By the way, what's become of the NCSA-sponsored conference?

OOC: More "ZOMG COLONIALIZM IS EVIL, IF YOU CLAM MAH LANDZ IN MAH CONE OF INFLUENCE I WILL DELCARZ WAR ON YOUZ!!!" :shake:. Sometimes, I wonder why I even bothered with this game in the first place.
That's diplomacy for you. :p

interestingly they never said what i did was evil or something. despite being in south America, it's still a European nation, in name, culture, and origin.

This is my problem. You quite literally picked up everything and just replanted in Brazil. You even have the same name. It's highly irritating.

So, whenever a sovereign state makes a decision inconvenient with your agenda, it's "imperialist"? I can understand the practical threat to your military hegemony, but frankly, the whole "colonialz is evul" mantra grew old ages ago.

1) Colonizers are evil
2)How isn't it imperialist? The Marian's are forcing their government upon a people whose government sold them out. Unless a majority of the people voted to be assimilated into the Marian Federation; but in this case it was just the leader's decision. So that means the people were forced to live in a country they don't want, i.e. the definition of imperialism.

Back to IC:

Here, here. The point still remains: Japan was the first nation to launch a war... against its own NEIGHBORS for goodness sakes, and thus have no right to say "imperialism."

But, the line is like all rhetoric. It is akin to a mammary gland; with time and use, it grows moldy, shriveled up, and yields far less results than it used to...

Yes, but at least I acknowledge that I'm an imperialist of Asia. Though at least I'm not a global imperialists (I haven't claimed a single territory outside of Asia, unlike *cough* all the imperialists *cough*

OOC: To be honest, thats what gotten me to lose interest in IOT because of the whole "imperialist" and "colonialz are da evils".

OOC: More "ZOMG COLONIALIZM IS EVIL, IF YOU CLAM MAH LANDZ IN MAH CONE OF INFLUENCE I WILL DELCARZ WAR ON YOUZ!!!" :shake:. Sometimes, I wonder why I even bothered with this game in the first place.

OOC: You do realize how boring this game would be if everyone got along, right? If everyone agreed with one another, then there would be no conflict, and if there's no conflict, then it really isn't much of a game since there's nothing to strive, no goal. Every healthy game needs a main antagonist (dirty imperialists :mischief:), or else it just turns into a game of "who can paint the map the best".

I mean, the best moments in this game were the ones in which it seemed as though the world was on the brink of war. When relations were tense, everyone forming alliances, counter acting each others actions with different groups and programs. I mean, at least, that's when I was having the most fun.

Unless you just enjoy painting the world gray CivG, then by all means try not to cut out the conflict.

IC: Colonizers are evil.

I am willing to sell last round's claim to the highest bidder and

ATTACK has successfully completed the first satellite and launched it into space. Our scientists are nearly done completing a design to launch to the moon. Soon we will develop space weapons and begin a space fleet (don't worry no mars colonization plans)

ATTACK has successfully completed the first satellite and launched it into space. Our scientists are nearly done completing a design to launch to the moon. Soon we will develop space weapons and begin a space fleet (don't worry no mars colonization plans)

No. no no no no no no no no no no no.

Non

nyet

nein

nac ydy

no.

This was one of the conditions for starting a new game. No space poop. If you want space crap, start your own game. This is strictly for earthly stuff.

No. no no no no no no no no no no no.

Non

nyet

nein

nac ydy

no.

This was one of the conditions for starting a new game. No space poop. If you want space crap, start your own game. This is strictly for earthly stuff.

I know. It's just added for roleplaying. It doesn't do crap (I could hope it does something).

This is my problem. You quite literally picked up everything and just replanted in Brazil. You even have the same name. It's highly irritating.

so? Portugal did the same thing.

also, Byzantine South America was not a new thing. its a legitimate concept, since the Facebook Nations Game. i was stuck with Beunos Aries for a while.

to date your the only one who objected. over time i may change to the Brazilian Empire.

Byzantium condemns ATTACK for the space thing. if you will not stop i will call an embargo, citing breaches of an agreement with ALL nations.

so? Portugal did the same thing.

also, Byzantine South America was not a new thing. its a legitimate concept, since the Facebook Nations Game. i was stuck with Beunos Aries for a while.

to date your the only one who objected. over time i may change to the Brazilian Empire.

No, Portugal did not do the same thing.

What does that have to do with anything? If you want Byzantium, fine, hold onto Byzantium and let NADTA declare war on you. If you want to be an American nation, be an American nation. Stop trying to be both, it's just annoying.

Byzantium condemns ATTACK for the space thing. if you will not stop i will call an embargo, citing breaches of an agreement with ALL nations.

That's pretty harsh for just stating his goals. You don't have to be so draconian :p

Anyhoo, I don't mind the satellite, just no space fleet poop (as Owen said wonderfully in his post :)).

No, Portugal did not do the same thing.

What does that have to do with anything? If you want Byzantium, fine, hold onto Byzantium and let NADTA declare war on you. If you want to be an American nation, be an American nation. Stop trying to be both, it's just annoying.

you know, if i had completely colonized Brazil, and moved the capital to Brasilia, would you say the same thing?

That's pretty harsh for just stating his goals. You don't have to be so draconian :p

Anyhoo, I don't mind the satellite, just no space fleet poop (as Owen said wonderfully in his post :)).

the rules state that unmanned missions are ok, moon landings and space fleets are not.

you know, if i had completely colonized Brazil, and moved the capital to Brasilia, would you say the same thing?

No, actually, because I would declare war on you the instant you set foot in Brazil. It is only because you removed your European holdings that I'm not declaring war on you now. But seriously, change your name/culture, or relations will be sour, to say the least.

It's not like they do anything. And plus, I doubt I'd even mention them again. I was just adding some realism (sorta).

No, actually, because I would declare war on you the instant you set foot in Brazil. It is only because you removed your European holdings that I'm not declaring war on you now. But seriously, change your name/culture, or relations will be sour, to say the least.

i cant. the Byzantine leaderships holds the Governmental positions. the country is Brazil, they just invited us to rule for them...:)

too bad. the country is Brazil, with a major Portuguese culture and a substantial Byzantine Minority. accept that or don't.

How does that even work? What the hell is a byzantine? THAT'S NOT AN ETHNICITY!

How does that even work? What the hell is a byzantine? THAT'S NOT AN ETHNICITY!

its actually Greek and roman, but i call it Byzantine to keep things simple. jsut think of it as mostly Greek with parts of roman culture in it.

Byzantine is just a word made up by some German historian in the 19th century to represent the Eastern Roman Empire (or simply what they called themselves at the time, the Roman Empire).

Mathalamus should read up on some ERE history a bit more :)

Byzantine is just a word made up by some German historian in the 19th century to represent the Eastern Roman Empire (or simply what they called themselves at the time, the Roman Empire).

Mathalamus should read up on some ERE history a bit more :)

i did research the ERE you know. but the name would make no sense at all if i used it here.

It would make more sense than a made up word :p

Top Bottom