LK171, Daleks, CCM, True Fascists

• I have a Camel Musketeer moving north in the desert by Indo-China, His mission is the contact the Canadians and the Turks

:confused: :confused: :confused::confused:
You already made trades with Turkey in your report. Canada is already scheduled for extermination through Indo-China. Did the Doctor take control and confuse us?

The extermination continues well.

I see we still have a ton of cash. It is arriving faster than we can spend it. :)

It is to the point that I can’t wait for rails. The troops are getting to far from the core to keep fighting without them.

ROSTER:
LKendter (on deck)
Elephantium
Greebley (up)
Jersey Joe (swapped)

We must raze all the cities. They can’t be captured for even 1 second.
No workers may upgrade to partisans as we don’t want non-Daleks in our army. If we create a foreign partisan, it must be disbanded ASAP.
We are defiant. We must refuse all demands. The superior Daleks will not be ordered by other civs.
We can’t give up anything to get peace. We can't accept cities in peace.
We can’t complete Military Research Center until the appropriate age.

You already made trades with Turkey in your report. Canada is already scheduled for extermination through Indo-China. Did the Doctor take control and confuse us?
No that was owing to old tired memory circuits :blush: mine not the computer's. I type my reports by using the last report as a template. I had the same bullet point in my last report and did not delete it from this report.
It is to the point that I can’t wait for rails. The troops are getting to far from the core to keep fighting without them.
I didn't time it, but it felt to me as if I spent more time each turn moving troops from were they were built to the front than I did exterminating the enemy. It is also the major reason I built mostly Hussars.

The key tech after rails will be settlers. Both will be needed for the win. Given the easy difficulty level I do not expect us to get to tanks.
I agree, once we get settlers we all should build more towns.
Also, I think the towns should be spread apart to take into account the territory covered by the third ring and "merging of borders".
Further, I think we should rush at least the first 4 builds of each town, to get to the expansions quicker. The builds I would suggest, in this order, are Academy, Administration Center, Courthouse and finally Barracks. When we start using Motorized Settlers, then right after Academy we might consider rushing Colloseum and Opera to get the third ring expansion faster.

If there are any more wonders left with free culture buildings, we really want those.

If there are any more wonders left with free culture buildings, we really want those.
There are 2 Wonders:
National Monument (1000 shields) gives a War Memorial. Need to know Nationalism
Internationale Telephone Corp (500 shields) gives Telegraph/Telephone. Need to know Radio.

Preturn: Looked reasonable.

IBT: Wonder why we have no balloons so switch to one. Realize it's the variant when I try to move the balloon to the front and there is no city to move into. Still would like at least a few balloon (built 3 or 4 total if we need them).

810 AD: Move into Indochina and grab a hilltop on the Mongolian front.
Built a few outposts mostly on mountains for the 3x range.
We have two tech to trade and could get gold for but Arabia is (in current lingo) sus. Don't think they will keep a 20 agreement. Based on costs, it looks like both Arabia and Turkey are researching Economics. I think I will not trade until I figure out if Arabia will attack us.

IBT: Poland also moves out troops to the south.
Single Indochina attacking Camel is defeated.

820 AD:
Destroyed an Indochina Stack - all weaker units.
Forces on Mongol and Indochina head for cities.

IBT: Minor attacks. Indochina is mostly going around our stacks.
We get Enlightenment and Cavalry.

830 AD:
Indochina:
Mandalay is exterminated.

Mongol
Kazan is exterminated.
Karakorum is exterminated along with its Buddhist Art but costing around 4 Hussar. City gives 13 workers.

Deal for tech now looks good enough. We get 10k and 155 gpt for World map, Naval Power and Economics for Turkey. We get 5939 gold out of ~6k from Arabia for Naval Power and Economics.

IBT: Indochina goes around us again without attacking
It really looks like both Arabia and Poland are trying to get to our city for a surprise attack, not realizing that the wall of Daleks might mean something about the surprise part.

840 AD:
For Indochina
Rangoon is Exterminated losing two Hussar.

3-4 others lost killing Indochina units

IBT: I wasn't able to cover all units so we lose 2 hussar to indochina

850 AD:
Mongols:
Ulaanbataar is exterminated
Almalik is exterminated.

We met Persia but they don't have any cash.

Notes:
I have a unit heading to Russia though the boat may also reach there soon.

We have 3 settler units. One is below the Fruit and heading North. The other two are new and didn't plan where they should go.

We don't need to keep the walls up for Arabia and Poland if the next player doesn't want to. I am not sure if they are just on the move or trying to do the surprise attack on a town.

Upgraded some Hussar to Cavalry, but our front lines are still older units.

Indochina forces needs a bunch of healing but will also get Cavalry reinforcements soon. 8 cities remain including their capital. I see 26 defenders and 8 xbow (we have a spy). They have a clan so it may be worth using Steal Plans to find it - though a clan is not updated and may be in the latest capital. You can also see the Arabian units.

LK171_AD850b.png

We have a spy with Mongolia and they have 3 defenders, a worker and a Bombard for 3 cities. It is mostly a matter of getting to the cities. We have one attack next turn.

LK171_AD850a.png

I ended up making peace with Canada.

Did not trade Enlightenment. Especially with Arabia acting up, we don't want to give them Cavalry.

Attachments

• LK171-850AD.SAV
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
LKendter (up, and got it)
Elephantium (on deck)
Greebley
Jersey Joe (swapped)

We must raze all the cities. They can’t be captured for even 1 second.
No workers may upgrade to partisans as we don’t want non-Daleks in our army. If we create a foreign partisan, it must be disbanded ASAP.
We are defiant. We must refuse all demands. The superior Daleks will not be ordered by other civs.
We can’t give up anything to get peace. We can't accept cities in peace.
We can’t complete Military Research Center until the appropriate age.

Mid-set extermination teaser:

Mid-set teaser. It just got more active

850 AD (0)
I dial up Turkey and get $3664 and $241/T for enlightenment.
It is marginal, but I give Arabia enlightenment for $1758 and $108/T.

This will be my last set without railroads to fight. :dance:
There are just 3 total techs to learn. I see no reason for democracy before rails.
(IT) Turkey declares war on France.
I killed Indochina: 1 camel. (1-0)
I lost 1 infantry and 1 cavalry. (1-2)
Indochina captured a small worker stack that was being covered by those units. :(

860 AD (1)
The assault on Dalanzadgad begins. I kill 1 pike. (2-2)
I raze the city for $0 and 0 workers.

I kill 1 enslaver that I think is Mongolian. There are several more invisible units in that space.
I gained 1 artist.

Hussar of Skaro arrived. It is so far from a city, that nothing will be rushed until the next turn.

I shift worker tasks. They are going to concentrate on building roads near the core. I want to be ready to build rails where they are most useful.

I kill Indochina: 1 file lancer, 1 pike and 3 crossbows. (7-2)
(IT) I lost 1 infantry and 1 cavalry. (7-4)
Russia completed their UW.

870 AD (2)
I picked up a bit of cash selling our map around.

I kill Indochina: 1 fire lancer and 4 crossbows. (12-4)
I captured 1 settler.
(IT) I suspect Arabia is heading toward a war declaration. A few units turn and move further toward our core.
The next science goal is industrialization.

880 AD (3)
The assault on Bangkok begins. I kill 2 fire lancer and 1 crossbow. (15-4)
I gained $0 and 8 workers.

The assault on Dark begins. It was totally empty. :crazyeye:
I gained $0.

The assault on Hovd begins. I kill 2 fire lancer and 1 crossbow. (18-4)
I gained $0 and 1 worker.
Mongolia has left the game. :dance:

I thought all those invisible units by Dark were Mongolian. They are still there, so another civ owns them. I now understand how the city was empty.
I kill 2 enslavers, 5 warrior monks and 3 yogis. (28-4)
I lost 1 hussar. (28-5)

With a possible war with Arabia, I began to ship almost all new cavalry in that direction. I’m still not sure what Poland is up to.

Turkey suddenly has a bunch of cash again. There is still a cash rich civ we have failed to meet. I ship them Napoleonic Age for $7452 and $225/T.

I kill Indochina: 1 pike and 1 crossbow. (30-5)
(IT) I kill 1 Indochina MDI. (31-5)
I now see a decent stack from Poland. The nervous level is increasing with them.
The Dutch are building their UW.

890 AD (4)
A boring turn of moving troops around. The next Indochina city is lined up. I continue to push troops like crazy to our western front. Between Arabia and Poland, it has the potential to get messy.
[End of session 1]
(IT) Turkey is building Code Civil. It is already under construction for us, and almost completed.

900 AD (5)
Poland is told to withdraw their troops from inside our borders.

Our enslavers kill 2 Korean chariots. We gained 1 worker. (33-5)

The assault on Angkor begins. I kill 4 file lancers, 1 fire cannon and 1 crossbow. I lost 1 cavalry. (39-6)
I gained $3 and 7 workers.

I kill Indochina: 2 crossbows. (41-6)
(IT) Arabia continues to skirt our lands. However, Poland crosses our borders.

910 AD (6)
Poland is told with withdraw or declare war. War has begun. :hammer:

Polish Exterminating Hussar arrives. The weirdly named Burgundy gets a rushed observatory.

I killed something invisible. (42-6)
I killed a Korean chariot but lost and enslaver. (43-7)

Spiridon is founded.

I kill Poland: 1 winged hussar, 2 pikes, 2 MDI and 1 musket. (49-7)
I lost 1 hussar and 2 camels. (49-10)

I kill Indochina: 1 pike. (49-11)
(IT) I killed Poland: 1 infantry and 1 crossbow. (51-11)
I lost 1 infantry and 2 cavalries. (51-14)

920 AD (7)
The assault on Vientiane begins. I killed 2 fire lancers and 1 camel. (54-11)
I gained $0 and 2 workers.

Poland chose unwisely. When they see the massive cavalry parade coming their way, they will regret their decision.

Necros is founded.

I started some cities on factories. I don’t want to do all at once so that the cavalry parade to Poland continues.

I kill Indochina: 1 crossbow. (55-11)
I kill Poland: 1 winged hussar, 1 musket, 1 spear, 3 pikes, 7 crossbows and 1 invisible. (68-11)
I lost 1 cavalry. (69-11)

[End of session 2]
(IT) I killed Poland: 1 winged hussar and 1 bucket. (69-13)
I lost 2 cavalries. (71-13)
I killed something invisible coming from the direction of Korea. (72-13)
Code Civil is completed. :dance:

930 AD (8)
The assault on Saigon begins. I killed: 2 pikes. (74-13)
I gained $0 and 7 workers.

I can’t believe Turkey is loaded with cash again. I sent them Industrialization for $11,628. I’m getting very frustrated that I can’t find who keeps giving them all that cash. I don’t want to let them stay even with us.

I killed an enslaver that I think was Polish. (75-13)

I kill Poland: 1 pike, 3 crossbows, 3 bombards and 1 MDI. (82-13)
(IT) Arabia is insane and demands rubber. We now have another enemy in the west. :crazyeye:
The unit wall gets hit hard.
I kill Arabia: 2 buckets, 3 crossbows, 1 sword and 1 MDI. (89-13)
I lost 9 cavalry and 1 infantry. (99-13)
The small worker stack from Indochina razed cities is stolen.
The Turks are building the Alamo.

940 AD (9)
I was debating if I try to knock out Korea with the troops already in the north. Multiple units appeared by us. War is declared. :hammer:

The assault on Hanoi begins. I kill 5 fire lancers. I lost 2 cavalry and 2 hussars. (104-17)
I gained $0 and 12 workers.

I recovered the 2 workers that Arabia stole.

I kill Poland: 1 musket and 1 crossbow. (106-17)

I kill Korea: 2 spears, 2 crossbows, 2 buckets and 2 chariots. (118-17)
I lost 1 enslaver. (118-18)
I gained 1 worker. I captured 1 worker.

I kill Arabia: 1 warrior, 2 foot knights, 5 crossbows, 3 buckets, 2 swords and 2 pikes. (133-18)
I lost: 1 camel. (133-19)
(IT) I killed Arabia: 2 crossbow and 1 pike. (136-19)
I killed Korea: 1 bucket and 1 chariot. (138-19)
I lost 1 cavalry. (138-20)

950 AD (10)
A very large stack of cavalry is now available. It moves into Polish territory.

The assault on Inchon begins. I kill 2 spears and 1 crossbow. (141-19)
I gained $0 and 2 workers.
Korea turns out far weaker than I expected.

Fruit of Davros is founded.

The assault on Da Nang begins. I kill 2 pikes. (143-19)
I gained $0 and 7 workers.

The assault on Phnom Penh begins. I kill 2 pikes. (145-19)
I gained $0 and 5 workers.

The assault on Bien Hoa begins. I kill 2 pikes. (147-19)
I gained $0 and 3 workers.

Indochina has left the game. :dance:

I’ve overestimated the amount of resistance to be encountered. I am putting more cities on factory building.

I kill Korea: 1 chariot, 1 catapult, 1 siege crossbows, 2 crossbows, 2 spears and 2 buckets. (156-19)

I kill Poland: 2 crossbows and 1 musket. (159-19)

I kill Arabia: 1 pike. (160-19)

I lost: 1 hussar. (160-20)
(IT) Poland already wants to talk. :lol:
The Dutch complete their UW.

Top Bottom