18 Iowa 2-1 463
19 Miami (FL) 1-1 418
20 Penn State 2-1 335
21 West Virginia 3-0 315
22 Michigan 3-0 255
23 Michigan State 3-0 125
24 Missouri 3-0 123
25 Oklahoma State 3-0

Nevada, Florida State, Oregon State, and Georgia Tech bring up the also receiving votes.

I told you guys, don't sleep on Michigan State! Also, who is the idiot who gave Nebraska a first place vote? Jake Locker's dad?

I told you guys, don't sleep on Michigan State! Also, who is the idiot who gave Nebraska a first place vote? Jake Locker's dad?

Best team in the Big 12 this year, perhaps.

Smarter than the idiot who gave Texas a first place vote before!

I thought the same thing. Who would've thought Texas Tech vs. Texas would be a defensive battle?

Also, me me me! I don't expect much out of Texas' offense against good opponents :p

Stanford just iced Wake Forest's kicker right before halftime.

They were winning 41-7.

Jim Harbaugh ain't playing around.

I believe they still had a 'bad taste' in their mouths when Wake stunned them last year.

They mauled Wake, nothing less!

Clemson/Auburn was a smackdown :eek: . QB for Clemson was acting whoosy the whole second half after a helmet to the back. A big lineman from each team had a leg snapped in two :sad: ... kind of gruesome. Clemson made a FG to tie in the first overtime, but the center double-clutched the snap... then the poor guy missed the next try.

Smarter than the idiot who gave Texas a first place vote before!

Also, me me me! I don't expect much out of Texas' offense against good opponents :p

You have some strange fixation on hating UT.

But yea, Gils is going to get messed up against Oklahoma (since they only let bad teams get close to beating them) and Nebraska (which knocked the crap out of UT last year when we had a great QB). Holiday Bowl here we come!

It's perfectly fine to trash major rivals, and I bet a lot of folks are fine with anyone in the nation trashing the state of Texas in general :). I'd challenge the Ohio State folks to see if they hate on Michigan more ;p

It does look more and more like someone from the Big12 has a chance at going undefeated perhaps, especially as Nebraska and OU don't play in the regular season, which spells a lot of trouble in the NC Game picture though (well, there are too many teams across all conferences which could be undefeated, and the BCS sucks)

I just hate that if you are not ranked preseason you have 0 shot no matter what you do.

God I would love a march madness type setup for college football. Talk about a money maker.

God I would love a march madness type setup for college football. Talk about a money maker.

There's almost no "regular person" I've ever known who wouldn't either. It's all media/corporations/university officials who profit off of the current system more trying to keep it that way. I'm even happy with less success for us or any particular team if all of college football was more competitive/exciting/many fewer cupcake games and so on:mad:

Yes, but sadly even though it would be a bigger money maker the money would be shared much more and the football factories fear that. Nevermind making the BCS obsolete.

I just hate that if you are not ranked preseason you have 0 shot no matter what you do.

Utah started the season unranked and is now what, 13? If they win out they'll go to a BCS bowl. If you're in BCS conference and you win 10 games, it doesn't really matter THAT much where you were ranked preseason, because you will have to defeat enough quality teams that you'll HAVE to be ranked.

The only people who really get jobbed are nonBCS teams that win a ton of games but dont beat a quality opponent, so they'll get locked out.

Yes but the mythical championship is always out of your reach. Look at Boise. They schedule the best who will play them and they still can't get in. This play cupcakes and be a football factory crap lowers the game. Bowls are little more than exhibition games to get a check. It bores me.

It's perfectly fine to trash major rivals, and I bet a lot of folks are fine with anyone in the nation trashing the state of Texas in general :). I'd challenge the Ohio State folks to see if they hate on Michigan more ;p

It does look more and more like someone from the Big12 has a chance at going undefeated perhaps, especially as Nebraska and OU don't play in the regular season, which spells a lot of trouble in the NC Game picture though (well, there are too many teams across all conferences which could be undefeated, and the BCS sucks)

Problem is, I keep forgetting what your angle is, so your hate always seems random :p

OU is going to slip up eventually I think, if not in the regular season than in the Big 12 CG. They have beaten Utah State & Air Force (@Norman) by a combined 10 points. Something isn't right there.

Unless you are Notre Dame. They started one season unranked. My team, Texas Tech started out ranked. Notre Dame won a big game and leapfrogged Tech and a bunch of other teams. Fair enough. Notre Dame lost a game, Tech was still unbeaten, yet Notre Dame stayed ranked ahead of Tech. Notre Dame lost AGAIN and STILL stayed ranked ahead of a then unbeaten Tech.

If Notre Dame had managed to go undefeated, I am sure they would have been playing for the national championship despite starting the season unranked. After all, they stayed in the top 10 after 2 losses ahead of undefeated teams that started out the season ranked ahead of them.

Problem is, I keep forgetting what your angle is

Oh wow, okay, totally didn't realize that. It's ok, guess you never knew or forgot.

Kirby still loves you :)

|``]|
[___|
..... |/''''''''''''''''''''\
..... |......<(^o^)>--------- .^. ------ .... .^.
..... |_________-.......<````|-*...... <````|-*
..... {} ........ {}......... ll .. ll ........... ll .. ll

Also interesting story about Michigan State coach having a heart attack! So tough after that amazing game, best wishes towards recovery and future health of course.

So, why is the Wannstache still the head coach of a reputable program?

Arkansas-Bama is a heck of a game right now, I might just be stuck watching that now until later into the afternoon, and who knows what if it's still really close and down to the wire.

Top Bottom