[GS] Yield for river adjacent tiles

Lua doesn't offer much leeway concerning Yields (and may other things).
I will try some things out, and let you know if it worked.

Sorry, I haven't had a chance to try out some of the ideas, in the Game (and neither the Mod I'm currently working on). I'll let you know as soon as I've tried them (hopefully with good News).

Hey @Slater !
I've tried a couple of things, but no Results yet. The only possible way that's left to try, is using RandomEffects by making a New RandomEffect (or re-using 'RANDOM_EVENT_SOLAR_FLARE', that have a global effet, but acts randomly) and using lua to modify it's function in order for it to affect all the tiles on a map. But I don't know if it's even possible (I've never used lua for something that has to do with MapScript - Tbh I have no Idea how to accomplish all of this, even if it's possible).

Otherwise, as I already said, (I'm only focusing here on Food from Rivers) as long as Cities get the Yields from Rivers using the Modifiers triggered by X, it isn't that big Issue. Because at least it's working, and it would be way more realistic to make it triggered by something that make sense to grant the extra Yields from Rivers (like Watermill or a +1 Food for every Farm adjacent to a River(not stackable)...) rather than being able from the start of the Game (we would have a problem here where non-agriculture Improvements on a Tile adjacent to River would receive Food too. Why should Mines work out the extra Food Yields? I mean the "Worker" should focus on production (and some other non-Food Yield(s) of the IMP), and he wouldn't have the task to "collect" the Food, so...Idk).

Last edited:
Well I was thinking about how natural disaster affect the map outside of city border to accomplish that but no idea how to do and trigger it yet ^^

Do you know how lenses are working ? maybe it could be possible to use a lense with the requirement to actually show the yields before hand ? What you think ?

Do you know how lenses are working ? maybe it could be possible to use a lense with the requirement to actually show the yields before hand ? What you think ?
No, I don't. You mean, the lense would show the Yields that could be triggered by the modifiers? like when you want to place a District, and it shows the possible adjacency bonuses? I think that might be possible (Although we have to check the lua file for the District placement first, to see how it's working).

Edit: I think it should be also possible to make the PlotToolTip ( maybe also the Units action Panel) to show the extra Yields. Perhaps not from modifiers, but from a New Table that would include the entries (and also making the Modifiers take the YieldTypes and their values from that table, so you would just have to alter the Table after you set everything right). Yes, there might be more efficient ways, but that's what I can think of Now.
But the Downside is that the Mod would be not compatible with Mods altering the same Lua file (or you can ask for compatibility, it should be possible then).

Last edited:
Hummmm ...

I'm about to release a first version of the mod, i'll iterate on it. But I think a yield lense could be a good alternative if I can manage to do it properly.
I'll check and let you know ( or tell me if you wanna try :D )

I don't know how to do lenses, but I could definitely help you with the PlotToolTip, if you want that.

Can't wait to see the Mod released!

Hey! You could have at least asked for the Mod Image, I would have gladly helped you out with that.
The Mod doesn't show up in the Workshop yet, just give it some Time. I will try it then. But Congrats! just from the description one gets curious of the Effects and eager to find out.

upload_2021-1-4_13-26-22.png

Seem like it's showing ^^

And for the image , right now don't really mind ^^i'm more focus on the feature and what to do about it.

Not yet in the Workshop list of newly added Mods (at least on my end), but I found it when I searched for it.

Top Bottom