Your first 50 Turns as Maori

slyone14

Warlord
so my first civ will be Maori without a doubt. For strategy with some of you guys experts. What will your first 50 turns look like? Where are you hoping to settle? Finally, what victory condition you going for?

Thanks again

All depends on the map. Victory condition will be culture of course. The easiest one and seems to make the most sense.

so my first civ will be Maori without a doubt. For strategy with some of you guys experts. What will your first 50 turns look like? Where are you hoping to settle? Finally, what victory condition you going for?

Thanks again

I'll try to settle close to Australia, hopefully near Bondi Beach and the Government Plaza.
For the 1st 50 turns I'll just hang around, maybe have a Captain Cook at the surrounding areas.

I’m really newer and trying to think of a general strategy for Maori if any suggestions

Settle right under the neighbor's nose.

Wipe out the neighbor with Toas.

Keep conquering, or settle down for Cultural victory.

Remember: when Maori are in the game, the map generates starting seeds as if there was one less player. So chances are you are guaranteed to land on someone's turf.

I'm hoping for a nice tropical island paradise, but I'll settle for coastal genocide if I'm not given much choice.

To me, the optimal is sailing around for the first ~10 or so turns, enough to virtually finish Code of Laws. Hopefully you find a city-state or two, and find a solid enough city location. Anything more than that and I feel you're behind the radar, but anything less than that I don't think is as optimal in terms banking the pre-settling bonus.

The "tough" part will be whether to find a location and park the settler, or keep exploring around and come back to the spot. And obviously a big bonus if you can find a natural wonder to give you some big tile yields for that first city or not.

I'm hesitant to try Maori because I could get a really bad start. I know I could potentially get an awesome start, but I think i'd get a bad start. If I were to get a really good start i'd pick them second after Canada but for now they are 4th or 5th.

I'm hesitant to try Maori because I could get a really bad start. I know I could potentially get an awesome start, but I think i'd get a bad start. If I were to get a really good start i'd pick them second after Canada but for now they are 4th or 5th.

Yeah, I don't see myself taking Maori first just because I want a more traditional game to get accustomed to other GS changes. I'd hate to land on a bad spot and gimp myself right out of the gate at the same time.

Top Bottom