RANDOM RAVES XXVIII: Death by Snu Snu

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you define success in this case? Did they lower/abolish bus fare as a result? (I am just curious)

We lowered it so that it's at the level it was before the latest series of raises, but there's still protests planned to stop corruption (especially with making sure the 37th Amendment - Which makes it so that only the police has the power of investigation against politicians - doesn't pass), as well as further reducing the bus prices (hopefully down to R$ 1!)

I've found happiness in reading several awesome fanfics of late :)

Also, I :love: Spotify

Awww yeah, it's that time of year again: NFL PLAYER PORTRAITS!

Link to video.

Kudos Mr. westindiaman!

Rave: mini-holidays, a pre-tasting of actual holidays to come next month.

Guys, did you know that if you have a panic attack at the dentist, they just give you laughing gas?

Best dentist appointment ever.
If you know you are probably going to have issues beforehand (and have a ride), many dentists offer conscious anesthesia treatments. You are technically awake but zonked out and you won't remember much.

So your dentist just gave you a huge-ass whippet?

Not to completely derail the thread, but if Brazilian public services are suffering from a lack of funds, how does preventing them from increasing their revenue stream resolve the issue?
(NOTE: I'm operating under the assumption the new price is still low enough for it to be an effective means of mass transit.)

The argument is that instead of building new stadia the money could be used to fill potholes in roads, pay state employees such as doctors and teachers, etc.

If corruption or ineptitude are the likely cause of lack of funds I can see attempting to refuse more money for the bonfire.

Scored major brownie points today. :D

My wife has mentioned several times over the years how much she loved the 90's version of Frogger that came out on PC and PS1. I bought the game as a small gift for our anniversary this past week with the intent to give it to her Sunday. I realized today that since I've been secluded in the office working on her major gift (and she'd been complaining of getting stir crazy since she's off of work for the summer) that I should give it to her early so she can have some fun.

I did and it was a hit!

I HAVE VEGEMITE!!! And other thingies that I am not sure of yet. Mowing and the post lady pulls up and gets out with a package and starts walking towards me and I stop the mower and yell, "Is that from Australia?!" She says yes. WOO! Not opening it JUST yet because I must finish mowing and it's already humid and getting hot and I'll use any excuse to stop mowing for the day, so must not open until done mowing...

(Holy Moses, though, RLF, that postage... I feel guilty now :( ESPECIALLY since you apparently paid air mail and they clearly screwed you and sent it on the SS Minnow)

Zelda games, becoming an underworld undead overlord, and causing a new ice age to arrive next month IRL. Now that is a good dream. :D

Best REM sleep dream I've had in literally years. :)

First paycheck :woohoo:

Looks like folding t-shirts is going to pay off.

Congratz. I wish I could ever see one before 25. Which is kind of an utopic thing in a country with over 50% of youth unemployment.

Well this is oddly on topic. I started my first yesterday! I think it's gonna be fun. I'm getting minimum wage (surprising nowadays; most food places pay below $7.25 and assume tips will make up the gap) and the owners are both super chill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom