Senshi's Civs

I theoretically should be able to do Lua for the Machu, if I have enough time.

I theoretically should be able to do Lua for the Machu, if I have enough time.

Oh, nice! I think I can manage the UUs and part of the UA on my own (after some tutoring from Neirai) but if you could make some code that randomly gives a unit one of eight promotions when built, that'd be much appreciated!

Code:
local iCiv = GameInfoTypes.CIVILIZATION_SENSHI_MANCHU

local Banners = {
	[1] = GameInfoTypes.PROMOTION_BANNER_1,
	[2] = GameInfoTypes.PROMOTION_BANNER_2,
	[3] = GameInfoTypes.PROMOTION_BANNER_3,
	[4] = GameInfoTypes.PROMOTION_BANNER_4,
	[5] = GameInfoTypes.PROMOTION_BANNER_5,
	[6] = GameInfoTypes.PROMOTION_BANNER_6,
	[7] = GameInfoTypes.PROMOTION_BANNER_7,
	[8] = GameInfoTypes.PROMOTION_BANNER_8
}

function SetBanner(iPlayer, iUnit)
	local pPlayer = Players[iPlayer]
	if pPlayer:GetCivilizationType() == iCiv then
		local pUnit = pPlayer:GetUnitByID(iUnit)

-- this would probably be the most logical place to put any further checks on units that shouldn't receive banners, e.g. if you don't want civilians getting them or something

for k,v in pairs(Banners) do -- Events.SerialEventUnitedCreated fires in various undesirable places such as embarkation, so we need to check for existing banners
			if pUnit:IsHasPromotion(v) then
				return
			end
		end

pUnit:SetHasPromotion(Banners[Game.Rand(1,#Banners)], true)
	end
end

Events.SerialEventUnitCreated.Add(SetBanner)

Code:
local iCiv = GameInfoTypes.CIVILIZATION_SENSHI_MANCHU

local Banners = {
	[1] = GameInfoTypes.PROMOTION_BANNER_1,
	[2] = GameInfoTypes.PROMOTION_BANNER_2,
	[3] = GameInfoTypes.PROMOTION_BANNER_3,
	[4] = GameInfoTypes.PROMOTION_BANNER_4,
	[5] = GameInfoTypes.PROMOTION_BANNER_5,
	[6] = GameInfoTypes.PROMOTION_BANNER_6,
	[7] = GameInfoTypes.PROMOTION_BANNER_7,
	[8] = GameInfoTypes.PROMOTION_BANNER_8
}

function SetBanner(iPlayer, iUnit)
	local pPlayer = Players[iPlayer]
	if pPlayer:GetCivilizationType() == iCiv then
		local pUnit = pPlayer:GetUnitByID(iUnit)

-- this would probably be the most logical place to put any further checks on units that shouldn't receive banners, e.g. if you don't want civilians getting them or something

for k,v in pairs(Banners) do -- Events.SerialEventUnitedCreated fires in various undesirable places such as embarkation, so we need to check for existing banners
			if pUnit:IsHasPromotion(v) then
				return
			end
		end

pUnit:SetHasPromotion(Banners[Game.Rand(1,#Banners)], true)
	end
end

Events.SerialEventUnitCreated.Add(SetBanner)

Excellent, thanks!

A couple of things you might find useful. Loving your work so far!

Jurchens/Manchus

Dacia (sorry I kept you waiting, been super busy)

Senshi, are you planning a Dacia civ? So glad someone is planning this. We also need Illyria, maybe Lusitania, and Pontus for the foes of Rome.

Senshi, are you planning a Dacia civ? So glad someone is planning this. We also need Illyria, maybe Lusitania, and Pontus for the foes of Rome.

I am somewhat interested in doing a Dacia largely due to Hiram's fantastic icon for them, but they're definitely not top priority. There are plenty of civs not on my shortlist that I'd like to do (Hawke's Australia, Tairona, heck, maybe even Las Vegas) but I'm somewhat tentative to confirm any civs unless I finish all my shortlisted ones, and depending on Civ 6's quality.

I also have basically no ideas for Dacia :p

The UU's the toughest for the Manchu, actually - needs some actually complex Lua.

Senshi, is there any reason not to use the Manchu icon and color scheme from the Firaxis scenario they're in?

Senshi, is there any reason not to use the Manchu icon and color scheme from the Firaxis scenario they're in?

Because it's too similar to JFD's Qing, both in design and scheme. Also I like the weird Mongol text :p

I am somewhat interested in doing a Dacia largely due to Hiram's fantastic icon for them, but they're definitely not top priority. There are plenty of civs not on my shortlist that I'd like to do (Hawke's Australia, Tairona, heck, maybe even Las Vegas) but I'm somewhat tentative to confirm any civs unless I finish all my shortlisted ones, and depending on Civ 6's quality.

I also have basically no ideas for Dacia :p

If you like, I'm really interested in doing Dacia so if you want to work with me on it I would love to :).

If you like, I'm really interested in doing Dacia so if you want to work with me on it I would love to :).

Perhaps, but it's really too early to tell.

Anyway, guys, here are some things I'd love to get done soon, in vague order of priority!

• Formalise Evenks and Nenets designs so I can focus on code:
  • I like the Nenets design, but am open to suggestions
  • I'm in desperate need of stuff for the Evenks, but am also fairly stubborn about the uniques (Reindeer Archer UU and Shevenchedek (shaman hut with the cool duck poles) UB/UI is what I really want)
  • Get unit models! (This is hard)
  • Find a flag promotion icon for the Banners
  • Get people to do pedias for me
  • Everything Manchu-related that I can't do which I've forgotten
  • Get Evenks and Nenets art

Anyway, guys, here are some things I'd love to get done soon, in vague order of priority!

• I'm in desperate need of stuff for the Evenks, but am also fairly stubborn about the uniques (Reindeer Archer UU and Shevenchedek (shaman hut with the cool duck poles) UB/UI is what I really want)

Any status on the Tehuelche?

Senshi, Can you list the pedias you need?

Senshi, Can you list the pedias you need?

Don't feel pressured to do all of them, but here are what I need ;)

High Priority
  • The Manchu (civ)
  • Nurhaci (leader)
  • Bannerman (Manchu Banner Cavalry)
  • Green Standard Army

Low Priority (at the moment :p)
  • The Evenks (civ)
  • Bombogor (leader)
  • Evenki Reindeer Riders
  • Shevenchedek (Evenki shaman tent)
  • The Nenets (civ)
  • Vavlyo (leader, better known as Vaulli Piettomin)
  • Nenetsi Dog Sled (if you could find the Nenetsi term for it that'd be great, but no pressure ;))
  • Mya (also known as Chum, it's a tent)

You know, it's occurred to me I might need a new map for the Manchu. The Firaxis map is fine, but at the same time it's way too small to be used on DoMs and the sort. Any takers?

Top Bottom