Duel: Rome (me) vs Greece .... question on city states flipping sides

BossArky

Chieftain
I'm in the midst of an epic duel between myself (Rome) and Greece (Pangea, Quick, Small, King)

Early on I was allied with 2 city states, whilst Greece allied with 2 other city states. The war waged for ages.... until one of my city states started slipping from my grasp. Just as they went from allies to friends I need one more turn to earn enough gold to donate and thus renew ally status.

However, Greece beat me to it and now I have just 1 city state on my side vs. Greece + 3 city states.

This is annoying! I gave that city state so much stuff over the course of the game that you would think it would have granted me a couple of turns of grace. My standing with that city state had to be much higher that whatever it had with Greece... because it was AT WAR with Greece all along! *tut tut*.

Do I just accept this as crazy game mechanics or is there some other thing I neglected when allied with this cty state who then went on to backstab me?

Well, you should have started piling money earlier. ;) Especially with Greece as your opponent.

If you don't like the way city state diplomacy works in the original game, try the city state diplomacy mod. It's awesome.

Do I just accept this as crazy game mechanics or is there some other thing I neglected when allied with this cty state who then went on to backstab me?

Game mechanics I'm afraid.

Maybe you should take this as a lesson learned, what you could do is go back to one of the auto saves and switch your City/Cities build focus to gold, maybe it will make the difference needed to cover the two turn deficit. If this works, then don't forget to switch back to normality afterwards.

Top Bottom