2014 US Midterm Election Results & Discussion Thread

Hola hombres, here's the non-RD thread to discuss the election results as they come in tonight.

We already have the results in from some US territories in the Pacific (they voted yesterday). The incumbent GOP governor in Guam was re-elected.

DISCUSS.

Hope people enjoyed their wait at the polls and inconvenience out of their day

I voted last week, free of any charge (ie no postage) with ballot drop off

:)

I walked about 10 minutes to my polling place, had no wait time, and then walked back to work. It was great.

Voted Burke in Wisconsin. Went democrat on all candidates and issues except the minimum wage issue. If they wanted to raise it to 8.50 instead of 10.15, I probably would have voted in favor of it 10.15 is swinging for the fences too much at this time.

Ran into a student who claimed that they didn't accept her college id, but did accept her fake State ID.

Voted Burke in Wisconsin. Went democrat on all candidates and issues except the minimum wage issue. If they wanted to raise it to 8.50 instead of 10.15, I probably would have voted in favor of it 10.15 is swinging for the fences too much at this time.

We'll see if my long-standing gut feeling that Walker will be the 2016 GOP nominee holds up tonight. If he loses to Burke, I think his bid is toast.

I think Walker will win Wisconsin by a small margin. They were knotted up mid-October but Burke slipped like 3-4 points in the polls leading up to the election.

I doubt walker will be the 2016 nominee though, too polarizing. I think Hillary will crush him if he is the nominee.

I figured he was everybody's second choice. Like the business guys, old-school establishment guys, social conservatives, etc.--they all have a favored candidate or three, but Walker would be acceptable to most of them and emerge as a consensus GOP pick. Plus, he's from a state where the GOP wants to be competitive.

Yeah, that's true, but I really think the union-busting hurt him with moderates though. But your right, he's probably acceptable to every group in the republican base. Not very endearing to indepedents though.

Gonna suck it up and go vote(Georgia) because I don't like any of the candidates but I don't want to listen to 2 more months of ads because of a runoff.

Didn't know you were in GA. I thought at least the Senate race was very likely to go to a runoff, the gubernatorial one less so.

So I voted for extended voting times!
Spoiler :
Why? Because it was the conservative attempt to make it as restrictive as possible, which I so totally support. It's only for six calender days before the election date, no weekends, and ONLY if the general assembly and governor approve and fund extended voting each time there is an election. The libbies are just up in arms over this, so that kinda makes me happy.

Can't wait to read thousands of articles about how this is a WATERSHED MOMENT even though it practically changes the course of US policy very little, and doesn't change the fundamentals for 2016 much either.

Continued dominance of statehouses by the GOP is a big deal though.

Spoiler :
Why? Because it was the conservative attempt to make it as restrictive as possible, which I so totally support. It's only for six calender days before the election date, no weekends, and ONLY if the general assembly and governor approve and fund extended voting each time there is an election. The libbies are just up in arms over this, so that kinda makes me happy.

They wouldn't be as legally up in arms over it if you had similar restrictions on the right to bear arms.

It probably is but I'll do whatever I can to reduce the chance of having to listen to political ads over Thanksgiving/Christmas like we did in 2008.

Get thee to a Nunnery! Or Perdon't, for all I care. :)

Spoiler :

Glad to see early voting being preserved.

Can't wait to read thousands of articles about how this is a WATERSHED MOMENT even though it practically changes the course of US policy very little, and doesn't change the fundamentals for 2016 much either.

Continued dominance of statehouses by the GOP is a big deal though.

EVERY ELECTION IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ELECTION EVAAARRRR!!!!11

GIIIT STOKED!

Apples and armadillos, JR, apples and armadillos. Nice spin, though :)

I was a bit disappointed that the great State of Texas has infringed on my right to bear arms at the voting booth.

I'm looking forward to see if Michael "Boy Breaker" Grimm wins by the number of indictments the Feds have against him.

Top Bottom