EltNES: THIS World is Yours

Lord of Elves: you don't need to pay for "land" so I am transferring that to the unpaid-for "river" fetish you have going on there. Also, your island is not near a 'mainland' yet, so it will absorb whatever 'mainland's' climate approaches it.

Moldath: I know, I hate each and every one of them. (Just kidding. (Kind of.))

SouthernKing: Gotcha.

Update I:I

Spoiler map :

C6-D7 - In what we can only refer to as the center of the world, mediterranean climate seems the norm, as the cold arctic currents warm under the sun's rays, turning into great yearly rainfall seasons beyond the western mountains. The windbreak that the great peninsulas and mountains of the north provide are sure to create more ideal conditions for life in the south.

D8-E9 - Eastwards, more temperate hills turn to warmer mountains and the southern lands as the winds of the east bring rain to this region. Perhaps a new bastion of life, with a steady supply of grain for anyone roosting here.

I4 - In the southwest, mountains have arisen from some great force clashing with another, and result is a sub-tropical river flowing from some amazing geyser or fissure from the center of the earth, supplemented by seasonal rains.

K10 - In the far south of the world, an island paradise has formed of a long-dead volcano. The ash has proved fertile to many kinds of life, and even a unique breed of fresh-water dolphins can be found in the extinct Caldera of the volcano, on the western half of the island.

Spoiler OOC :
Mod's choice:
+1 point merciary.
+1 point General_Olaf.

Totals: (Includes the above additions)
6 points: Lord of Elves
5 points: Terrance888
5 points: Moldath
3 points: TerrisH
3 points: Boundless
3 points: SouthernKing
2 points: merciary
2 points: Eltain
2 points: General_Olaf

Moldath: I took a little liberty with your ocean and connected it to merciary's, is that alright?

Everyone:

1: if it's no trouble, include your total points when you give your spending from now on.

2: I may or may not keep the icons. [stolen from civ III] What do people think? They make it obvious what is where from afar, as it's not too easy to spot the 2x2 resource dots on a map so large. Once we have borders it may become easier.

3: I realized this before, but did not take action. 2 EP is not enough to do basically anything. Would players want 2 or 3 + 1d6 every turn? That way, a minimum of 3-4 is gathered every turn (enough for rivers, grain or hills, and enough for mountains or resources after 2)

4: Do not be afraid to interfere with other people. Yes, interfere. Or cooperate. Whatever. I won't be afraid when I get all my points together. Also save up and do cool stuff.

Next Update Saturday.

E4 will have water with Temperate Rainforest Climate. 4+1=5. No major resources except for the abundance of life and good, solid lumber. The Mountain range will continue a bit, and form the backbone/rainshadow which allows the growth of this prolific coastal region.

E9: add a river coming south starting at the mountains (just west of the centre) and turning slightly east a little before it hits the sea.

TerrisH: That's fine. I expected "pass" alot. See the OOC though for my thoughts on giving more points? Also, Coco could go under "flavor", really. So it could be free, just specifically mention it so I remember it.

Terrance: The mountains will wait until another person augments them. Otherwise, sounds good. Any particular shape for your coastal paradise?

General Olaf: So a nnw-ese flowing river, basically north of that grain there?

Mostly a 60 degree angle from the positive X axis. , with a sharp curve near the end. About 60% will be sea, although it will be dotted by (mountainous) islands and smaller peninsulas.

As for points, I prefer 2d4 or 1d6+X over 1d6 anyday. Although the idea of hoarding and oppertunism in creation could still be important, if that's something you want to express in the atmosphere.

Well later some of the cooler stuff is really expensive. Wonders, genocides, etc. Wonders will be a huge benefit in the actual NES. That I hope players will save up for, regardless of what cool other stuff they want to/could do NOW. Dice preference noted.

60 degrees angle from the positive x axis? There are a few ways that could be interpreted.. :0

General Olaf: So a nnw-ese flowing river, basically north of that grain there?
Yup. The last addition to 'my' tile.

And the Titan Moldath spoke:

"My Great Mountains are majestic in scale, and their crevaces, and their peaks, and their cliffs are all coarse, in the way all things natural should be!"

And then the titan beheld the coast line, for him, a short walk away and he was mad. And the titan spoke again:

"This coastline is an abombination of the world! I shall make this coastline as rough as all nature should be!"

The titan walked that short distance and, with his great mountainous hands, ripped at the earth, allowing the sea to fill up to the now-raggedy coastline. The titan beheld his work, and was pleased.

Change the flat coastline of E7-E8, to a more coarse, natural look, and extend the sea towards the river in the middle of E8 (the river would feed into the extended sea).

More or less form a rough triangle, with points at the south-west and south-east corners of the 'flat coastline', and the third point at the mouth of the river.

intial points: 5
water: -4
final points: 1

hmmm... it appears I continue to have the worst rolls possible :p
I'm going pass this turn unless you decide to alter the number of points we get which I'm in favor of. Love the map though that's basically what I thought of for my submission.

I am for giving everyone more points to play with. As creative as this process is, i'd rather get to the game!

Moldath: I took a little liberty with your ocean and connected it to merciary's, is that alright?

Everyone:

1: if it's no trouble, include your total points when you give your spending from now on.

2: I may or may not keep the icons. [stolen from civ III] What do people think? They make it obvious what is where from afar, as it's not too easy to spot the 2x2 resource dots on a map so large. Once we have borders it may become easier.

3: I realized this before, but did not take action. 2 EP is not enough to do basically anything. Would players want 2 or 3 + 1d6 every turn? That way, a minimum of 3-4 is gathered every turn (enough for rivers, grain or hills, and enough for mountains or resources after 2)

The ocean in that region is how I intended it to look!

The icons are fine, and I would suggest 4+1d4 points

General Olaf: Got it.

Moldath: Good, I'm glad. Thank you for the feedback.

Terrance: Well, it has been a while, but I shall do my very best1

merciary: Yeah, next turn. Good though, it's my favorite part of the map. Hence the +1 for you.

Boundless: I've decided on that, yeah. Git yo creation in!

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! Starting this coming update, everyone will receive 3+1d4 points. That's 4-7 each turn. For now, everyone has the points they have.

Once Southern King, Lord of Elves and Boundless post I can finish and post the map, pacing and dates be damned! I am unemployed, tarnation.

Boundless, you have 3 points to spend. You can place the river, or something else cheap besides mountains and ocean. I advise you to check the front page for a list of things you can purchase with 3 points. You'll receive more points next turn.

Also once again I would request that you use points and descriptions, not drawings.

Edit: For my orders, I will pass this turn as well. Bigger fish to fry later.

I'm sorry, the map is so big for my laptop screen, I can't see the coordinates without scrolling around.. its so much easier for me to open MSPaint. :/

Place the river then please.

Just zoom out with paint and see them, maybe? River it is.

Top Bottom