You have been defeated!!!!!

JordanKerk99

Chieftain
so i downloaded the RFC mod and started civilization, loaded the mod, started the game as Japan, and right when the game started and it said you have been defeated!!!! and I didn't even get to do anything. I tried playing other civilizations and the same thing happened. Is anyone else having this problem and how can i fix it?:confused:

You definitely did something wrong. This means that the game had an error and didn't load anything, so without units you automatically lost. Make sure you extracted everything to the right places. I'd say just try installing it again.

I downloaded the one for the original civilization 4, and I have already tried reinstalling it like 3 times

Yes I downloaded version 1.984 for vanilla, and I have updated Civ 4 to the latest patch (or so it says), but it still won't work ahhh

ok some more information that might help, at first I downloaded the mod unzipped in the the mods folder, started the game, loaded the mod, went to play a scenario, then the rhyes and fall scenario wasnt there but the other civilization 4 scenarios were such as the earth 1000 AD one, so I moved the map from the private maps folder that you get and put it in the public maps folder, I loaded the mod, went to play a scenario and the scenario was there and i started it, thats when i got you have been defeated message!!!!! I reinstalled the mod and have the same original problem, could it be something with loading the mod that is going wrong? and also I have read about the custom assets folder, and people say to backup then delete it, which i want to try but how do i backup the folder???

You can't play RFC on anything but the fixed map that comes with the download, since most of the unique features are based on fixed map locations (ei. city names). The download should come with the RFC map though. Have you looked in the actual file to see if it's lying around in there somewhere?

delete that RFC folder - make sure your vanilla civ is patched to its most recent, then download the most recent RFC for vanilla. extract to:

C:program Files/Firaxis Games/Civ4/Mods

Once extracted, in the Civ4/Mods folder, you should see the RFC folder. Did you remove the "Firaxis Games" folder? did you re-name any folder at all? any of these things can cause error. Did you put it in your "my documents" or "firaxis games" folder?

Once you are SURE you have done this, instead of loading the mod, go into the folder for RFC itself and you should see some icon's that straight-load RFC. use these icons.

ok some more information that might help, at first I downloaded the mod unzipped in the the mods folder, started the game, loaded the mod, went to play a scenario

wait, there is already something wrong here. RFC doesn't allow you to play scenarios, so it's impossible that you loaded the mod and could choose to play a scenario :crazyeye:

So I fixed the problem by once again deleting RFC then i downloaded it again. Normally I downloaded it into the mods folder and extracted it into the mods folder also, but this time I downloaded it onto the desktop and then extracted it into the mods folder, and it worked. :) Thanks for all the help

Great! Now watch your life slip away while you play RFC for hours on end! MWHAHAHAHA :satan:

And yes, the wiki is EXTREMELY helpful.

Top Bottom