LK171, Daleks, CCM, True Fascists

I like the USA choice. Also, we have barracks closer to the US than to Dalek-Aztec.
Elephantium, the Green Dot settler has been reassigned to combat duty.
I think I will do some rush building of Cuirassiers in Dalek-Germany and Dalek-Australia.

Continuing 350 AD: Do some MM and short rushes.

IBT: Late Pike killed by Aztec Crossbow (0, 1); Late Pike exterminates Crossbow (1, 1).

360 AD:
Extermination of Tlatelolco: War Elephant killed by Aztec Spearman (1, 2); Knight exterminates Spearmen (2, 2); Kinight killed by Spearman (2, 3); Knight exterminates Spearman (3, 3) and the town is razed.
Enslaver captures Crossbow (4, 3) and we get a Great Leader. Enslaver captures 2 Aztec workers.

IBT: The Chinese complete the Great Wall. As if a pile of rocks can stop the Dalek advance. :nope: Of course we need to know where they are. :think:

370 AD:
Extermination of Calixtlahuaca: Knights exterminate 3 Aztec Spearmen (7, 3) and the town is razed.
Enslavers capture 2 Crossbows (9, 3).

Extermination of Calixtlahuaca: Knight exterminates an Aztec Spearmen (8, 3); Enslaver captures Spearman (9, 3) and the town is razed.

We Sell knowledge of Printing Press to Brazil-Portugal for their world map, 2834 gold and 65 gpt.
We Sell knowledge of Printing Press to Arabia for their world map, 2071 gold, and 107 gpt.
We Sell knowledge of Printing Press to Lowlands for their world map, 1505 gold, and 27 gpt.
We Sell knowledge of Navigation to Japan for their world map, 43 gold, and 30 gpt.
We Sell knowledge of Navigation to Israel for their world map, Gems, 1 gold, and 30 gpt.
We Sell knowledge of Navigation to Maghreb for their world map, 36 gold, and 35 gpt.

380 AD: Our troops prepared to exterminate Xoxhicalco.

390 AD:
For our World Map, Furs, and 4303 gold we gain knowledge of Naval Guns from the Lowlands.

Extermination of Xoxhicalco: Knights exterminate 2 Aztec Spearmen (11, 3) and the town is razed.
The Aztec are Exterminated. :hammer::hammer::hammer:

400 AD: Many troops are on the long march from Dalek-Aztec to Dalek-Australia and along the way they are being refitted with the latest in weaponry.

410 AD:
Sell Elephants to Arabia for 590 gold.
Sell Theology to Maghreb for 63 gold and 38 gpt.
Sell Sacred Art to Israel for 10 gold and 41 gpt.

420 – 430 AD: Troops continue their march to Dalek-Australia.

IBT: By USA Border Camel Musketeer exterminates Invisible Unit (12, 3).

440 AD: We meet the Poles.
Sell Poland Theology for their world map, 24 gold and 36 gpt.

IBT: Arabs demand we give them Horses. We send the diplomat's head back to them as our answer. :trouble:
They decide to leave us alone.

Medieval Infantry kills Invisible unit in Dalek-Aztec territory. 13,3).

450 AD: We meet the Indo-Chinese.
Sell Indo-China Theology for their world map, 52 gold and 40 gpt.

IBT: Turkey completes Topkapi Palace and enters their Golden Age.

460 AD:

I did not check for trades this turn. I suggest that you sell Humanism to the Tech leaders (except USA since they are our next target).
Screen shots are in my next post.

Notes and Suggestions:
  • Hopefully the AI will learn Exploration before we learn Bastion Fortifications so we can buy it and begin learning Absolutism.
  • On the off chance Mercantilism becomes available we should get it and have if possible have Mensvat Esc-Dalek build East Indian Company
  • We have a Settler who just started moving north toward Dalek-Aztec. I was sending him there to build a town to secure the Silver resource (see white dot on map to follow)
  • I think we should send the next settler we get in Skaro north to Dalek-Aztec to secure the Spices there (see black dot).
  • We are building all 3 Great Wonders Free Artistry provides:
    • Skaro is building he Great Playhouse (due in 2 turns),
    • Extermination Bend is building Neuschwanstein (due in 5 turns) and,
    • Emissaries of Jevo is building the Taj Mahal (due in 6 turns).
    • I am resonably confident we will succesfully build all three wonders. We are the only ones that know Humanism and Free Artistry. <smug>
  • I have a Camel Musketeer moving north in the desert by Indo-China, His mission is the contact the Canadians and the Turks
  • I have an Explorer in Dalek-Austarlia whose mission is to contact the British and South Africa.

Attachments

• LK171-460AD.SAV
    937.6 KB · Views: 7
Two (2) potential build sites in Dalek-Aztec territory:

Here is the Dalek Core. It is well developed except for Amaryll Challenge which needs roads and irrigation.

and here is the next addition to the Dalek Empire, Dalek-USA Doctor Who will not stop us this time, New York will be ours! :shifty:

Glad to scratch the Aztecs.

I like both resource spots in the former Aztec lands.

ROSTER:
LKendter (on deck)
Elephantium
Greebley (up)
Jersey Joe (swapped)

We must raze all the cities. They can’t be captured for even 1 second.
No workers may upgrade to partisans as we don’t want non-Daleks in our army. If we create a foreign partisan, it must be disbanded ASAP.
We are defiant. We must refuse all demands. The superior Daleks will not be ordered by other civs.
We can’t give up anything to get peace. We can't accept cities in peace.
We can’t complete Military Research Center until the appropriate age

Preturn: Looks good. I change one at 40 shields to build 1 turn defenders instead of 2 turn Cuirassear.
Trades:
Go ahead and trade Humanism for full price (7410) from Arabia.
Lowlands also has enough gold to pay full price (~3510)
Brazil has not met Arabia or Lowlands so pays 290 gpt and 1750 gold (should have done this deal before Lowlands (just in case) but missed it first time).
Some lesser deals including world maps

IBT: Arsenal Completes.

470 AD:
Move which city is building Defense to the west-most of the possible 1 turn cities. Will send them west instead of east for the newer cities not yet placed.

IBT: Peace between Lowlands and Arabia
Complete Playhouse. Supreme Court in 3.

480 AD: We have started moving on the USA but am also building the road so it is slow. Sent more workers to speed up.

Spent some cash on getting the Universities as we had over 21k.

IBT: Renew Silk deal.

490 AD: Outside US borders

IBT: Got the Bastion Fortifications and started explorer in 4 turns. No one has it.

500 AD: Declare war and kill an Elephant.

IBT: Lose the unit that killed the Elephant after defeating the first attack. Our main stack isn't attacked. They likely couldn't reach.
Build Supreme Court and Neuenstein
Dome of the Rock completed by Canada.

510 AD: Lose 3 Cuirassear dislodging Elephants and Trebuchet from the Mountains. Raze Atlanta.

IBT: America has no horses but does have Camels. They attack and nearly destroy the units to take Philadelphia. With us on the Mountains, losses on both sides are high.
Complete the Taj Mahal.

520 AD: We don't have enough defenders for the units coming at us (It is clear the US hasn't fought) and the terrain. Play defensively this turn. This includes planting a city to stop slow units from coming at us and to heal (barracks rushed of course). The position is close to the Pig I was aiming a city for but not the very best spot. We should be able to advance after healing brings our Cuirassear back into the game.

IBT: Defensive setup is not attacked. We lose one Cuirassear who took out a fast unit.
Brazil and Poles at war.
Zimbabwe completes Royal Tournament.

530 AD: Healing Turn for the most part.

540 AD: Advance on Philadelphia. Got a Leader killing units. Built Clock in nearby town.
Got Explorer and Start Absolutism.

IBT: No new US troops so the ones visible are the end of the rush.

550 AD: Able to take out both Philadelphia and the rest of the US troops with about 6 losses (kind-a bad luck vs the Muskets).

We met Britain and got more gpt.

Trading is very lucrative. We now have nearly 50k gold and over 2k gpt. I stand by my initial claim that Emperor is too easy for this variant. (Sorry I wasn't there to debate the point more when we started). Not that an easy game now and then is bad, however.

Notes:
We are building a lot more Cuirassear per turn now. We may want to send them both east and west as there are a lot heading east. We could consider both fronts until we get Rails.

Washington is the next city for the US. The US also sent a settler south so there is a new town (San Fran) on the coast south of Philadelphia's ruins.

Hopefully when we go for New York a Tardis unit won't show up and take out half our cities in the IBT. Those things treat all terrain as rails have high movement and HP and ridiculously high defense.

Here is the US position
LK171_AD460.png

Our map now is fairly complete of the land area including of civs not yet met.
LK171_AD550.png

Attachments

• LK171-550AD.SAV
    995.5 KB · Views: 6
Glad to see war with America in progress.

Got it

Hopefully when we go for New York a Tardis unit won't show up and take out half our cities in the IBT. Those things treat all terrain as rails have high movement and HP and ridiculously high defense.
:thumbsup: Nice start in exterminating and acquiring more territory.

With all the cash we have and the potential to trade for more (we are the tech leader) we should short rush all buildings that cost 60 shields or less.

Starting playing and part rushing stuff. I did wind up getting even more cash from the other civs. :crazyeye:

Last turn of the day teaser:

O beautiful for halcyon skies,
For amber waves of grain,
For purple mountain majesties
Above the enameled plain!
A Daleka, A Daleka!
Davros shed his grace on thee,
Till souls wax fair as earth and air
And music-hearted sea!

550 AD (0)
We have done an excellent job of draining AI cash. There is virtually nothing to grab.

There are a few civs on the islands. If we avoid hitting those islands, we won’t accidentally win by conquest.

I part rush some stuff. We are drowning in cash.
(IT) I killed a bucket. I lost a cuirassier. (1-1)

560 AD (1)
I ran down that camel that attacked us. (2-1)
Camel Killing Cuirassier arrived. Mechanical Planet gets a rushed observatory.

We have a nice cuirassier parade moving toward the USA.

Arabia suddenly has cash. I give them free artistry for $8467.
Brazil gets free artistry for $180 and $202/T.
For some reason I don’t want GPT from Israel just north of USA. :devil:
I use our WM to clear out the scraps of cash from everyone else. Arabia is the only civ with any cash left.

570 AD (2)
The assault on San Fransisco begins. I killed 1 pike, 1 musket and 1 crossbow. (5-1)
The city auto razed. I gained $7 and a worker that was inside the city.
(IT) The next tech is naval power. Our coastal cities will appreciate dockyards.
Our main attack unit is now the hussar.

580 AD (3)
Evil of the Daleks is founded to claim silver.
The horse parade will be making detours to upgrade to hussar.
Extermination Bend is working on the Great Palace.

The assault on Washington begins. I killed 4 muskets, 1 enslaver and 1 crossbow. I lost 3 cuirassiers. (11-4)
I gained $3, 8 workers and a supply shipment.

590 AD (4)
(IT) I kill something invisible by the Indo-China border.

600 AD (5)
I kill a wandering USA spear and crossbow. (13-4)

The assault on Boston begins. I kill 2 muskets and 1 crossbow. I lost 2 hussars. (16-6)
I gained $16 and 5 workers.

Curse of Davros was founded to claim spices.

610 AD (6)
The assault on New York begins. I kill 3 muskets. (19-6)
I gained $70 and 10 workers.

I captured a stray USA worker.
I killed an enslaver by Indochina.
(IT) The next tech is mercantilism to get East India company.
I zoom to the big picture to rush dockyards in our coastal cities. That uses up over 10K of cash. We still have 37K to work with.
The Great Lighthouse is obsolete.
The Great Palace is completed.

620 AD (7)
The assault on Chicago begins. I kill 2 pikes. (21-6)
I gained $14 and 4 workers.

The assault on Seattle begins. I kill 1 musket, 1 crossbow and 1 spear. (24-6)
I gained $43 and 1 worker.

USA has left the game. :dance: :dance: :dance:

I kill a hidden religious unit (probably Israel).

630 AD (8)
We inform Israel that they are scheduled for extermination.
(IT) Israel sends a bunch of troops out of Samara. My initial stack is going toward Haifa. :crazyeye:

640 AD (9)
Arabia suddenly has a large block of cash. We need to find the unknown civ giving them all that money. I gave them ballistics for mercantilism (saved 2 turns) and $5672. I then give them bastion fortifications for another $4602. I was debating if it was time to stop rushing stuff. :lol:

The next research project is fossil energy. It is time to find out if we have coal.
Medusa Cascade begins work on East India company.

650 AD (10)
New Skaro is founded.

The assault on Haifa begins. I kill 1 spear and 1 pike. (26-6)
I gained $7 and 9 workers.

Arabia once again has a ton of cash. I ship them absolutism for $6281 and $89/T.
Maghreb gets printing press for $51 and $45/T.
I pick up more scraps of cash for our map.

I kill Israel: 1 MDI, 1 crossbow, 1 bucket, 4 pikes, 1 archer and 1 foot night. I lost 4 cuirassiers. (35-10)

Summary:
A settler is approaching Israel territory. This is to build a city and get barracks closer to the front.

Thanks to the 2 new luxuries, and rushing some happy buildings, we are at 0% luxuries.

I can tell we have been razing like crazy. I’m running out of useful stuff for workers to do. I’m putting roads on every hex for max flexibility, and in case a future resource is there.
It is to the point they we may want to start fortifying them in the capitol until rails arrive.

I have 1 camel on auto move toward Turkey. Another is auto move toward Poland to get past them for contacts.
We need to start getting contact with missing civs.
There is at least one cash rich civ that I want to stop sending money to Arabia. I don’t want Arabia to have tech parity with us.

ROSTER:
LKendter
Elephantium (up)
Greebley (on deck)
Jersey Joe

We must raze all the cities. They can’t be captured for even 1 second.
No workers may upgrade to partisans as we don’t want non-Daleks in our army. If we create a foreign partisan, it must be disbanded ASAP.
We are defiant. We must refuse all demands. The superior Daleks will not be ordered by other civs.
We can’t give up anything to get peace. We can't accept cities in peace.
We can’t complete Military Research Center until the appropriate age.

Attachments

• LK171-650AD.SAV
    1 MB · Views: 3
I can tell we have been razing like crazy. I’m running out of useful stuff for workers to do. I’m putting roads on every hex for max flexibility, and in case a future resource is there.
It is to the point they we may want to start fortifying them in the capitol until rails arrive.
Maybe we should start dot mapping all the vacant territory North of us for potential build sites when we get motorized settlers and start roading to those sites. The dots should be about 8 tiles apart to allow for 3 ring expansion. I think we would have won last game several turns sooner had all of us built some "grab territory" towns. I believe Greebley built some towns like that, but I didn't build any.
Also, their are some luxury resources we could use (e.g. tobacco and tropical fruit).
I have 1 camel on auto move toward Turkey. Another is auto move toward Poland to get past them for contacts.
I started a camel going to make contact with Canada and Turkey and it never made contact. :sad: Maybe they should travel in pairs.

I think we would have won last game several turns sooner had all of us built some "grab territory" towns.

Since we must win by domination despite razing cities, this is a good idea. I don't think population will be a issue with all the razing, but territory will.

Top Bottom