Urdnot Scott's Civilisations

I don't know if it's codeable yet, but I imagine it would work similar to how Austria and Venice do their thing. Balance-wise, it's just a matter of fine-tuning the rate of city conversion.

I presume it wouldn't be too different from JFD's S-P/Italy UA, so it should be possible enough. That said, I have little to no knowledge of actual code.

Also, yeah I'd be up for doing the Pedias, at least for the UU and the UB, though at first glance I couldn't find much regarding the Zenata in the context of Granada itself. If I can find some good sources I'll eventually do the Civ and leader pedias unless anyone else wants to cover them.

I can do the civ and leader pedias, so thats all covered then! Thanks a lot!

I can't even figure out where the code for Venice and Austria to do their thing is in the game files to copy it. I spent an hour looking and either just didn't see it, or it wasn't in any of the spots I checked.

Two simple decisions for when the time comes to do compatability:

Decision: Trace our Lineage to the Companions
Costs: 2 Magistrates, 100 :c5gold: gold*current era, 50 :c5science: science*current era.
Requirements: Must have a Great Prophet in the Capital. Must have researched theology.
Rewards: Receive an immediate lump sum of :c5culture: culture and :c5faith: faith for every faith-producing building or wonder and instantly enter a :c5goldenage: Golden Age. Holy sites yield +2 :c5culture: culture and +1 :c5faith: faith.

Decision: Offer Tribute for Protection
Costs: 1 Magistrate, 500 :c5gold: gold*current era.
Requirements: Must have 4 active :trade: trade routes. Must have researched currency. Can only be activated once per game.
Rewards: Receive 20% less :c5gold: in the capital. Receive +3 :c5strength: defensive strength for every outgoing :trade: trade route and +1 :c5gold: gold on citadels and forts.

I can't even figure out where the code for Venice and Austria to do their thing is in the game files to copy it. I spent an hour looking and either just didn't see it, or it wasn't in any of the spots I checked.

The code is in the DLL. The tags that reference the code (i.e. that assign it to Austria and Venice) are in the Civilizations/CIV5Traits_Inherited_Expansion2.xml and Units/CIV5Units_Expansion2.xml files, respectively, and are: "AbleToAnnexCityStates" and "CanBuyCityState." You cannot do much else with them other than what they do in the vanilla, unless you get creative. You could, say, spawn a unit with the CanBuyCityState tag when you want to capture a city, and push the associated mission. However, despite what the tooltip says, I've found that such cities do still contributed occupied unhappiness, which might not be of relevance, but still, if might be just worthwhile to copy off of my S-P's method, or Innocent after he's out (as he, similarly, acquires cities through alternative means).

I don't remember which one, but I know one of Leugi's Native American civs can steal cities as well. The mechanic was something like if the CS shares your religion and the World Congress hasn't been founded, they can randomly switch to your civ.

Thank you, JFD. I don't think the unhappiness going up would be too much an issue - the idea is to use it for a decision for Polk, and Texas upset a lot of people so it fits there.

These Arabian civs are looking great! Not sure my comp would agree - outside of the BNW America game I just finished, it hates starting up the 100-odd custom civs I have sorted in Really Advanced Setup lol

I don't remember which one, but I know one of Leugi's Native American civs can steal cities as well. The mechanic was something like if the CS shares your religion and the World Congress hasn't been founded, they can randomly switch to your civ.

That's Tiwanaku.

And a glance over the Tiwanaku code reveals that technically ownership of the city isn't swapped; the game remove's the CS's palace, records what buildings exist in the city, name, population, damage, and plot ID, then destroys the city (void Player.Disband(city) )in that order. Then a new city belonging to the target player is placed on top of the CS ruins (void Player.InitCity(int x, int y, bool BumpUnits) ), adding back in all the recorded properties of the old city - buildings, pop, name*, and damage. (It also goes on to change religious follower count although it doesn't record followers from the previous city)

* Except for some name-changing voodoo magic

Spoiler :

Yay my first icon done!

Yay icon! Who is it for?

Its for Granada, based off of the pomegranate flower which made up the arms of Granada. It wasn't really used while the kingdom was sovereign so its kind of cheating, but all its distinctive and Granada was essentially a vassal of Castile the whole time anyway, so using its ensign from after it was incorporated isn't really wrong.

Unless I say otherwise, anything that gets posted here will be for Granada, for future reference. Its the only thing I'm working on right now - too many mod teams announce lots of civs and then split their work way too much and run out of hype, so I'm just focusing on getting one out for now!

Okay so I just about managed a map - but its not very good so if anyone wants to do another, or doctor this one, I'd have no objections. (Alternately, if any good map makers have any tips on making the map more professional I'd really appreciate it!)

Either way, here it is. Its my first and my only photoshop experience was making the icon yesterday, so go easy:

Spoiler :

I'd make the color difference between Castile and Granada more pronounced, it's really not bad for a first attempt though.

Good point, changed it and added a border around Granada to make it more pronounced. Better?

Looks good to me!

Excellent, after much tweaking and changing I'm actually really happy with the final map. So with the map and icon finished and the UU & UB icons being worked on I'm almost totally done with art! Didn't expect this to go anywhere near as fast as it has, very exciting. Just the leaderhead and icon to go now (They are the hardest though, so I'll save the celebrations.) and then in a few days I'll have my PC back and can start coding. Hopefully it'll be out by the end of the month then - though mod compatibility would probably delay it.

Anyone who can give me a few pointers on coding the basics of Granada - please message me, it'd definitely speed up the process. Same goes for anyone who can do a leaderscreen! Huge thanks to anyone who is helping this thing come together, nomatter how small the contribution! For the less artistically or computer-ally talented, I still need a city list, war and peace themes and event ideas!

City List:

Granada
Guadix
Orgiva
Alhama
Moclin
Iznalloz
Baza
Purchena
Berja
Almeria
Vera
Albox
Velez-Blanco
Iznajar
Loja
Velez-Malaga
Motril
Malaga
Alora
Marbella
Ronda
Casares

Excellent, after much tweaking and changing I'm actually really happy with the final map. So with the map and icon finished and the UU & UB icons being worked on I'm almost totally done with art! Didn't expect this to go anywhere near as fast as it has, very exciting. Just the leaderhead and icon to go now (They are the hardest though, so I'll save the celebrations.) and then in a few days I'll have my PC back and can start coding. Hopefully it'll be out by the end of the month then - though mod compatibility would probably delay it.

Anyone who can give me a few pointers on coding the basics of Granada - please message me, it'd definitely speed up the process. Same goes for anyone who can do a leaderscreen! Huge thanks to anyone who is helping this thing come together, nomatter how small the contribution! For the less artistically or computer-ally talented, I still need a city list, war and peace themes and event ideas!

Wow. This map is awesome. Forget the ideas, you just found your real talent.
(This is the most beautiful green thing I ever saw :D)

City List:

Granada
Guadix
Orgiva
Alhama
Moclin
Iznalloz
Baza
Purchena
Berja
Almeria
Vera
Albox
Velez-Blanco
Iznajar
Loja
Velez-Malaga
Motril
Malaga
Alora
Marbella
Ronda
Casares

Thanks! Though is this in order? I'm surprised to see big cities like Malaga or Marbella towards the bottom of the list.
Wow. This map is awesome. Forget the ideas, you just found your real talent.
(This is the most beautiful green thing I ever saw :D)

Ah thanks man! Means a lot.

Top Bottom