EltNES: THIS World is Yours

New rule additions, effective immediately, because I am tired of naming everything for Boundless.

Note: All payments must be in full, and you may not end your turn with a fraction. Additionally, if you do not name your settlements, they do not get placed.

Additionally, effective after the update:

1.5 point - add Town
5 points - Grow Town into City
7 points - Grow City into Large City/Capital

All: Once again, no revisions accepted.

General Olaf: I don't like BTs, but we'll see. 5 years might be growing on me.

Boundless: Who is narrating this? Also, unless you name your settlements, those points will get banked. Images displease the mod.

merciary: the Krutarg are already in E9, so I'll bank those points? Save up and build a wonder or SOMETHING GAOSH.

nutranurse: We have not had enough players vote for or against it to move on, so we are not.

Alright I wasn't sure if they were there or not, I'll bank the ten for now. I just need to think of something to do...

Boundless, why wouldn't you include your points total? Come on.

As per our IM conversation, bank everything.

Update II:VI
or Update 17​

Link to ze map
Spoiler :

Wonder Alert: D3 - Garlino: The Great Bridge of Gartino, which spans a mile across the whitewater Gartino river, connects the city of Garlino to its second half, Garlinones. This has spurred further interaction between the distant halves. They will indeed rise and fall together.

Wonder Alert: - D5-E7 - Obayonid City States: The Obay Wall stretches thousands of miles across the Iril Mountains, from the Peaks of the Sun near Dasteah, all the way to the great Spine Mountains west of the Arhkass. It was built by the great Obayonid Emperor Seid III from his seat in Mayal to keep the Eddarians from the Teined river valley and the cradle of civilization. It would take a massive invasion force indeed to penetrate the wall, and an even more huge one to fully conquer it.

E5-F6 - Eddarian Coast - The Lavrans, finding nice trading partners in the somewhat tricksy (and usually violent) Eddarians, have settled several small trading way-points along the Eddarian coast. Contact has been made with the distant hegemonic Umiritsine League, bringing Umiritsine and Aodaran trade goods as far as the Horkin tribes, the Kaul and the southern Issith, and vice versa.

F7 - The Issith Valley? - Fed up with Gurkish raids and the Veskans' presumptuous capture of Fort Forista, the Issith of Nolkis-na-Taren have sent raids across the Toravopes river, hitting the town of Veskopes and the farming villages surrounding. The result has been less than fruitful, but Veskopes no longer control the aforementioned fort; a Gurkish party, eager for plunder, had also been planning something, and took their chance when they could, capturing the Fort back.

E8 - Just north, beyond the Gurkish Plateau, more plans are made. Tired of being destroyed every time they attempt a raid past the accursed Fort Forista (now in their control, however), the Gurks have tried a different heading: North, towards the Irilenes. Cutting through farmlands and fording across a great river, they come upon the town of Cairnis, ripe for the plucking, falling upon it like flies to a fish. [2 points General Olaf>Terrance888]

E7 - Perhaps spurred from the mountains by the Obay Wall, or perhaps by the Gurks' advances on the Irilenes, the Kenefah have descended upon the Teiden Valley, burning as they go. They follow the religion of Firism, the tenets of which state that the Mistress of Fire will consume all, and that all must bow to her as she rides across the sky each day. Many have called this an off-shoot of Teinism, though just as many say not. It has spread as far as Tolindanas in the south, but it has also brought Teinism with it.

F9 - The city of Zanomar has developped one of the perhaps most delicate, but also most interesting political structures; it was once an Issith town, carved deep in the rocks of an island at the mouth of the [BToravopes[/B] river, until Swiech settlers discovered the site and deemed it verily worthy of settlement. They tunneled their cramped warrens above, below and all around the Issith village until it was lost in the sprawl. Two rickety stone bridges constructed by human entrepreneurs cross the River above, while countless tunnels far below the water line serve as exits for the great city. Far below, where the waterfall thunders down into the Zanomar Bay, rudimentary Docks have been carved into the stone for ships to dock at the huge subterranean city, with stairs carved into the walls leading to the surface if you prefer that to the dark, dank, dangerous tunnels of the city of Zanomar.

North, along the cliffs, the town of Ganamir trades for wheat from Ranir. far along the coast in the north, with mainly the sole purpose of selling it to the burgeoning city of Zanomar. Ancient, rickety wooden stairs anchored to the cliff-face lead down to the water line, where a small dock acts as the port for the town. Any seaward assaults on the town would definitely prove disastrous.

South across the bay, the human town of Danaropes, occupied for the last few centuries by Issith warlords, likewise imports fish from the far-off Samaki to feed the bustling metropolis that Zanomar has quickly become. Caverns carved by Issith miners at the water level act as a fairly well-fortified dockspace, where traders and merchants bring their fishy goods.

Krutargga - Hearing of the benefits had by the Krutarg of Shu-Taarg, easier time raiding, a good, central place to store humans for future consumption, both Ogres in the west and the Krutarg in the east have taken to settling into small villages from which they would raid the countryside. Depending on your point of view, the Krutarg of Swi-Woh either have it very good, or very hard. Food is plentiful but so are the soldiers of the Quatriut, more specifically the city of Usial. The Sephirean city of Ranir has also become a problem to the local Krutarg population.

E6-F9 - between the Issith or Toravopes Valley, and the Teiden Valley. A new colony-type creature, apparently sentient and aware of its surroundings, has appeared. The Kintara, a plant-like creature which eats anything that moves.

E9-E11 - The Tempest Coast - Much like the Lavrans in the far corners of the world, the Quatriut people are merchants, explorers, traders by nature. Their ships have reached as far as the Horkin tribes in the far south, and by proxy goods from as far away as the distant Sunset League on the opposite end of the world. Massive amounts of food are required to be imported from the Swiech Warren-Isles of the Tempest Sea, and the Sephirean towns of Ranir and Parin in the west, which is quickly becoming a megalopolis, built off of trade. [+size to Ranir+Dhahabu Samaki due to massive agricultural export to multiple cradles.]

Much tension exists between the cities of Usial, Dona, Trensor on the Widewater, and Quarsi. Competition for the import of food has lead to much of this, but regular stresses that comes from competing merchantry has done nothing good for this situation. The cities have warred on countless occasions, and they have all been besieged at various points, but never have any gone so far as to sack the other cities. Wengi, or the Swiech worship of metals of divine origin, has major sway over the Quatriut cities.

H5 - The Lavran city of Kalafereki hosted a small force of various Lavran armies dedicate (to wage?) to securing their interests on the south coast. Countless raids had gone from Djui-Na-Hamdan against the Lavran towns of Tonadaki in the east, and Lekika in the west. Fed up with this, the host marched, and kidnapped the Queen of Djui-Na-Hamdan. Her palace is currently held hostage, and distorted normalcy has continued in the city, however the Issith have begun raiding those that would oppose the Lavran expansion now.

H8 - A combination of Horkin and Lavran settlers have taken advantage of the as-yet unnamed river, and coalesced into the city of Hiruma.

K6 - Not long before the Lavran party attacked the city, an Issith Queen was sent south from Djui-na-Hamdan. The news reached the Queen in waves, and she fled even farther south than even she expected to. Thus, Neh'shu was founded.

Spoiler OOC :

Mod's choice:
+4 Terrance888
+4 Gem Hound
-2 General Olaf
-2 General Olaf

Totals: (Includes all above additions.)

37 points: Lor of Elves (no orders 1)
37 points: nutranurse (no orers 2)
28 points: Boundless (no orders 1)
22 points: merciary
17 points: Terrance888 (no orders 1)
10 points: TerrisH
10 points: Gem Hound
3 points: General Olaf
5 points: Eltain

OOCs:

OOC: I am wondering if I have to set an exact scale for the map. Thoughts?

Boundless: Although it seems like that was a wasted 8 points, when we get to the eventual game itself, you will know that it has not been wasted.

From now on, two standard messeges I give each turn, which are basically rules:

1: If you do not name settlement you place within a turn of placing them, I either A: give the priviledge of doing so away to someone I think appropriate, or B: name them myself.

2: To encourage selfless world-building, each time you add to an area that is not considered (by me) to be 'yours', you get +1 point. You can add to elsewhere at the same time as adding to 'yours', and you will still get the point. This also to discourage some people who have added to their own area far too much for my own liking

Order Cutoff Friday, Next Update Sunday

10 Points total

5 Points -> Grow Trademeet into a city
4 Points -> Add a fort in Kenefah territory named Fort Khenesa. This fort is in the hills and is essentially used as a capital for the Kenefah.
1 Point -> Kenefah raid Mayal countryside

37 points

BANK ALL OF IT.

3 points :(

3 points: towns.
F9, nothern coast of the small bay: Ilias
L1, the island just north of Kykkor: Koena

Gem Hound: Damn you. Mayal will go to great lengths once more it seems. And yes, that looks oddly like our continent.. I wonder if players have conspired against me in some way.

nutranurse: DRUM ROLL PLEASE.

Terrance: I knew you'd appreciate it. :)

General Olaf: There's already a town there that I forgot to put on the map. Do you still want it there?

There's already a town there that I forgot to put on the map.

F9 or L1?

TerrisH: If you wish it to be so, then it shall be. The Gartino is -almost- not crossable by ferry; it is very fast and very deep, because of the massive amounts of water collecte by the various 'tinos. The mouth may be (very?) wide, but it would also be very deep.

General Olaf: F9. 3, in fact. Zanomar, Ganamir, etc.

Issith, Montholin, Lycalidk, Symphok, Swiech, Kintara, Men of the Ice .. am I missing any barbaric races?

GURKS!
4-Invasion
4-Barbaric Migration
4- Capture Settlement
1-Raid southward

The Gurk tribes (Are they humans or Desert Issith... I forgot) saw new opportunies everywhere. To the south, Fort Forista is now controlled by the so called High King of the Sands, and to the north, the still undefended lands are ripe for the taking.
The High King of the Sands has given his orders- All of Gurkdom is to move north, to conquer and to enslave, to rule and to fight, to hear the lamentation of their women and the death-gurgles of their men.

To ruin an empire.

So that when they, bloodied after their victory, he can himself can destroy his weakened enemies and rule over all that remains.

Gurks are humans. I really felt your Shakespearean training from that performance, Terrance.

No moon, no stars

The black of night beat down upon the crowd, mocked by the dancing firelight. Karo lead the tribe now. He beat his scarred chest with one arm and held his warmask with the other. In truth he would not be the one to lead the tribe to war unless elected, but it was customary that the chief have a warmask to boast to outriders. He had challenged Kol Kaladar the One-eyed, the Old Bear, He who Lead, and won. The grizzled warrior had chosen a shortspear, and so had Karo. They leveled their weapons as the people chanted their songs, eager for blood. Stab, parry, stab, brushed aside, stab, a missed opportunity; stab, and Karo had closed, driving his spear under the arm of Kaladar. Kaladar yielded; he fell, bleeding. One more scar to add to hundreds, more than not he had gained after birth for himself. He was an old warrior, still strong.

Nothing to see things by

Kaladar still lived. No doubt, he did. He was Kol Karo's second in command, as-yet unmatched by any warrior brave enough to stand against him. He was a master of the fight, lest only the Arch contests rarely had. Karo had narrowly beat him, but he knew his place. A usurper may only come from without. Karo was safe, at least from Kaladar.

No wind, no clouds

He donned the warmask slowly. Darkness descended upon him save for narrow slits for eyes. He would grow accumstomed to them, in time. He drove the shaft of his spear into the moist, black earth. The dried blood had been stained in, lacquered over with some magics or tree sap he did not know the workings of. The men gathered behind his back. The Spokescouncil had elected a Clansmen from far north, beyond even Moak, where the ice clung to the world after the winters.

Nothing to catch the eye

A chill wind from the north buffeted the gathered crowd. Passers-by would say it was a sign, but the strong winds always came from the north here. Aerik, he was called. Aerik the Red, He who had slain the Makani clan by himself. So it was said. He was to lead the Tribe far south, beyond the great southern river, against the weak traders. This rat of a man (almost wholly Swiech in appearance, though not a drop of Swiech blood was in him) was a warrior, and cunning, too. So it was said. They marched at sunrise.

Stillness, Darkness

Fear.

General Olaf: F9. 3, in fact. Zanomar, Ganamir, etc
Move it to the peninsula on the B1-C1 border, then. Same name.

Top Bottom