EltNES: THIS World is Yours

12/15/15 onward: NOTHING YOU GUYS

12/27/12

Worked on update 0. All of Barasia/lower Arda done. Umiritsine Isles next, then Arda, then Shakar, which shouldn't take long. Map as I go.

12/28/12

Personal racial notes. Updated Krutargg, Swiech, Mahaki information. Found picture for Update 0.

12/30/12

worked on personal racial notes. Umiritsine leadership now known as Ghul/Ghael, which rule Ghulrates. Tors rule Krutargg Torhors, Swiech Baharo/Bahar'e rule Bahars, etc.

12/31/12

Worked on Umiritsine portion of Update 0. Added mountain and river names to the map.

To do: Lavrani > Shakar > Arda. Stats. Finish encylopedia entries on all races. Finish mini-game.

This post will be linked on the front page and edited as I do stuff. If anyone cares to be updated on any progress, this is how it will be done.

Wut?

3/5 orders received.

The Sweich of Dhah Mbel'ya peer cautiously outside, on the top surface of the great falls. It had taken them much digging to reach this area, and they watched with wonder as they scouted the area.

The growing Zanomar Manor was a sight to behold, as is the massive grain barges docking at its riverports. However, a different mound interested them more. Ratville they clicked to each other, clutching their short spears and spades tighter in their grip. Further to a north, they fought off an Issith hunting band who happened upon their scouting group, confirming their fears.

Returning to their guardrooms, the sweich plotted and planned. Trade might be possible, especially with the growing and critical shortage of fish. But is it safe enough? And won't carrying their carved goods all the way up the Ratway be tiresome? Prehaps... perhaps they can build a new community near the surface, one which will control the trade from their brothers below.

Perhaps they should separate entirely and keep all the riches from such trade for themselves. The Sweich plotted further, their beedy eyes bright as earth's darkness fell upon them as they returned home.

28 EP (10+4 from Terrance+ 12 from Gem Hound)

And to steal vehemently from merciary..

25 EP: Levels 2-3: Collosus of Zanomar. A giant fricking statue depicting a Swiech, with giant chests of gold and riches at his feet. It is carved into the great pillars of stone jutting from Zanomar Bay and has a small entrance leading down into the Swiech tunnels below. It is truly great to behold, and attracts merchants like no one's business. It also has a large flame tended by the pious of Dhah Mbel'ya burning at all times in the Swiech's eyes.

3 EP: Bank this. CAUSE WHY NOT.

4/5 orders received.

How embarassing. I meant to edit this in here.

Well so much for my plan :p

Bank 5 EP

You snooze, you lose. Not like you had enough EPs for it anyway :D

M1: Zanomar's Origins: Update 7.

Underdark

If surface inhabitants weren't aware of the Swiech of Dhah Mbel'ya, they sure are now. The Collosus of Zanomar, as it is coloquially known (although its actual name is nTaja na doto Mbel'ya nKari), rises above Zanomar Bay from one of the massive stalagmites that dot the northern shore.

Overworld

Mixed blessings have descended upon Zanomar. Apparently an offshoot of Ratville seem to hae constructed a massive harbor at the base of Shipwreck Falls and a massive stone statue, attracting merchants from the ends of the Erth. Trade goods are flowing up and down the cliff face and through Zanomar, making it the premier trading spot of the entire Toravopes valley.

This has also attracted another type of attention, however, as raiding parties of what seem to be rock giants have hit the town hard and fast. Many Gurkish peasants were able to cross the Toravoes and settle shanty towns around the protective town, creating a massive poor district. Many more were eaten or apparently sold to the local Issith den.

Map.
Link.

Legend:

Spoiler :
level-zone
-subsequent rooms, descriptions

2A: Zapha-nav
-1: Issith Large Den Room, starcase heading up to the surface and down to 3A-1; main entry way for town of Zapha-nav
-2: Issith Barracks
-3: Issith Temple Room; hidden food chambers, hidden entry-way to Den Mother's quarters on the Under Isle.
-4: Issith Throne Room; secret caches of food, staircase leading up. Seat of power for Issith Den Mother.

2B: Ratville
-1: Swiech Guard Room, staircase heading up to surface and down to 3B-1; main entrance for Warren of Ratville.
-2: Abandoned Issith Guard Room, occupied by Swiech.
-3: Swiech Guard Room.

2C: Dhah-Mbel'ya
-1: Swiech Guard Room. Staircase heading down to 3C-2.
-2: Swiech Guard Room. Staircase heading up to the surface. Main surface entrance to the Warren of Dhah-Mbel'ya.

3A: Zapha-Nav
-1: Issith Den Complex, staircase heading up into 2A-1.
-2: Issith Large Den Room, connected food storage.
-3: Issith Barracks.
-4: Issith Temple.

3B: Ratville
-1: Swiech Den Complex, staircase heading up to 2B-1, hidden food chambers.
-2: Swiech Large Den Room/Swiech Guard Room, has become a gathering place.
-3: Wengi Grand Temple Room.

3C: Dhah-Mbel'ya
-1: Swiech Guard Room. Staircase heading down to 4A-2.
-2: Swiech Guard Room. Staircase heading up to 2C-1.

4A Dhah-Mbel'ya
-1: Swiech Guard Room. Staircase heading down to 5A-4, arrow/projectile slits carved into pillar walls, giving defenders a good shot at hostile ships in the protected harbor below.
-2: Swiech Guard Room. Staircase heading up to 3C-1.

5A: Dhah-Mbel'ya
-1: Swiech Den Complex, staircase heading down to 6A-2, has several hidden food chambers off of it.
-2: Swiech Large Den Room, has become the 'warren center', hidden food chambers.
-3: Swiech Guard Room. Staircase heading up to 4B-1.
-4: Swiech Guard Room. Staircase heading down to 6A-5 and up to 4A-1.

6A: Dhah-Mbel'ya
-1: Swiech Guard Room; main entry way and docks for the warren of Dhah-Mbel'ya.
-2: Swiech Guard Room, staircase heading up to 5A-1.
-4: Swiech Guard Room.
-5: Swiech Den Complex. Staircase heading up to 5A-4, and also down to 7A-1, fishing and trade center of Dhah-Mbel-ya.

7A:
-1: Swiech Guard Room and food storage: Staircase heading up to 6A-5, has become over-crowded, crime-ridden immigrant center.

+5 Swiech Bucks for everyone! Truly the Swiech people are the greatest in the land, for their monuments are bigger than everyone else's. These points can only be spent on Swiech constructions, and the rules regarding only Swiech OR Issith do not apply to Swiech Bucks.

Terrence: 1+4 (+5 Swiech Bucks)
Optical: 18+4 (+5 Swiech Bucks)
Gem Hound: 5 (+5 Swiech Bucks)
merciary: 5+1 (+5 Swiech Bucks)

Eltain: 4+3 (No Swiech Bucks for Eltain :'()

Orders due Tuesday 1/15/13.

7 EP

1 EP - Issith connecting tunnels. Connect the tunnels coming off of 2A-2 with 2B-3. Issith warriors swarm through, first conquering the eastern barracks (and having miners re-dig the collapsed tunnels, giving another entrance point to the maze) and then head west to conquer the entrance to the surface. Hold the Swiech hostage until the Zanomarans give a thousand fresh babies. Humans suck at fighting underground (due to lack of experience) and Swiech are small and weak, and Ratville itself is rather small. Where's the risk?

5 EP - Issith Large Den Room. After all that is done, begin construction of a new center for breeding, feeding, etc, north of 2B-2. Another tunnel shall launch off of this room and connect to the abandoned maze-tunnel things in the west.

1 EP - Bank like a ser.

1/5 orders received.

1 Eltain (Gratitude) Point (EP? Does that make me conceited?) to anyone who can make a nice banner for the NES.

Did you want the Den Room off of 2C-2? (Heading down From S2 To S3?)

4/5 orders received (more than I actually had thought) including General Olaf's "bank while I'm on vacation" or whatever, with Tuesday as the deadline.

Level 7A:
3 Swiech Den Complexes surrounding the large main one; 9 points
A Swiech Guard Room off of the staircase; 2 points

A brief overview of Arkhassi polytheism

Arkhassi religion revolves around the worship of the three idle Fathers, who deign to spare the world if they are adored. Arkhassi worship rituals include sacrificing virgin animals, usually livestock, often chickens.

Indarai, father of heaven

It is said that Indarai gave birth to the universe, and is the patron of water and birthing. He is the eldest of the Fathers.

Samhuse, father of invention

It is said that Samhuse tricked Indarai, his elder, into making the universe mostly water, so that he could create dry land. He is the patron of agriculture and earthly possessions, and is the most worshipped of the Fathers.

Andarev, father of love

He is called Andarev the Matchmaker. He is the youngest and most loved of the Fathers. He is adored by crones, newly weds and young maids. He has also been depicted with a powerful figure. He is the patron love and art, traits distinct to intelligent creatures.

M1: Zanomar's Origins: Update 8.

Underdark

Dhah-Mbel'ya booms as news of a mainland Swiech colony, especially one so well-off as Mbel'ya, reaches the Warren Isles, the Swiech homeland in the east. The Ratway has storage and vending facilities carved into the sides as human and even a few Krutargg merchants establish an independant trading post above it, and downtown Mbel'ya booms.

Meanwhile, far below nTaja na doto Mbel'ya nKari, or the Collosus of Zanomar, the immigrant hub of Mbel'ya explodes in violence as the water level rises slightly, partially submerging the "tent city" a it were. After the waters recede, parts of the abandoned western tunnels are converted into a prison, or even a penal colony of some sort, where the worst scum of the Swiech are cast.

Overworld

Becoming the trading capital of the known world has its advantages. Several rather ambitious projects are begun in Zanomar, and some even finished: The only bridge crossing the Toravopes for forty miles in any of 1 possible directions oh snap, as well as continuing construction of the city walls, in addition to a new set of walls, primarily for protecting the foot crossing, outside the walls. The Lord of Zanomar anticipates encompassing the bridge in such fortifications will give him complete control over who crosses the river, and who doesn't.

However, Zanomar has made some new enemies. Never considering the Swiech of Ratville (or even Mbel'ya now) a real threat, no real defensive measures were taken, or even looked into. With an apparent breach of Ratville by an unknown quantity of Issith, panicked citizens of Zanomar have fled the immediate vicinity, instead prefering to lodge across the river or outside the walls.

With Krutargg raids halting for the moment, external threats seem few.

Map.
Link.

Legend:

Spoiler :
level-zone
-subsequent rooms, descriptions

2A: Zapha-nav
-1: Issith Large Den Room, starcase heading up to the surface and down to 3A-1; main entry way for town of Zapha-nav
-2: Issith Barracks
-3: Issith Temple Room; hidden food chambers, hidden entry-way to Den Mother's quarters on the Under Isle.
-4: Issith Throne Room; secret caches of food, staircase leading up. Seat of power for Issith Den Mother.

2B: Ratville in name only.
-1: Swiech Guard Room, staircase heading up to surface and down to 3B-1; main entrance for Warren of Ratville.
-2: Issith Guard Room.
-4: Issith Guard Room.

2C: Dhah-Mbel'ya
-1: Swiech Guard Room. Staircase heading down to 3C-2.
-2: Swiech Guard Room. Staircase heading up to the surface. Main surface entrance and back door to the Warren of Dhah-Mbel'ya.
-3: Swiech Large Den Room.

3A: Zapha-Nav
-1: Issith Den Complex, staircase heading up into 2A-1.
-2: Issith Large Den Room, connected food storage.
-3: Issith Barracks.
-4: Issith Temple.

3B: Ratville
-1: Swiech Den Complex, staircase heading up to 2B-1, hidden food chambers.
-2: Swiech Large Den Room/Swiech Guard Room, has become a gathering place.
-3: Wengi Grand Temple Room.

3C: Dhah-Mbel'ya
-1: Swiech Guard Room. Staircase heading down to 4A-2.
-2: Swiech Guard Room. Staircase heading up to 2C-1.

4A Dhah-Mbel'ya
-1: Swiech Guard Room. Staircase heading down to 5A-4, arrow/projectile slits carved into pillar walls, giving defenders a good shot at hostile ships in the protected harbor below.
-2: Swiech Guard Room. Staircase heading up to 3C-1.

5A: Dhah-Mbel'ya
-1: Swiech Den Complex, staircase heading down to 6A-2, has several hidden food chambers off of it.
-2: Swiech Large Den Room. has become the 'warren center', hidden food chambers.
-3: Swiech Guard Room. Staircase heading up to 4B-1.
-4: Swiech Guard Room. Staircase heading down to 6A-5 and up to 4A-1.

6A: Dhah-Mbel'ya
-1: Swiech Guard Room; main entry way and docks for the warren of Dhah-Mbel'ya.
-2: Swiech Guard Room, staircase heading up to 5A-1.
-4: Swiech Guard Room.
-5: Swiech Den Complex. Staircase heading up to 5A-4, and also down to 7A-1, fishing and trade center of Dhah-Mbel-ya.

7A:
-1: Swiech Guard Room and food storage: Staircase heading up to 6A-5, has become over-crowded, crime-ridden immigrant center. Low-income population center.
-2: Swiech Guard Room. Prison/penal colony. Un-explored depths of caverns beyond. Artificially flooded moat.

M1: Zanomar's Origins: Update 9.

Roughly 300 years before the start of the NES proper...

A great storm has swept across the Mashariki sea, snuffing out life in the Warren Islands and nearly destroying the Quatriut civilization. Life in the Toravopes valley is largely unaffected, with the exception of the main coastal city, Zanomar[/B]. The old rulers have been cast aside or killed, and a new guard has arisen.

Will you be part of that guard?

Map.
Link.

Okay. That is it for the previous portion of the minigame, as I am rather pleased with the setup of the cities at the moment. I would refer you to the first page for rules regarding phase 2 of the minigame. I will post them here as well for ease of access, for those of us inclined to laze. [me?]

"Construction" phase EP have been banked for later use in future minigames. The following players have banked points for other minigames, giving them either 1 bonus of their choice [within reason[godmod]] or the banked EP itself at the beginning of the next game.

Terrance: 4 EP.

That is it I think. So yeah.

Spoiler :
Minigame 1: Zanomar's origins

Spoiler Map turn 0 :

Spoiler PHASE 1 :
Rules:

1.1: I have pre-planned natural caverns and events. You will be given no warning and no knowledge of them until they are discovered or happen.

1.2: Each player will receive 2 + 1d6 EP every turn. The mod receives 4 EP per turn.

1.3: During a turn, a player may only build either Issith -or- Swiech constructions, but may change the next turn. The mod is exempt from this rule.

1.4: At a TBD turn, we will transition to phase 2 of the minigame.

1.5: Fractions may not be banked. Any unused fractions will be spent willy nilly by me to fill out your orders or forefeit.

Turn 1 specific rules:

2.1 player will be chosen by popular vote to plan the original Issith settlement. You cannot vote for yourself, and the mod will not vote except as a tie breaker.

2.1.1-The chosen player will be given 25 EP and can only spend it on Issith items.

2.1.2-The settlement must be on the second level, and have at least one staircase.

2.2: At the end of turn 1, EP will be given to players via RNG.

Turn 2 specific rules:

3.1: Swiech constructions become available.

3.2: To simulate mass immigration, I request that you build Swiech constructions.
Spoiler PHASE 2 :
Rules:

1: Players will declare themselves as either Human (pick any applicable you like), Issith, Swiech or Krutargg factions. They will be given appropriate starting funds and units, TBD by me, privately. No going back, period.

2: They will provide faction names and "basic gyst" stories. "This group of people want this monarch or this to happen".

3: Each player will have "population" units from which they derive income, and "soldier" units which will defend the population. Wacky hijynx ensue as the players fight for supremacy. Form alliances, draw income from portages both above and below the falls, control the "farming zones", industry, population, exact vengeance, have fun.

PRICES GUYS

Spoiler PHASE 1 :
Constructions:

Issith:
Issith Temple Room: 4 EP
Issith Large Den Room: 5 EP
Issith Barracks: 5
Issith Den Complex: 3 EP
Issith Food Storage: 0.3 EP
Issith Connecting Tunnel: 0.5 EP
Issith Sun Rock: 2 EP
Issith Other

Swiech:
Wengi Grand Temple Room: 10 EP
Swiech Large Den Room: 5 EP
Swiech Guard Room: 2
Swiech Den Complex: 3 EP
Swiech Food Storage: 0.2 EP
Swiech Connecting Tunnel: 0.5 EP
Swiech Other

Staircase: 1 point. (connects 2 levels. requires pre-existing construction on both.)
Spoiler PHASE 2 :
Phase 1 constructions are still possible in phase 2, but cost three times as much as normal.

Units:

Swiech soldiers: o.5 EP
Issith soldiers: 1 EP
"Human" soldiers: 1 EP
Krutargg soldiers: 3 EP

So with that, create/claim a faction, and give me a "room" you want to start in or above-ground "building". Any of those listed above, in the "legend" or on the map. I will create NPCs after a few factions arise, though I want players to maul eachother, so we'll see.

As you create your faction, I will vm/pm/post your 'stats-lite', from which you can give me orders.

Another semi-rule: new factions will rarely appear after update "10", so this is going to be a slug-out death match between the players, or something. probably.

I should note, Krutargg or Gurkish factions don't require starting rooms or buildings.

Edit: I should also note, new players can join and create a faction whenever.

Top Bottom