Snakes & Foxes 3: The ****oo's Nest (Game Thread)

All right, if the Illusionist wishes to fight me, then so be it.
I will accpet the Illusionist's challenge!

1 gold on the Dragonslayer, please
I'd also like to change my votes again (sorry niklas). This time the Eidolon will fight someone other than the Brujah

{ OOC: Deadline is here. LightFang is not. Update will hopefully arrive shortly. }

Hmmm so when the Brujah is to fight, the Illusionist protects him from the slaughter? Why is this Illusionist? Hopinig to save your Mark friend from my blade!? Not a chance! After I'm finished with you, he will be next...:evil:

If that was the case then why did I challenge my "Mark Friend" to a fight?:p If you hadn't butted in I would have fought him too...

Evening, Day 14

The Dragonslayer took the stage again, in all his splendor. There wasn’t much new about him, except that he had sharpened his sword in the meantime and cleaned all the stains out. It positively shone in the sun. He swung it a few times, relishing the nice swish it made in the air as it sliced. He was definitely ready in the same way that the Divided Soul wasn’t.

He dragged his feet out onto the arena. Bandages swathed his head where the mine from his previous fight had struck him and he looked dazed. He rotated his shoulders and very audible pops were heard by all. Grimacing, he nonetheless crouched in a ready position in preparation for the battle.

The Dragonslayer, wielding his massive sword in one hand, snapped a finger, and reality shifted. They were standing on a Grigori plain. Sparse grass grew from the ground and a light wind blew. The sun beat down mercilessly. There was nowhere to run and nowhere to hide.

The Divided Soul sent his soul charging forward, immediately, as the Dragonslayer beat the grass down with his feet towards his opponent. The soul nicely sidestepped the rushing Dragonslayer. Right when he was behind his opponent, the Divided Soul’s body teleported in, withdrew a knife, spun, and slashed horizontally in a smooth motion, pivoting on his right foot. It was a very graceful attack that was completely wasted because the Dragonslayer hadn’t actually been there. His ring sparkled in the sun as the real Dragonslayer was found to be standing behind the Divided Soul, lifting his sword up in the air. Unfortunately, the Divided Soul was smart enough to go for a choke hold immediately with one hand while swiftly removing another knife from his arsenal and sticking it in the Dragonslayer’s gut. The knife was laced with potent chemicals, and a green tint on the knife confirmed the Dragonslayer’s suspicions. Luckily, the Divided Soul was rather weaker than a typical dragon and the Dragonslayer wrenched his opponent’s arm throwing him away like a ragdoll. The man tumbled in the air and suddenly disappeared.

Checking his wound, the Dragonslayer determined that it wasn’t too deep and that he would be fine. Stupid joints in his armor. He then bent his knees slightly, remaining alert, with his two hands still on his sword. There, behind him! Whirling around, he almost decapitated the Divided Soul, who wisely took a step back. He didn’t have time to do much else though, because the Dragonslayer simply transitioned right into a thrust, which gored a hole right through the Divided Soul’s shoulder. The Dragonslayer then simply flicked the sword up in the air, sending bursts of blood flying everywhere, glistening in the oppressive heat. The Divided Soul staggered back, clutching his wounded shoulder – it looked like that arm wasn’t going to be used much after this fight. Not even his natural healing abilities was going to close that wound up.

Angered, the Divided Soul rallied his strength one last time. He took out another knife, the twin to the one he had at first, making two. He held them both down low, like swords, and slowly walked towards the Dragonslayer, who recognized the signs of a trapped animal when he saw it. Better to give him space, so he wouldn’t fight too desperately, so he just waited for the Divided Soul to attack him on his own terms.

Suddenly, his oxygen supply had become cut off. The Soul had stealthily sent his soul ahead to choke the Dragonslayer. His slow walk became a frantic run, as he knew that his soul wouldn’t be able to hold out for long.

There! A good stab, right to his chest, would do it. He flipped the knife in his hand so that the blade faced the ground and he brought it down on his opponent. Unfortunately, the armor neatly stopped the blade from penetrating. Surprised, the Divided Soul was too slow to bring his other blade to fruition as the Dragonslayer handily punched his opponent, whose legs gave out. He hit the ground rather haphazardly. The shock of this attack was enough to temporarily weaken the soul’s power, and this was all the Dragonslayer needed. He raised his gigantic sword in the air and pushed it down into the body, the reverse of King Arthur.

Spoiler :
The Divided Soul was Innocent!

The Divided Soul was worth 1091 gold. All of this will be given as spoils to the Dragonslayer, since the Divided Soul was his last remaining team member.

Gold and points won and lost from betting:
Spoiler :
Final odds for Dragonslayer to win: N/A

The following contestants have won gold and points from betting:
Satyr +0 gold, +100 points
Beastmaster +0 gold, +100 points
Illusionist +0 gold, +100 points
Berserker +0 gold, +100 points

The following contestants have lost gold from betting:

The Dragonslayer knew his way to the medic center by now, and was already on his way when reality shifted back. He was quickly replaced by the pompous official that would recite the outcome of the day's vote.

Final Vote Tally:
Eidolon : 4.3 (1st voter: Eidolon ; 2nd voter: Luonnotar )
Illusionist : 4.1 (1st voter: Brujah ; 2nd voter: Runekeeper )
Brujah, Runekeeper : 2
Courtesan, Luonnotar, Satyr : 1

Morning fight: Eidolon vs Illusionist, Illusionist gets arena choice.

Final Vote Breakdown:
Spoiler :

(** denotes first to vote, * denotes second to vote)

The Pack:
  • Satyr (scherbchen) *Runekeeper Brujah
  • Beastmaster (PaulusIII) **Brujah **Runekeeper
The Disciples:
  • Dragonslayer (Izipo) **Courtesan
  • Divided Soul (PurpleTurtle)
Team 3:
  • Eidolon (Sepuku) **Eidolon Illusionist
THE MIGHTY MANLY MOTLEY MATEYS
  • Brujah (Frozen In Ice) *Brujah **Illusionist
  • Pirate (Renata) Illusionist Eidolon
  • Arquebusier (BananaLee)
The Awesomely Awesome Team of Awesomeness
  • Berserker (Catharsis) **Satyr **Luonnotar
  • Paladin (Aramazd)
The Golden Scarecrows
  • Lizardman (Kulko)
  • Illusionist (ZPV) Eidolon Brujah
The Defiant:
  • Courtesan (D'artagnan59)
  • Luonnotar (Chandrasekhar) *Eidolon Brujah
  • Runekeeper (thomas.berubeg) Brujah *Illusionist

It is now night.
Marks, send me your choices for the evening combatants.
People with night abilities, send me PMs.

Betting is open for Eidolon vs Illusionist. Place your bets in bold dark orange.

{ OOC: *bosh* what's wrong with a PM? :p }

{ OOC: So you did, so you did. I do occasionally miss them, so it's good that you're alert. }

Illusionist! If you have a god, you should start praying to them now! I know the outcome of this battle. You have no chance. You should be praying for your god to take your soul now before I get the chance to ravage it. I will not hold back and nothing can save you now. Hopefully the slaughter of you will scare your Mark friends into giving up and letting me just cut them down so we may finish this tournament in peace.

*makes cricket noises*

Where's everybody gone? Ain't ya gonna try and put a bet on?
For me? 1 gold on the Eidolon.

The berserker pours himself out a nightcap: a snifter of brandy always hits the spot, and of course, it aids restful sleep until the Calminax wears off, at which point it helps to disturb the restful sleep of others.

Forgive my insolence, Paulus, but it is a poor excuse for a beastmaster who has to make his own cricket noises.

Honestly, I find the idea of placing a bet so late in the day absurd, and somewhat crass. Why would a gentleman indulge in a wager at a time when the ladyfolk have retired to bed, unable to witness his glorious triumph? Is it not admiration that we warriors crave? I would not wish it said that I participate in this sport of cunning for such trifles as money or - harrumph - points. But having said that, I do feel obliged to salvage my reputation, with regard to the scoreboard, by placing a bet of 4 gold on the Eidolon, Sepuku.

He stares at the jar of capsules for a bit. This one should last until tomorrow; and now, a little nap is in order.

(OOC: *sigh*)

50 gold on th' Eidolon.

20 in the illusionist for now.

Midnight, Day 14

It seemed the competition was heating up, as for the second night in a row there were plenty of bets cast by midnight. Well, over 25% of the remaining contestants had cast a bet at any rate. And on both combatants too, so for the first night in quite a while, neither combatant walked to their isolation without support at their back, however paltry.

Current betting odds: Illusionist vs Eidolon: 2.75:1

24 hours until morning post.
Combatants, send in your battle ideas to LightFang!

Top Bottom