Modern Unit Graphics

My crappy hackjob attempt at a Charioteer tank, which I could not find anywhere (though I may have missed it, somewhere, I admit) by copying and pasting an appropriate-looking turret and gun off of one of @Broken_Erika's unmarked tanks onto the chasis of a Cromwell, and then made a crude clean-up job. Be forgiving, I've not done this before.

Charioteer_Tank.png

My crappy hackjob attempt at a Charioteer tank, which I could not find anywhere (though I may have missed it, somewhere, I admit) by copying and pasting an appropriate-looking turret and gun off of one of @Broken_Erika's unmarked tanks onto the chasis of a Cromwell, and then made a crude clean-up job. Be forgiving, I've not done this before.

View attachment 668503
What you've actually done there Patine is paste my Comet turret (which I guess Erika used on her mod) onto my Cromwell. I think you'd have been better off starting with the Challenger turret on the Cromwell hull and work on extending the front of the turret somwhat. I have this unit already made up if you need one for a Korea scenario or similar.
fairline cromwell derivatives.png

Last edited:
What you've actually done there Patine is paste my Comet turret (which I guess Erika used on her mod) onto my Cromwell. I think you'd have been better off starting with the Challenger turret on the Cromwell hull and work on extending the front of the turret somwhat. I have this unit already made up if you need one for a Korea scenario or similar.
View attachment 668628
I thought it looked too similar to the Comet, in the ned. Thanks for the pointers!

Transkei (1976 – 1994) was a Bantustan of South Africa that would break its diplomatic ties with South Africa in '78. Its military would utilize military equipment from the SADF, such as the R4 rifle, and employ thirty Rhodesian advisors. Their camouflage patterns were developed with the assistance of the Rhodesians, creating a vertical brushstroke/striped pattern.

Transkei Defence Force:
BonesRobert Transkei Defence Force.png

Attachments

• BonesRobert Transkei Defence Force.png
    BonesRobert Transkei Defence Force.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 25
Ciskei (1981 – 1994), similar to Transkei, was a Bantustan of South Africa where their military received equipment and assistance by the SADF and SAP (police). They would adopt the South African Railway Police camouflage uniform in 1990 with modifications on the color and patterns.

Ciskei Defence Force:
BonesRobert Ciskei Defence Force.png

Attachments

• BonesRobert Ciskei Defence Force.png
    BonesRobert Ciskei Defence Force.png
    5 KB · Views: 26

From 21 to 24 July 1977 came to blows. On 21 July a Libyan tank battalion raided the Egyptian border town of Sallum. Egyptian forces ambushed it and subsequently launched a large counter-attack, conducting airstrikes against Gamal Abdel Nasser Airbase (south of Tobruk, believed to have had 60 to 70 Mirages at some point) and sending a mechanised force 24 kilometres into Libyan territory before withdrawing. Mirage 5s fought on bith sides. Pollack stated that the LARAF lost 10–20 Mirages. Cooper and Grandolini wrote that the force lost six Mirages and as many as 20 Soko G-2 Galebs and Jastrebs. The Egyptians suffered at most the loss of four to six aircraft (four Mig 21 and two Su 20).
Libya sold off its Mirages to Pakistan starting in 2004. They had been abbandoned in disrepair long before.
Egypt is one of the remaining pair of countries that still use the type. The other is Pakistan. Theoretically, Equador keeps a few ex-Venezuelan ones in reserve.
Yes they even had identical insignia up to that point. The Egyptian ones even got the orange ID "I am not Israeli" panels, not to be confused with Kfirs.

Attachments

• Mirage 5 Libya vs Egypt.png
    Mirage 5 Libya vs Egypt.png
    9 KB · Views: 456
Last edited:

Dassault Mirage III, 5, 50s and IAI Kfirs.
Pakistan has 87 Mirage IIIs and 92 Mirage 5s in service. Egypt has 75 Mirage 5s in service. Ecuador has 12 Atlas Cheetah C in service and 6 ex-Venezuelan Mirage 50V in reseve. Colombia has 23 IAI Kfir and Sri Lanka is refurbishing 5 of its Kfirs back into service.
Added the Equadorian Cheetah

Attachments

• Tanelorn Mirage III and 5.png
    Tanelorn Mirage III and 5.png
    138.1 KB · Views: 431
  • Tanelorn Equador Cheetah C.png
    Tanelorn Equador Cheetah C.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 404
Last edited:
Cuba's grey lizard camouflage came into use since the 70s and has been documented to be used by Cuban troops in Angola, FAPLA/Angolan Forces, and SWAPO. The pattern is apparently still in use by the Cuban forces but only for the border guards at Guantánamo Bay.
Based on Tanelorn's designs of the Cuban lizard camo.

Cuban Grey Camo:
BonesRobert Cuban Grey Camo.png

Attachments

• BonesRobert Cuban Grey Camo.png
    BonesRobert Cuban Grey Camo.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 24

In the1991 Gulf War it was found that T-55 tanks were easily destroyed even by Bradley 25mm guns. Same with a wheeled APC, which however has the advantage of speed and fuel economy. Due to US sanctions and the collapse of the USSR Cuba had to overcome the dificulty of obtaining new gear by mating and converting old weapons. Such as matching the BTR 60PB with a modified T55 turret and 100mm gun, thereby turning it into a light tank hunter/ direct fire support vehicle. Like a dirt cheap rigged M128 Stryker MGS, sharing the same center of gravity and reliability issues for a fraction of the cost (my guess). There is also a BTR 115 variant with the 115mm gun off a T62.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Cuban BTR100.png
    Tanelorn Cuban BTR100.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 577
Like a dirt cheap rigged M128 Stryker MGS, sharing the same center of gravity and reliability issues for a fraction of the cost (my guess).
:rotfl:

Good grief, Erika's kitbashes weren't far off the mark.

Top Bottom