Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

It's the same mechanic. You lose production and science for 1-2 turns.

Kuserab: it's very possible that the current version of the game that's on Steam is a bit broken. We released a number of patches in a row and some of them had a few oddities.

Soon, though, we'll be releasing a v.3.0 of the Inuit (like, hopefully within the next 24 hours) with some new, great changes.

What if only the city were the Great Person was born entered a resistance, then having a "We Love the King Day"? That'd be more balanced I believe, maybe a production boost too while at that.

The current plan is to only have the city that receives it go into resistance.

Also - the Australia overhaul begins slowly but surely:

(map by regalmanemperor)

Regalman's also on fire with a new map for the Ashanti!

You've got the city-name order for Australia messed up and your map on the loading screen does not contain Australia's second city: Hobart.
Hobart was founded after Sydney but before Brisbane, Canberra, Adelaide or Melbourne.
Hobart often gets forgotten and it's a pet peeve of mine.
Pls

Well it's a good thing Hobart is on the new map then I guess. If I recall correctly though, I think Hobart is pretty high on the city list and is after Canberra. If it isn't, I'll be sure to rectify it in the upcoming release.

So I got a new idea on how to represent Castro's Cuba:

Unique Ability: ¡Viva la Revolución!
+5% Great Person :c5greatperson: points for every City State you've pledged to Protect. +10 Influence :c5influence: with every City State at war with a civ you've denounced.

Unique Building: Dance Hall
+1 Culture :c5culture:. Unlike the Opera House that it replaces, when the Great Work of Music slot is filled in a Dance Hall - the city gains +1 :c5happiness: Happiness and :c5production: Military production is increased by 10%. After an Ideology is adopted, the Dance Hall will provide a +10% Bonus to Great Musicians.

Unique Unit: Guerrillero
Replacing the GWI, the Guerrillero Ignores Terrain Cost and May move after attacking. Gifted Guerrilleros gain the "Guevarist" promotion, allowing them to make nearby units earn experience faster.

So I was thinking on how to avoid the ugly anarchy or resistance feature, which would probably disuade people of using this civ. I started thinking on what characterized Castro's government and once again I came to the conclusion that, as underplayer a factor as it may be, one of the important points of it was the help it provided to Guerrilla groups all throughout Latin America (and Africa). The Cuban army was disproportionally large to the population of the country and it's means of production, and basically every wannabe guerrilla had to go to train in Cuba to hope for any kind of success, and after seeing this country as the protector against "imperialism", I finally got a flash of inspiration. This should be a City State focused civ!

So the UA is inspired by all the, direct or indirect, armed interventions that Cuba had in the various Latin American and African countries, them swearing to protect those countries from the attacks of imperialism, so to say. The denounciation should feel right at place too, I doubt anyone would disagree with me on that, and it goes well with the other part of the UA while making Cuba a warmongery civ in the process. :)

I made some slight adjustments to the Dance Hall, mostly because I don't like buildings that do nothing on their own, but also because only producing points for Great Musicians fits better.

The Guerrillero was more heavily modified, mostly because the new ability felt thematic and I wondered if it was possible to make an ability that depended on an unit being gifted, as making units just give more Influence when gifted feels lame by now. Another bonus is that, if a City State happens to produce Guerrilleros for some reason, you may end up with a particularly nice unit amongst your ranks!

So this is it, I hope it's a decent alternative at least.

Huh. Nice ideas there. Also, the code for the Happiness icon :c5happy: is c5happy, not c5happiness. Thought you ought to know.

That said, if it's okay with you guys, I'm probably going to nick the old Golden Age bonuses for other stuff. =]

Just a quick revision of Cuba, any thoughts?

Unique Ability: Viva la Revolution!
Whenever a :c5greatperson: Great Writer, Artist or Musician is born, Cities enter a Resistance followed by a :c5goldenage: Golden Age. Gain +3 :c5gold: Gold for every +1 :tourism: Tourism produced upon signing an Open Borders treaty.

Unique Building: Dance Hall
Unlike the Opera House that it replaces, when the Great Work of Music slot is filled in a Dance Hall - the city gains +1 :c5happiness: Happiness and :c5production: Military production is increased by 10%. After an Ideology is adopted, the Dance Hall will provide a +10% Bonus to Great Person generation.

Unique Unit: Guerrillero
Replacing the GWI, the Guerrillero Ignores Terrain Cost and May move after attacking. If recruited in a city with a Writers, Artist or Musicians Guild, it will provide a boost of :c5greatperson: Great Person points of the appropriate kind.

Whatever everyone else says: I prefer this one.

Would you be interested in doing Ayutthaya? I had some ideas for them under King Narai, who was heavily influenced by the court of Louis XIV and fought against Dutch and Portuguese East India Companies.

That actually sounds pretty fun. I'd like to do something like that. Do you have ideas thus far?

One thing I've been considering is an Indonesia split with regalman.

I'm working on a compromise for Cuba - would it be a good idea to take the Khmer/Roosevelt route and have an option whether or not to Viva la Revolution or quell it?

My idea for Ayutthaya:

UA: White Elephant: Gain 25% of the gold and culture of Civilizations you have a defense pact with, +25% tourism to each other.
UU: Pụ̄n h̄ıỵ̀: Replaces Cannon. Has increased defence against melee attacks. +50% strength against naval units and +25% strength against gunpowder units. Smaller bonus against cities than regular cannon.
UI: Chedi: +2 culture and +2 faith. Can be built on flat land. Available at Theology.

I've never seen a civilization that utilizes defensive pacts, which are quite an underused feature imo. This fits because Ayutthaya were allies with France and used it to defend against Portuguese and Dutch colonists. Both countries gained from the alliance, and the court of Narai flourished, economically and culturally. The unique cannon is a reference to the cannons used to fight against the colonists, and were used in the French Revolution too. The chedi is there because I wanted to focus on a cultural victory and religious monuments were very important in the region. The difficulty would be balancing the benefits of the defensive pacts with the downsides of constant war.

I'm not sure if any else has this problem (this thread moves to fast to check) but I have a bug with the Inuit and Sukitract's Events and Decisions mod.

Their unique 'cable-backed bow thing' decision is broken on my end. When I go to enact it, it takes the gold out of my treasury but doesn't use up any magistrates and remains un-enacted. I can just keep clicking on it until my treasury runs negative but nothing else ever happens.

Both mods are great otherwise :)

Top Bottom