Yuufo cant connect to game

Magno_uy

Warlord
Any new idea ?

1. you are using a PC, not a Mac, yea?

Yuufo said:
ok!

Magno_uy said:
If you dont mind I will post this in public.. im running out of ideas!

Yuufo said:
Thank you for your answer!
1. yes
2. crashes too
3. sure
4. D:\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\WebMod1_0\Assets

Bye
Yuufo

Magno_uy said:
came on !! :d you are not less than the rest ! you would manage to connect.

1. when you starts the BTS is there a "WebMod1_0" at the upper corner of the begining screen?
2. try conecting to caledorn.no-ip.org:2058 thats the warmup game
3. its BTS 3.19 ok?
4. the mod was install at C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\WebMod1_0
check that theres in not a folder dwon the WebMod1_0 folder, some guys had unzipped at a C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\WebMod1_0\WebMod1_0\

Yuufo said:
Thanks for your answer...
.. but it still doesn't work :(
Now I remember why I always boycott MOD-games :p

Magno_uy said:
you had to try to connect with the mod loaded.

try running this

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\WebMod1_0

Also, check that Caledorn had just comment that the server was unreachable

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=11686965#post11686965

Yuufo said:
Hi Magno_uy,

I am trying to connect to the game and it doesn't work... maybe you can help???

When I try to connect to caledorn.no-ip.org:2056 the game crashes (Runtime error)

I've downloaded the APT MOD and loaded it (WebMod1_0).
I also changed the game language to English but it didn't help.

All my non-MOD pitboss work well. The only problems are with ISDG2.
Any idea?

Thanks
Yuufo

I could login right now.

It might be that both you and some other person that is already logging in are both running firewall software blocking ports. People more familiar with Pitboss know this better, but AFAIK any connection with the Pitboss game includes not only a connection with the server, but to every other computer currently connecting to the same Pitboss game.

If both you and the other computer runs firewalls blocking incoming connections, this can cause connection troubles.

The crashes also occur when no one else is in the game (I check Civstats).
Moreover, I play in many other pitboss games, without any problem (but without any MOD ;) )

Gona try to help him, i guess in french could be easier.

Sound like a mod installation prob.

Hey,

seems it is OK now...
I moved the MyDoc mod folder one step higher and it doesn't crash anymore.

Thanks to all,
Yuufo

Not over... :(

I now have the PW for our civ, and I entered it.
The game save gets loaded, but instead of coming into the game the game gets closed.
There is a 2-line message that gets displayed for a very short amount of time.
I couldn't read it totally, but some words were "The save file... has been protected to ensure..."

Still no access to the game :(

It usually means that the game consider that your version of BtS was modified and to prevent cheat it's forbid access to the pitboss game. This may result of the usage of graphic customization pack.
In french (parce que bon, entre français, autant l'utiliser) : le jeu semble considérer qu'il a été modifié et interdit l'accès à la partie pour éviter de la triche. Cela peut être du à l'utilisation d'un pack de personalisation graphique.

I have no such things.
What should I do?

I had the very same problem with a mod - "mod asset .... The save file... has been protected to ensure... blah blah blah" I tried everything and only were able to join the game after fresh reinstall of Windows.

In WPC site there were two guys who managed to solve the very same problem without reinstalling Windows, but did not said how. Anyway, look up for A Call To Arms pitboss game organization thread over at www.weplayciv.com - it is somewhere there - Viking I thing had this problem and managed to solve it.

Make sure the mod files are not present in both the BTS folder and the folder in My Games. That seems to create some kind of conflict. The best place is in the BTS folder directly in my experience.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Make sure the mod files are not present in both the BTS folder and the folder in My Games. That seems to create some kind of conflict. The best place is in the BTS folder directly in my experience.

Thanks! it works now :)

Sorry for gravedigging this thread, but I thought it might be helpful to folks if somebody consolidated the collected fixes for this problem as a lot of people seem to encounter it.

Again, this is for people who get a crash to desktop (CTD) when they load a multiplayer game with a Mod installed. An error message quickly flashes, too fast to read that says "The save file you have selected is protected to ensure that the assets in your mod folder have not been changed"

Here is what I think is wrong. Click this link to see if it matches your problem, and then read post #15 for the solution.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=470236

You must check to be sure that the Mod is in the BTS/Mods folder and not present in the "My Games" folder. Check your My Games folder on your computer. It will probably be in a folder named whatever your username is on your computer. It is probably in the same folder as your "My Documents"

In the "My Games" folder, there should be a folder that says Firaxis or Steam, then a Folder for Civ 4 then BTS. In the BTS folder there is a Mods folder. The Mod must not be in this "My Games" folder or any subfolder of "My Games". The Mod must only be in the C:/Program Files/Firaxis/Civ4/BTS/Mods folder.

Another thing it might be is that you have the Blue Marble add-on or something else in your "Custom Assets" folder. Remove it and the game should work. Click this link to see if it matches your problem and read post #7 for the solution.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=233874

The last thing I have seen is that Norton Antivirus causes the problem and that uninstalling then reinstalling Norton fixes it. Here is a link:
http://realmsbeyond.net/forums/showt...d=5586&page=11 Read post #104 to see if it matches your problem and post #106 to see the solution.

My problem in trying to connect to the game is for some reason it is not recognising WebMod 1.0 and every time it tries to enter the game it says that I need to have it loaded when I have started in that mod. I have the mod in the proper spot, so what could be the problem?

Top Bottom