Random Rants noventa y tres: The Incredible Hulk will not be presented this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well.. yess, it's an online business, we set up an online shop, whatsapp group, social-media then we sell stuff, and the nature is not at all formal, the theme is mostly friendly and familiar, and it's not only unique to me, we just copying others as well.

I even make games once in a while to keep up peoples engagement in the group, and we also buy and promote whatever product they sells, let's say you sell cakes I might buy your cake and post the picture of it while tagging you, telling every member that I buy this cake from you and it's so delicious. So it's more like, community setting, we either know our customers before they become our customers or we ending up getting to know them after.

Ah, okay. Sorta like if we were to ever have a marketplace here. MaryKB could make a fortune, selling cookies to people whose customs regulations don't forbid baked goods from the U.S.

The first gaming forum I belonged to had a buy & sell subforum, where people could buy and sell second-hand gaming stuff. The site owners took no responsibility for any deals that fell through, and people were encouraged to report on the results of the transaction, like "Poster A was prompt in sending me the books/comics I ordered, they arrived on time and were in the condition stated."

More on that hostile dog.
Yesterday, as I was walking through the spot where it eternally is to be found, it got angrier and even approached me, barking. It does seem to really hate me, though I have no past with it.
Maybe old dogs, near death, confuse people or mix up what means of identification they once had?
I guess this will only end when it dies (natural causes).

It's a bit puzzling, that a dog - let alone one in that contemptible state - can even believe it can antagonize a human. But I suppose such is part of how those beings manage to keep existing. Maybe I should buy a copy of Moby Dick and leave it near the dog, which unwittingly is presenting the reversed fallacy.

Maybe I should buy a copy of Moby Dick and leave it near the dog, which unwittingly is presenting the reversed fallacy.
Is it really the reverse? The dogs brain is ~1/20th of yours, and Dicks brain was about 5 times Ahab's. It it not in each case the smaller brain harassing the larger.

Is it really the reverse? The dogs brain is ~1/20th of yours, and Dicks brain was about 5 times Ahab's. It it not in each case the smaller brain harassing the larger.
I meant that while the whale did not intend to antagonize Ahab but Ahad thought it did due to anthropomorphism, here the dog is both downgrading and projecting.
Although closer to a reverse is to think of it as human identifying animal as enemy, and what is happening here.

More on that hostile dog.
Yesterday, as I was walking through the spot where it eternally is to be found, it got angrier and even approached me, barking. It does seem to really hate me, though I have no past with it.
Maybe old dogs, near death, confuse people or mix up what means of identification they once had?
I guess this will only end when it dies (natural causes).

It's a bit puzzling, that a dog - let alone one in that contemptible state - can even believe it can antagonize a human. But I suppose such is part of how those beings manage to keep existing. Maybe I should buy a copy of Moby Dick and leave it near the dog, which unwittingly is presenting the reversed fallacy.
Dude, it's a dog, what are you expecting? that it will greet you good morning and nod his head politely while giving a gentle wink? dog bark from day one of their existence, it has nothing to do with you.

That's good to hear, Harun. Maybe if you had followed the story, you'd know this has been happening for a while, and a bit of imagination would allow you to suspect the dog has contact with other humans.
That said, I am pretty sure this has nothing to do with the dog, so there's that.

That's good to hear, Harun. Maybe if you had followed the story, you'd know this has been happening for a while, and a bit of imagination would allow you to suspect the dog has contact with other humans.
That said, I am pretty sure this has nothing to do with the dog, so there's that.
There was an old black dog at the street where my in-law living in Turkey, it just bark and very noisy at peoples, but peoples understand that he is just all bark and that's him being territorial especially against cabs (which he hated with all of his very essence of being), surprisingly he was a mascot of that street, everyone knew and took care of him, and he was just keep barking and being grumpy while others just shrug and laugh at him.

Perhaps it's an old dog thing; they experience aches and pains all over, which could make them excessively territorial. Instead of resorting to a metaphoric "poisoned dart", why not a simple treat? There's a chance you can make your way back home more interesting that way.

There was an old black dog at the street where my in-law living in Turkey, it just bark and very noisy at peoples, but peoples understand that he is just all bark and that's him being territorial especially against cabs (which he hated with all of his very essence of being), surprisingly he was a mascot of that street, everyone knew and took care of him, and he was just keep barking and being grumpy while others just shrug and laugh at him.

Perhaps it's an old dog thing; they experience aches and pains all over, which could make them excessively territorial. Instead of resorting to a metaphoric "poisoned dart", why not a simple treat? There's a chance you can make your way back home more interesting that way.
I understand your point, but we aren't just talking about barks - as you said, that's what dogs do. This one has gotten up (quite difficult for it, mind) already a few times, just to approach me in an intimidating manner with teeth exposed, so it is logical to assume that for some reason it feels afraid of me or treats me as an enemy. There are other people around and afaik it doesn't act like that towards them (of course, as you said, it may well do so towards a few, but that's part of the problem) :)
I never had a dog, and don't feel like buying stuff to give to this one either. Maybe if it was friendly ^^

Hmm, prices rose again this month by another 7.8% and that's 110% year-on-year and I haven't been paid since early March (more or less two months ago).

Thanks to the restrictions on imports its nominal price in pesos has slightly more than doubled in the intervening month, yes.

Dude, it's a dog, what are you expecting? that it will greet you good morning and nod his head politely while giving a gentle wink? dog bark from day one of their existence, it has nothing to do with you.

It depends on the dog's personality (no two are ever alike), health, life experience, and if Kyriakos gives off "I don't like you" vibes. Dogs can sense that.

So can cats, btw. My mother gave off "I don't like you" vibes every time she got near my cat, and then complained that my cat didn't seem to trust her (to the point of not being willing to eat in the same room as my mother).

I, on the other hand, have been the recipient of plenty of friendly greetings over the years from both dogs and cats, whether it's a "hi" when I passed the yard (friendly wag of the tail, or a Great Dane putting her paws on the fence to facilitate a hug; that dog was taller than I was at the time) or they literally climbed into my lap and wanted attention.

Dogs bark for a variety of reasons. @Kyriakos, is it possible to learn this dog's name? That's one of the things I tried to find out whenever we got a new neighbor with a dog, back when I lived in a house. If you can call the dog by name while telling it to be quiet or sit, or whatever, the dog will be more likely to pay attention, since you know its name.

It depends on the dog's personality (no two are ever alike), health, life experience, and if Kyriakos gives off "I don't like you" vibes. Dogs can sense that.

So can cats, btw. My mother gave off "I don't like you" vibes every time she got near my cat, and then complained that my cat didn't seem to trust her (to the point of not being willing to eat in the same room as my mother).

I, on the other hand, have been the recipient of plenty of friendly greetings over the years from both dogs and cats, whether it's a "hi" when I passed the yard (friendly wag of the tail, or a Great Dane putting her paws on the fence to facilitate a hug; that dog was taller than I was at the time) or they literally climbed into my lap and wanted attention.

Dogs bark for a variety of reasons. @Kyriakos, is it possible to learn this dog's name? That's one of the things I tried to find out whenever we got a new neighbor with a dog, back when I lived in a house. If you can call the dog by name while telling it to be quiet or sit, or whatever, the dog will be more likely to pay attention, since you know its name.
Don't give Kyriakos idea to ask the dog's name, he will use that bit of information to unlock the dog's true-name, so he can release a poisonous fire dart through incantations.

Don't give Kyriakos idea to ask the dog's name, he will use that bit of information to unlock the dog's true-name, so he can release a poisonous fire dart through incantations.

vulcan (1).gif

I am being serious. I may be CFCOT's resident cat lady, but I also know a thing or three about dogs.

This is getting serious. I can't find a jar of Huy Fong Foods Chili Garlic Sauce anywhere. 3 supermarkets, 0-for-3.

I may have to head to the secret place: C-Mart. Secret places, actually. There's two. Shhh. Us gwailos aren't supposed to know about it. Can't read Chinese? Too bad; so sad. But needs must when the devil drives.

Itr would be terrible if facts could influence an election.
Two of those elections have just been cancelled. Basically, because the governors were attempting to elude the limits on re-election (in Formosa, not up for election yet, the governor's been in power for thirty-odd years) by exchanging positions with their vice-governors for the 2023-27 term, which is explicitly banned by laws and constitutions aplenty.

Curiously enough, the ‘president’ of the country calls this an infringement on democracy, even though he himself is forbidden by the Constitution™ itself from issuing any opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom