SilliNES2: Pure Story and World Building NES Succeeding? PFFFFF, YEAH RIGHT!

Can Swabia be a light green color?

Name: The Kingdom of Swabia
Government: Monarchy
Cities: Baden, Freiburg, Heidelberg, Karlsruhe, Mannheim, Stuttgart, Ulm, Munich, Zurich, Geneva, Bern, Verdun
Armies: The Swabian Armed Forces (Heer aus Swabia in German) consists entirely of a land force, Swabia being landlocked, with aristocratic officership and a professional land force. The Swabian territories are a population-rich area, and although Swabia is vastly overshadowed by its (mostly) friendly neighbor die Eisen Europa, the Swabian army is of a respectable size. The Swabian army has yet to distinguish itself in any major conflicts, however it has been known to rattle sabers with the Franks to the west and the Occitans and Eatalians to the south.
Stability: Mostly stable, the Swiss territories might be the hotbed of nationalist sentiment in the future.
Economy: Booming. Swabia has presided over many of the early stages of industrialization in the past several years, and makes most of its valuable foreign exchange by selling manufactured goods to its neighbor die Eisen Europa.
Religion: Catholic. The King of Swabia, Frederick of the Hohenzollern family, is also considered the Holy Roman Emperor - a title that is all but symbolic as a majority of historically Holy Roman lands lie in the hands of People-King Eisen.

Seon, all that was was a copy paste from a history textbook or a Yahoo answers post. It was to differentiate OTL, not TTL Aztecs and Mayans.

Oh?

In that case I retract everything I said. Although suddenly putting on an actual history document about a fictional 1800 Mayan empire confuses me :S

Wait wait wait, are you using the stuff from the last update of SilliNES 1 as a template? If so, Stafia crushed the republic brutally and was poised to rule the Baltic Sea, Scandanavia, and most of upper Germany and the Baltic Republics. I'd honestly like to have a Stafian descended nation in Europe, but how is this going to work?

That it did. You two work it out. Maybe Eisen Europa is an assimilated Stafian colony. Maybe it is a modern state going back to the classical era. I dunno.

EDIT: On Nation Ownership.

I will recognize when players claim ownership over nation/nations. When a player does so, I'm assuming they will focus their creative powers on that region and thus, deserve greater creative control over said region. Regardless, what I will or won't canonize will have to do what all players light, although as said player ownership is recognized. Also, stuff can be canonized in the future when it wasn't "formally canonized" earlier after an idea gets more support.

The Ostrian World Press
What is one more pint of Appledew, mate?

North Vinland:

The Albion Union has a good trading relationship with the Realm of Andeina, but it was no means a easy route. Due to Andeina's bureaucratic ways, the traders had to go through countless forms and walls of terms and conditions for even a single shipment. This might be a exaggeration, but the Newfoundland traders would rather face Europa's tariffs than the bureaucracy hell of Andeina.

All at home:

Eisen Europa informs that if Swabia continue to be rude against them, they will suffer the same fate as Hungria and Austry. They didn't really say that, but it is worth to note that some states of Europa conquered Hungria and Austry before the proper unification.

Wait wait wait, are you using the stuff from the last update of SilliNES 1 as a template? If so, Stafia crushed the republic brutally and was poised to rule the Baltic Sea, Scandanavia, and most of upper Germany and the Baltic Republics. I'd honestly like to have a Stafian descended nation in Europe, but how is this going to work?

Well, what I thought of was that the Republic's ruler would be assas- Murdered by his messenger, the same one who gave him the message about the northern barbarians wanting peace, who would fix the Republic's bad state before Stafia could invade (They had rival barbarians at their northern border, as well). After a hundred years or more, the Republic under a new ruler gains overlordship of Stafia, and goes on to rule most of Europe, until the turn of the BC/AD calendar (I.e. 0 BC/AD), in which it gets totally crushed by Rome, another place that the Republic had overlordship over.

Also, wasn't Stafia in Scandinavia and your new civilization also being in Scandinavia? If so, why can't that nation descend from the Stafians after the fall of Ostria?

Dear Eisen Europa,

Find enclosed a gift basket filled with various goodies and sweets. We apologize for our rudeness.

Sincerely,
Swabia <3

Dear Eisen Europa,

Find enclosed a gift basket filled with various goodies and sweets. We apologize for our rudeness.

Sincerely,
Swabia <3

Arthur puts down the note, staring at the basket in question. No doubt was in his mind that the Swabians remembered what they would be like if they got on his bad side. When he was about to open the basket, a knock is heard at the door.

Come in. Said Arthur.

One of the Truppe Kaiser enters in: Volks-König?

Ja? Replied Arthur.

Did you receive the Swabian gift basket?

Ja, ja, I did... Arthur looks at the Kaiser, Do not mobilize your army, they have remembered what they are facing with. They should understand that the giant does not like to be called names.

I agree, Volks-König.

...How is the army, is it in fine shape?

Ja, the men were ready for combat, shame that there will not be a war for them to fight. Do you want me to tell them?

If you must. Replied Arthur, which the Kaiser nodded to, and as the latter was leaving, Arthur leans over and called him: Also,

The Kaiser pulled back, looking over at Arthur: Hmm?

Arthur digs into the basket, pulling out a wrapped chocolate, and tosses it to him. Give this to your daughter, tell her it is a gift from papa Eisen.

The Kaiser smiles, as he catches the chocolate. I will.

Arthur watches the Kaiser leave the room, and as the latter closes the door, the former stares back at the basket, cursing under his breath. Diabetes, du hurensohn...

Well, what I thought of was that the Republic's ruler would be assas- Murdered by his messenger, the same one who gave him the message about the northern barbarians wanting peace, who would fix the Republic's bad state before Stafia could invade (They had rival barbarians at their northern border, as well). After a hundred years or more, the Republic under a new ruler gains overlordship of Stafia, and goes on to rule most of Europe, until the turn of the BC/AD calendar (I.e. 0 BC/AD), in which it gets totally crushed by Rome, another place that the Republic had overlordship over.

Also, wasn't Stafia in Scandinavia and your new civilization also being in Scandinavia? If so, why can't that nation descend from the Stafians after the fall of Ostria?

Eh, Stafia was in Scandanavia and was taking over the Jutland, but my aim was to secure about fifty to a hundred kilometers inwards from the Baltic sea around Germany and the Baltic States and keep that while expanding through Russia/Ukraine.

How about the Republic rises up after about two hundred years, seizes what is now Belgium, Luxembourg, Holland, western Germany, southern Germany, southeastern Germany and Switzerland post-fall of the empire?

Eh, Stafia was in Scandanavia and was taking over the Jutland, but my aim was to secure about fifty to a hundred kilometers inwards from the Baltic sea around Germany and the Baltic States and keep that while expanding through Russia/Ukraine.

How about the Republic rises up after about two hundred years, seizes what is now Belgium, Luxembourg, Holland, western Germany, southern Germany, southeastern Germany and Switzerland post-fall of the empire?

I am sure that, due to what happened, Stafia couldn't invade and conquer Ostria during her 'ruined' state thanks to lack of manpower and rival clans popping up in the former. Since the time was going by 25 years per turn, that gave enough time for Ostria to flip back to despotism, allowing it to be under vassalage rather than just conquered. Like proper historians, however, we do not know what happened back then, and neither does the German Archaeologists nor the [Stafia-Expy] Archaeologists. Let keep it as mysterious as that, eh?

Excuse me, Swabia occupies Southern Germany and Switzerland. Hmph.

I am sure that, due to what happened, Stafia couldn't invade and conquer Ostria during her 'ruined' state thanks to lack of manpower and rival clans popping up in the former. Since the time was going by 25 years per turn, that gave enough time for Ostria to flip back to despotism, allowing it to be under vassalage rather than just conquered. Like proper historians, however, we do not know what happened back then, and neither does the German Archaeologists nor the [Stafia-Expy] Archaeologists. Let keep it as mysterious as that, eh?

Wasn't saying that Stafia broke the Republic and then conquered it, was offering a suggestion for the proposed "rivalry" that Stafia and the Ostrians have faced against the others in Part I, and conquering a large swathe of the Jutland and the area in Europe proper around the Baltic Sea would probably have angled everything to that, at least in my opinion.

Wasn't saying that Stafia broke the Republic and then conquered it, was offering a suggestion for the proposed "rivalry" that Stafia and the Ostrians have faced against the others in Part I, and conquering a large swathe of the Jutland and the area in Europe proper around the Baltic Sea would probably have angled everything to that, at least in my opinion.

Oh, well then wouldn't the Republic take back their homelands (I.e. The northern coasts of Europe) when they declared war on Stafia after they fixed their broken country, so managing to go ahead and control a majority of Europe? That could work.

Oh, well then wouldn't the Republic take back their homelands (I.e. The northern coasts of Europe) when they declared war on Stafia after they fixed their broken country, so managing to go ahead and control a majority of Europe? That could work.

Sort of, in the way that they take over most of Germany, but there are still strongholds and the borders of the Stafian League (trademark pending) as far as fifty miles inward on the German coast going to the Jutland (entirely controlled), though the Ostrians encompass around 70-90% of present day Germany and Austria around the local area.

Kingdom of Sakartvelo
Capital: T'pilisi
Government: Monarchy
Other Cities: Batumi, Sokhumi, Art&#8217;aani, Artvini, Kutaisi, Ganja, Sheki, Bako, Giumri, Vanadzori, Soch'i
Armies: The K'art'uli Jari operates massive artillery pieces [expensive too] placed in strategic locations across the Caucasus mountains. Its regular army consists of a small but well trained regiment of musketmen.
Navies:
Stability: Strong.
Economy: Weak, but slowly strengthening. Sakartvelo was primarily an agricultural economy for much of its history, lending its subsistence to the abundance of citrus fruits and tea grown in the region. More recently, however, with the turn of the 19th century, discovery of large deposits of manganese, coal, iron, and copper in Sakartveli territory has lead to the industrial buildup in a few key cities and regions of the nation. These discoveries helped spur a burgeoning steel industry in Sakartvelo. In particular, the Kutaisi Rk&#8217;inasak&#8217;etebeli [Kutaisi Ironworks] grew to become one of the most efficient, highest quality works in all of Sakartvelo, and maybe even all of Europe.
Religion: Russian Orthodox.
History:

Will elaborate, diakh.

The Ostrian World Press
Now with more cultural culture!

All at home:

The Archaeologists from both the Stafian League and Eisen Europa have made a grand discovery in the Ostrian ruins! Apparently, the Republic which expels the despot from Ostria wasn't exactly the same as the Republic which went on to control most of Europe. Recent studies show that along with the abrupt end to the mini-ice age, the early Stafian raids caused the Republic to fold into itself, with city-states declaring independence, and the only people loyal to the Republic retreating to where Real-Life Austria is to regain control. Whether or not this will cause tension between the two states is unknown, what is known is that it shines a new light onto the past.

In other news, Eisen Europa's citizens view the Kingdom of Sakartvelo as being more backward than themselves. This is in spite that Europa's industry is nothing compared to the little nation of Swabia. Still, European Germans are convinced that Sakartvelo is just no more than a bunch of farmers.

The King and Citizens of Sakartvelo kindly suggest that the citizens of Rk’inis Evrop’eli ts’asvla to their own less cultured, less advanced business while We modernize, build, and advance our own Nation.

Here's an idea. The Albion Union is a partner in the United Kingdom, which includes...

The Black Confederacy (Wales+Lowlands+Manx+Cornwal), The Albion Union (Midlands+Sussex), Scotland (Leader, Highlands+Northumbria), and something something Ireland.

I like this, could we get a map? :D

Top Bottom