (SMAC) Modpack that elektrizikekswerk told me about to the list.

Civ6:

FreeCiv:
    • Have added Azeroth scenario (not a total conversion scenario though) to the list.
    • Have added Mars Terraformed scenario (not a total conversion scenario though) to the list.
    • Have added The Americas scenario (not a total conversion scenario though) to the list.
    • Have added Caribbean Colonization 1634 scenario (not a total conversion scenario though) to the list.

AlphaC:
    • Have added GeoModder's Mars Survivor scenario that Darsnan told me about to the list, however its download file is CURRENTLY MISSING so if anyone has it let me know and I'll put it on CFC!
    • Have added mention of the SMAC repository that Darsnan told me about in the SMAC like scenarios (even though I'm technically looking for SMAC themed Civ scenarios) section too.

Knightfall likes this.
  3. beetle

beetle Deity

For Civ5, Steam a few AC mods, G&K oriented but work okay with BNW. I loved seeing Planet rendered using hexes, but it is not able to replicate the original experience. Mix and match between:
    • Alpha Centauri Civilizations (v. 3)
    • Alpha Centauri Policies (v. 4)
    • Alpha Centauri Maps (v. 2)
    • Centauri City States (v. 4)
    The mod does a decent job replicating Social Engineering trade-offs, but I would love to see a BNW version that used modified Ideologies instead.

Blake00 and Knightfall like this.