Fall of Cuantine feedback

I think I found the source of the problem mentioned before: When I played the first time, I had some ships just over one of the tiles where drowns are supossed to appear. So, as mentioned, only 1 drown appeared. This time I started from a long way back saved game and when I razed the capital, 2 drowns appeared. I killed them and the option screen appeared etc.... I choosed Malakim.

BUT........ now I have another problem. When I go play scenarios and choose "Into the desert" the game crashes.

Any ideas how to solve this?

I can confirm this solution, I was getting crash to desktop after the razing, I loaded the autosave and sure enough there was a lanun ship in one of the spawn points for the drown. I waited until it moved to raze the city and hurrah! no crash.

This is my favorite scenario so far. I found it relatively easy but still challenging. I loved the feel of the story - it felt like something out of Eternal Darkness (the Gamecube game) or H.P. Lovecraft. Where can I find a full text of all the scenario pop-ups/choices?

The first scenario I played, but forgot to post feedback at the time. A few bugs along the way, but *love* the story. It's really dramatic and tragic. Best "fall of a paladin" scenario I've ever seen. (Usually they're very false and contrived - this made perfect sense and I really felt sorry for Rosier. Now I feel bad whenever I kill a Rosier the Fallen in a normal game!)

This is my favorite scenario so far. I found it relatively easy but still challenging. I loved the feel of the story - it felt like something out of Eternal Darkness (the Gamecube game) or H.P. Lovecraft. Where can I find a full text of all the scenario pop-ups/choices?
You can search the text page of the FfH editor (an excel document) that comes with the mod download for all the text in the game.

At this point, issues probably won't be addressed, although some of them probably should have been foreseen. :rolleyes:

I seem to have a diferent problem in this scenario so i'll post what happened to me:

1) After i got the Confessor, the game told me to eliminate some lair in the south

2) South i went and killed all the freaks and eventually found the Muirin

3) I could not attack the Muirin and there was no lair where he stood. The Confessor didn't say anything.

4) I then took the barbarian city to the west of Muirin, hoping that was the lair, but nothing happened

5) Then i found this http://fallfromheaven.wikia.com/wiki/The_Fall_of_Cuantine on the net

6) Since i didn't get any message from the confessor, i decided to research Orders from Heaven

7) When i finished researching that, the Rozier unit appeared on the capital and i was able to attack the Muirin, which i did, but still no lair on the hill he stood

How did i screw this up?

Also, i keep hearing about patches for this. Could it be i'm missing some patch?
I have the FINAL RELEASE build and the 3.1.9.0 (128100) version.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

My only real problem with this scenario, (and it's more then likely a problem in Civ itself), is that With Sabathiel as my ally he keeps ninjaing my heroes. As soon as Righteousness finishes since he gets to go before me he starts building Sphener and there's nothing I can do about it. Valin Phanuel isn't buildable either (doesn't even show up on the list) so I assume that Sabathiel has him somewhere. I did manage to get Donal. It's kind of disappointing to not be able to get Sphener.

I've tried changing techs unitl Sabathiel Has stuff building but he's smart enough to cancel and start Sphener. I wonder if I can break the alliance but stay at peace because if it wasn't for the shared research he wouldn't finish Righteousness in time.

[Edit] Figured it out. I just asked him to research something else. Nice

Damnit. He can still get Sphener. This is obnoxious. I wish I could kill him.

I can't even change it in worldbuilder. I need to take a break before I get annoyed. I'm really liking these scenarios but it's such a pain sometimes. Like I did the Luchuirp in the barbarian scenario and let me tell you it gets really obnoxious to spend 20 min researching something and find out that all the units are disabled. That kind of stuff should be told to you so you don't waste your time. Dwarven Druids, Baron, Dwarven Shadows. All blocked.

My only real problem with this scenario, (and it's more then likely a problem in Civ itself), is that With Sabathiel as my ally he keeps ninjaing my heroes. As soon as Righteousness finishes since he gets to go before me he starts building Sphener and there's nothing I can do about it. Valin Phanuel isn't buildable either (doesn't even show up on the list) so I assume that Sabathiel has him somewhere. I did manage to get Donal. It's kind of disappointing to not be able to get Sphener.

I've tried changing techs unitl Sabathiel Has stuff building but he's smart enough to cancel and start Sphener. I wonder if I can break the alliance but stay at peace because if it wasn't for the shared research he wouldn't finish Righteousness in time.

[Edit] Figured it out. I just asked him to research something else. Nice

Damnit. He can still get Sphener. This is obnoxious. I wish I could kill him.

Just add Sphener into your stack from the WB!

Best wishes,

Breunor

I'm approximately as competent computer nerd as the drown in the end of the scenario are in capturing Cuantine. Could someone find out a thing for me, please? (Apologies if what I ask is more work than I realise.)

What does the trophy 'TROPHY_WB_FALL_OF_CUANTINE_ROSIER_ALLY' track? At which point is it generated?

In addition, does the way you answer to Rosier in the end of the scenario have any consequences depending on which answer you pick?

It changes how rosier will view you in future scenarios.

Just replayed this and got an interesting combination of events. Just as those drowns arrived at Cuantine at the end, Cuantine finished building... Donal Lugh.

"I think they're gonna be okay, Rosier. There is genuinely no need to dabble with Overlord artifacts. Donal's got this. Um, Rosier...?" *sees the paladin galloping off across the waves* "Godsdamnit."

I rather admired Rosier the first time I played this, but the way things turned out here it seemed as if he made a mistake, assuming everything depended on him. If he'd trusted others to do their part, it all would have worked out. ;)

Top Bottom