The many questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is there so much interest in post counts ? I don't geddit ? It's a genuine question , not a none too subtle " I'm too cool to care about post counts and will therefore pose it as a question " question .

What satisfaction is provided by seeing the number go up? I'll defer to Ricky Bobby in regards to those with less than Perfections 44000 odd posts ." if you ain't first , you're last "

No idea, but people actually do take them seriously here.

It must make them feel important!

Up to a point, post count just says "hey, i'm a real part of this place". Beyond that, it ceases to really matter.

I find I have to rescind my answer in light of Rugbyleague's astonishingly low post count. I only talk to people with 1000 posts or more. This is serious.

(Actually, the one thing I find interesting about postcount is the relationship to join date. The most interesting are the members who joined in like May 2002 and only have 45 posts - and then out of the blue, they post again. What's up with that?)

Considering the dire quality of most of my posts in the more serious threads , I actually cringe as it goes up . It serves as a constant reminder to " read , don't type " . I'm still a red diamond virgin .

If only my post count could be restricted to those made in sports and A and E I might feel better ( topics I know something about) .

Well whadayaknow .... I guess I do care about post counts .

Well, I really do want that extra digit. After that it doesn't matter to me anymore.

How do I, as a long term unemployed person, convince my employer that I am not lazy, unambitious, and other negative stereotypes associated in being unemployed for more than six months.

It's not exclusively red cups. Sure, red cups are a staple of parties, but blue is also common. Cans with coozies are just as common as red cups in my experience. And lastly don't forget (my favorite), the clear plastic cup.

How many white people live in Africa south of the DRC?

How do I, as a long term unemployed person, convince my employer that I am not lazy, unambitious, and other negative stereotypes associated in being unemployed for more than six months.

Volunteering would be a solid way to go. Plus it has the added benefit of helping you not go crazy from being at home too much, one can only surf online job boards for so long each day.

The Americans posting in the last couple of pages largely appear to be failing to appreciate how synonymous red cups and American parties are. Like, if you were going to picutre an American party, there would be a multitude of red cups. I just searched for 'beer pong' on youtube, and this was the first thing that came up:

Link to video.
Exhibit A

Question for any Brits: why do your parliamentarians keep jumping up every 10 seconds during question time?

Catch the Speaker's eye so they can ask the next question.

Well I guess they certainly achieve that! Why do they jump up after a question has been asked but before it has been answered?

The Americans posting in the last couple of pages largely appear to be failing to appreciate how synonymous red cups and American parties are. Like, if you were going to picutre an American party, there would be a multitude of red cups.

If you are going to picture an American frat party, sure. Been there, done that. Watching entitled young men desperately try to impair the judgment of entitled young women far enough to warrant reproductive acts has a limited amount of variability and therefore limited duration of appeal. It is the sort of appeal that generally makes for interesting Youtube watches though, so I can understand the confusion. :lol:

It's not all frat parties. As a teen we had plenty of working class keggers, out in the woods, in someone's garage, anywhere the parents weren't home...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom