[NFP] Zombies and Marathon games

Sukayo

Chieftain
Hi,

a Marathon game brings more fights - more zombies.

What are your ideas?

I have seen for now that AI and City states cannot stand agains them. So support whovere i want to have in the game by - getting souverign of city states to upgrade theire units, and helping AI by fighting zombies off.

All that is difficult on Huge maps, and also i wonder - a destroyed city state does not free up a city state slot for the barbarian tribes.

6, so high enough for walls. Still weak units give more zombies.

I usually play epic games on immortal/deity, but I decided to play King (5) and there was no great problem. My last game was highland map, standard size. It as a little scary during ancient and classical ages. I even lost a city, despite two archers and a warrior nearby. I was still building walls there. By the time I had crossbows, it took about five shots to kill a zombie. From there, the rate of the mutation increase slowed and, by the end, my troops would kill a zombie with one attack.

In another thread, someone related that the rate the zombies appears at the same rate regardless of the level or speed. That's the reason on lower levels they seems to dominate the map. He used Gorgo to get lot's of culture from the kills. My computer cannot handle huge maps, but maps with more empty space seem to have more zombies.

If the AI is close neighbor, and has no defenses. It might be better to kill him off. You should not lose many units. Another thing you could try is to have a strong faith economy. You can build many apostles with Heathen Conversion promotion and thin the hordes. The guide in my signature shows how.

for giant maps nothing helps, marathon, i play Hammurabi, this give sme the tech to have chance. We have the 1st Era behind us and mutations bonus is 39 - means i need Cavalry and so to handle them easily on Deity. And each Barbarian camp starts also with 3 or so zomibies - it is hard for the AI, often only the capita is left. So the map is empty often, in some spots are Zomibies for later training of airplanes. Need Oil now.

upload_2021-4-22_10-27-53.png

Is how all capitals except of two or theree look now, zombies have +47.

Gorgo is interesting in marathon games with zombies. Cultural yield from kills are tripled. Civics costs are tripled. But there are a lot more opportunities for kills. I would need to go back to be sure, but I suspect I averaged 15 culture per turn in fro kills over the ancient era in my marathon Gorgo game. Far more than what I got from cities.

Tamar should be similarly interesting after the rebalance in marathon zombie games. Fast pantheon + lots of faith start of classical era monumentality even if you don't found a religion.

Another Deity with Zombies, it is all about to keep Tech high enmough to stop Zombies from attacking own cities. Still not able to safe some city states from the Zombies, and AI does not help also with decalring war so often.
IMO for a more balanced game the Barabarin clan mode is better, as with it off Zombies swarm the map when the first camps spawn.

Top Bottom