[Religion and Revolution]: Founding Fathers

Robert Surcouf

Civ4Col Modder
I was planning to add all the missing Founding Fathers and "Leaders" from Col94. There are 11 missing (7 FF and 4 leaders):
  1. Jakob Fugger (FF)
  2. Ferdinand Magellan (FF)
  3. Cavelier De La Salle (FF)
  4. Paul Revere (FF)
  5. Francis Drake (FF)
  6. Thomas Jefferson (FF)
  7. Jean de Breboeuf (FF)
  8. Chistopher Columbus (default Spanish Leader)
  9. Walter Raleigh (default English Leader)
  10. Michiel de Ruyter (default Dutch Leader)
  11. Jacques Cartier (default French Leader)
So we probably could add every founding father in that list that hasn't already be added in TAC...
I've started with Jacques Cartier (exploration category) but we will probably have to balance the game (we should have roughly the same number of FF in each category)

I was planning to add all the missing Founding Fathers and "Leaders" from Col94. There are 11 missing (7 FF and 4 leaders):
  1. Cavelier De La Salle (FF)
  2. Francis Drake (FF)
Hi Robert! :)

De La Salle and Drake are already founding fathers at TAC. ;)
Besides Fugger is mentioned at an achievement-text. If you will add a founding father called Fugger, this text have to be changed.

1. Jakob Fugger (FF)
  2. Ferdinand Magellan (FF)
  3. Paul Revere (FF)
  4. Thomas Jefferson (FF)
  5. Jean de Breboeuf (FF)

:thumbsup:
Could you also list the bonusses you would like to give them. :)
(If you have any suggestions right now.)

1. Chistopher Columbus
  2. Walter Raleigh
  3. Michiel de Ruyter
  4. Jacques Cartier

Just to make sure, that we do not have any misunderstanding ... :)

You would like to add thosee as Founding Fathres, right ?
(Not as Leaderheads.)

If so, then I do like to have them (as FFs). :goodjob:
(Leaders would just be an awful lot of work and I think that 2 for every European Nation is enough.)

I will present some of my suggestions for FFs soon. :)

Ok, here are some of my suggestions for Founding Fathers.

Trade:

Gabriel de Clieu: Production Bonus (25%) for Coffeeberries and and Cocoafruits
Jakob Fugger: Production Bonus (25%) for Red Pepper and Indio (you have him too)
John August Sutter: Production Bonus (25%) for Sheep Wool and Cattle Hides
Robert Morris: 20% Production Bonus for Hemp, Sailcloth and Ropes, also stabilizes prices for "Inland Sales"

Exploration:

William Barents: Bonus on Whalefat (25%) for Whalingship + 1 Whalingship (Graphics are done)
Gonzalo Jimenez de Quesada: Production Bonus (+20%) Gold and Silver + 1 Experienced Goldminer + 1 Experienced Silverminer (Graphics are done)

Religion:

Charles Caroll: No negative Effects on Satisfaction from religious minorities + 1 Bishop of religious minority
Junipero Serra: Production Bonus (25%) for Grapes and and Barley + 1 Missionary

Politics:

James Wilson: Increase of LbD-Rate by 25%
Charles Gravier, comte de Vergennes: No negaitve effects on Satisfaction from war

Military:

Benjamin Lincoln: 20% increase of city-defense for Colonial Militia.

Bonusses that existing FFs will get additionally:
(In order to keep everything balanced)

Coloured Cloth, Expensive Furs, Expensive Fur Coats, Cannons

List of other possible FF-Bonusses I have thought of:

25% Production Bonus for Stone or less Stone required for buildings
Something with effects on "Health" (e.g. less medicine needed, Healer's House or Hospital cheaper, general bonus, ...)
Something to increase production of Native Knowledge Points, Paragraphs of Constitution Points or Invention Points
Something with "Culture" (e.g. Production Bonus for the Buildings)
4 Hessian Mercenaries

Thank you Writing Bull!
Of course I meant: There are 11 missing (7 FF and 4 leaders) in Vanilla Civ4Col.

I'll check the achievement text... Your help is very precious indeed !

Ray, of course! Col94 leaders will become founding fathers if we find it useful! I don't want to add new Leaders for now...

I'll check your list. How many FFs have we got in each category in TAC?
What is "LbD-Rate"?

I've counted TAC's FF.
I count 55 FFs (I think!)
(there are 52 in standard Civ4Col and 25 in col94)

Per category:
Exploration: 11 (10)
Religion: 10 (11) [Am I right?]
Trade: 10 (9)
Military: 13 (11)
Politics: 11 (11)

Total: 55 (52)

What is "LbD-Rate"?

LbD is "Learning By Doing".

I've counted TAC's FF.
I count 55 FFs (I think!)
(there are 52 in standard Civ4Col and 25 in col94)

Per category:
Exploration: 11 (10)
Religion: 10 (11) [Am I right?]
Trade: 10 (9)
Military: 13 (11)
Politics: 11 (11)

Total: 55 (52)

I will check too at the weekend. :thumbsup:

Thank you!

1)Religion

Jean de Breboeuf : He would increase Native knowledge points and maybe invention points.
Jean de Breboeuf lived among the wendat/huron tribes and translated the bible in wendat/huron language. By the way, I'm not sure of how you call them. They called themselves "Wendat", French called them "Hurons" but I think you call them "Wyandot" of so...

2) Political
Thomas Jefferson (2 options: either Paragraphs of Constitution points or Benjamin Franklin's actual bonus and Benjamin Franklin increases invention points)

3) Military
Paul Revere: I would also like to add a 20% city-defense for Colonial Militia (who is Benjamin Lincoln by the way?)

4) Exploration
Magellan : Free promotion Mobiliy I for naval units (-1 movement cost on winds, storms)
Walter Raleigh: +2 ou +3 culture in a specific building (Tavern? Theatre? )
Columbus: +5% (or +10%) culture.
Cartier: increases health (natives called "Micmacs" showed him how to cure diseases with herbal infusions)
De Ruyter: ??? I don't know yet

Jean de Breboeuf : He would increase Native knowledge points and maybe invention points.

I suggest, that he would increase Native knowledge and give 2 Missionaries.
But generally, I would really like to have this FF.:thumbsup:

Thomas Jefferson (2 options: either Paragraphs of Constitution points or Benjamin Franklin's actual bonus and Benjamin Franklin increases invention points)

I would prefer to let him give "Paragraphs of Constitution Points".
Maybe we could find another FF that gives "Invention Points" ?
(And leave Benjamin Franklin as he is currently.)

But again, I like to have this FF. :thumbsup:

Paul Revere: I would also like to add a 20% city-defense for Colonial Militia

Ok. :thumbsup:

... who is Benjamin Lincoln by the way?

Benjamin Lincoln could get another bonus.
(We could think about it or simply leave him out. I do not really care.)

Magellan : Free promotion Mobiliy I for naval units (-1 movement cost on winds, storms)

Walter Raleigh: +2 ou +3 culture in a specific building (Tavern? Theatre? )

The bonus does not really fit to him ... :confused:
But Walter Raleigh himself is a good choice for another FF. :thumbsup:

Columbus: +5% (or +10%) culture.

I think I would rather not have him as FF. :confused:

Cartier: increases health (natives called "Micmacs" showed him how to cure diseases with herbal infusions)

I do want to discuss "Custom House" in this mod. As I am not a big fan on the custom house in TAC. How about making Peter Stuyvesant a founding father instead of leader and replace him as leader with Michiel de Ruyter. Then have Custom House require a founding father like in Col94.

Since it is very hard to get then, we could have Custom House like Col94 where it can sell boycotted goods at 50% value and non boycotted goods as 80%? I really feel it is not worth building in TAC as it is now. What do you guys think about this? It would make my day to say the least. hehe It would be adding a kind of "choice" too, if you are going for trade victory it would be benefitial to get Peter Stuyvesant as FF.

I propose adding the Nicolas de Villegagnon founding father. He is the founder of France Antarctique, the first French colony in the New World (1555), where today is Rio de Janeiro. He was the Vice Admiral of Brittany, and had had an extensive military career both in land and sea before embarking towards the New World (he had served the Holy Roman Emperor, for instance); as such, being a military founding father seems to be the best option for representing him, although I imagine being an exploration one would work too.

The isle in which he erected Fort Coligny in Guanabara Bay is today named after him (Ilha de Villegagnon).

On another note, I have an idea which is floating around my head, and I wonder if someone has implemented or thought of this yet: each founding father having a Heimatland, which would affect their cost, so that French founding fathers would cost less to be obtained by New France, for instance.

I propose adding the Nicolas de Villegagnon founding father.

Maybe we can fit him in there somewhere. :)

each founding father having a Heimatland, which would affect their cost, so that French founding fathers would cost less to be obtained by New France, for instance.

The idea itself is interesting at first sight, but I believe that would be horrible to balance to have equal chances for all Europeans.
(Which I feel is really important. Especially for Multiplayer.)

No, I think I don't like that. :dunno:

I propose adding the Nicolas de Villegagnon founding father. He is the founder of France Antarctique, the first French colony in the New World (1555), where today is Rio de Janeiro. He was the Vice Admiral of Brittany, and had had an extensive military career both in land and sea before embarking towards the New World (he had served the Holy Roman Emperor, for instance); as such, being a military founding father seems to be the best option for representing him, although I imagine being an exploration one would work too.
Well I didn't know that! Thank you very much KJ! French Antarctica near Rio ????
Wow ! I agree, we can add him !

On another note, I have an idea which is floating around my head, and I wonder if someone has implemented or thought of this yet: each founding father having a Heimatland, which would affect their cost, so that French founding fathers would cost less to be obtained by New France, for instance.
Heimatland? Each founding father would be related to a specific nation?Well I don't especially like the idea... :(
I mean the whole point of the game is to re-write history and to make sure America becomes French :lol: ...Oh gosh ! Sorry ! I didn't mean to say that :eek:
No seriously ! Having "foreign" founding fathers is part of the fun, don't you think !

I propose adding the Nicolas de Villegagnon founding father. He is the founder of France Antarctique, the first French colony in the New World (1555)

Maybe we could add Nicolas de Villegagnon. However, wouldn't Jacques Cartier be a more appropriate choice? He claimed what is now Canada for France and was the first European to describe and map the Gulf of Saint Lawrence and the shores of the Saint Lawrence River. He also founded a short-lived colony at Cap-Rouge (modern day Quebec) in 1541, although it was abandoned the following year. So in essence Cartier is the father of Canada, as it was he founded the first French colony in the New World, albeit a failure, just as Roanoke was for the English.

Well I didn't know that! Thank you very much KJ! French Antarctica near Rio ????

Excusez-moi, Robert, mais d'ajouter Nicolas de Villegagnon est la proposition d'Androrc the Orc. Il connaît l'histoire du Brésil et à Rio en particulier, est beaucoup mieux que moi, qui était seulement une couple de fois dans le Rio da Janeiro.

Excusez-moi, Robert, mais d'ajouter Nicolas de Villegagnon est la proposition d'Androrc the Orc. Il connaît l'histoire du Brésil et à Rio en particulier, est beaucoup mieux que moi, qui était seulement une couple de fois dans le Rio da Janeiro.
Oh ! :eek: Everyone speaks French here !? !?

Thank you KJ (this time I mean it :))! And of course I meant thank you Androrc in the first place...

Top Bottom