Votes: 5 8.1%
  • No, that takes the fun out of it

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • No, but I'd like to know how to

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Forget the cube. Get me some lime favor Soviet cheesecake for $.99

Votes: 12 19.4%

• Total voters
I never tried it, never will. Would probably end up solving it like SN.

Like Ainwood, I've been able to solve it but today I would get problem with the bottom layer. I voted yes though, I think I could do it. I do it layer by layer (is there another way of solving it?) and in general it involves sequences of movements where several more pieces are moved than the one that should be changed.

I only ever had one rubics cube that I can remember, and I was about 10 years old.

It was hard, so I pulled all the stickers off.. but then my furious dad caught me... and he stuck them all back on in random order. I never figured out the solution.. :cry:

Yes, I've solved it once (guess it depends on how jumbled it is). Haven't played it since I was a kid, and it took me a LONG time then... I did take it apart once. Don't think it worked after that. :hmm:

I haven't tried in years, but I'm sure it's like riding a bike. The basic cube used to take me about 1 min, the 4x4 Rubic's Revenge used to take me about 6 mins. Though it was not very stable, and once it had fallen apart it just kept doing it over and over again.

Chieftess said:
Yes, I've solved it once (guess it depends on how jumbled it is). Haven't played it since I was a kid, and it took me a LONG time then... I did take it apart once. Don't think it worked after that. :hmm:

The one that I had when I was a kid could be taken apart and re-assembled very easily (this was the only way I could [be bothered to] solve it). It worked perfectly afterwards.

i actually did it once,but i think it wasnt too messed up when i started..

It shouldn't matter how messed up it is. If you can't solve it by doing the movements that messed it up in reverse you'll have to use the same technique.

stormbind said:
I only ever had one rubics cube that I can remember, and I was about 10 years old.

It was hard, so I pulled all the stickers off.. but then my furious dad caught me... and he stuck them all back on in random order. I never figured out the solution.. :cry:

your dad did more damage to the cube then smashing it against a wall would have done. at that point you can throw the cube out.

it becomes prety likely to be completely unsolvable if you jsut stick the stickers on in a random fashion.

as for solving it, i'm in ainwoods situation also.
solved it a few times (when i remembered how), but tried it recently again and only got the top two layers done.
couldnt remember the slightly more complicated moves for the bottom lair.

I've seen a Rubik's cube solved in less than 15 seconds.

Quite simple, the effort is to memorise some steps. I have also seen a tetraeder with different coloured sides, twistable like a rubics cube. Want to see a 4 dimensional cube and try to solve it? Check out HERE.

Cilpot said:
Would be really amazing if it wasn't filmed backwards ;)

But they are solved that fast. I've seen one solved that fast. They're solvable in 60 moves or less

I'd be interested in trying if I get one. I have an old Windows 3.1 Rubick cube game, but I can't work with it.

But compared to 2D puzzles (where you have a picture divided up into smaller squares and with an open space. By successive vertical-horizontal permutations, using the open space, you have to get to the original image...) how difficult is this Rubick's cube?

Top Bottom