So what city-states are you missing?

I don't think it would feel right at all to in 4000 BC to find a Vatican City city-state.

I dont think it would feel right at all the find Washington as a city in 4000 BC, but youve learned to live with it.

I don't think it would feel right at all to in 4000 BC to find a Vatican City city-state.

Cviilization isn't an accurate historical game so that isn't a good point against it. Personally I agree with the Vatican as a city-state. And since we are speaking of some city-states. Jerusalem (if not in the Roman list) Antioch (Same problem as Jerusalem) and Beirut could also be city-states.

I dont think it would feel right at all the find Washington as a city in 4000 BC, but youve learned to live with it.

I still find it funny that you find an ancient American civ. But I think a Vatican City would be more out of place, because its not a representative of a real group of people but of a political order at a certain point in time.

:lol:

But we can have civilizations that did not come around till the 1700's.

It is pointless debate on either side. Again if the game had any real details about how civilizations formed would could have a better discussion on the issue.

The only thing that seems to matter is to have some "Sexy Action City States".

I still find it funny that you find an ancient American civ. But I think a Vatican City would be more out of place, because its not a representative of a real group of people but of a political order at a certain point in time.

My friend but Civilization like I said is not an accurate historical game. If you want one play Age of Empires or Europa Universalis III.

:lol:

But we can have civilizations that did not come around till the 1700's.

It is pointless debate on either side. Again if the game had any real details about how civilizations formed would could have a better discussion on the issue.

The only thing that seems to matter is to have some "Sexy Action City States".

Not completely pointless. The game could be more realistic than it is, but even as it is, the designers could make choices that just feel silly .

Not completely pointless. The game could be more realistic than it is, but even as it is, the designers could make choices that just feel silly .

Yes but it is against the core of CIV like I told you if you want a somewhat historical game play Europa Universalis III.

Hypothetically, they could fix the whole "can't include some city-states because they're part of civs" thing by just putting in a filter that says, say, the city-state of Amsterdam and the civilization of the Netherlands can't be put in the same game. Since a city state would only invalidate one civ and a civ would at most invalidate two or three city-states, this probably wouldn't be a problem, and as far as we know you can't customize which city-states are in your game (just the number) so we wouldn't have to worry about players mucking it up.

Bogota has nothing to do with the Incans so why shoulnd't it be included. Also for Africa I belive Great Zimbabawe could be a city-state. Others could be Ceuta - an important trading center on the North of Africa that was conquered by the Portuguese in 1415 and later wrestled by the Spainish. Oran - in modern Algiers. Rabat - In Morrocco, Tunis and Zanzibar.

Oh no, I def think Bogota should be one.

Vatican City, historically, played exactly the role that City States are supposed to play in 5 - it played larger civs off against one another and took their money.

Vatican City, historically, played exactly the role that City States are supposed to play in 5 - it played larger civs off against one another and took their money.

:agree:

I think the reason it feels a bit funny is that the influence Vatican city exerted over civs was religious - a mechanic that isn't implemented. Vatican city is a bit of an oddity among city states in that without the religious power of the pope it probably would have been ground into the dust halfway through the dark ages. That said, I have no problem with its inclusion.

The Vatican today still has less than a thousand residents, its just an administrative center, nothing more.

The Vatican today still has less than a thousand residents, its just an administrative center, nothing more.

But it was much more than that historically. Rome-as-the-vatican-city had control over large pieces of Italy at certain points.

Are they keeping Amsterdam out because they plan to put in the Dutch in later? :eek:

Needs Hong Kong, Jerusalem (though that could be an Ottoman City), Dubai, Jakarta, Panama, and Canada (sorry Canadians you will never be a real civ).

Also, thumbs up for Warsaw!

Top Bottom