The Very-Many-Questions-Not-Worth-Their-Own-Thread Thread XLII

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who eats probably more than his fair share of cereals, I fully support quantum leaps in technology for their transport. :D

How did anyone, even an advertising copywriter, write "a quantum leap forward in cereal transport technology" and keep a straight face?
Remember a quantum of something is the smallest amount you can have, ie. an indivisible unit. So a quantum leap is not a strong claim.

I expect that they're channelling Dr Sam Beckett to make it seem more cool and sci-fi.

As someone who eats probably more than his fair share of cereals, I fully support quantum leaps in technology for their transport. :D
So rice, bread, tortillas, tacos… :yumyum:

All states are artificial, Kyriakos.

Have you heard of people wanting a referendum to secede? ;)
The serbs want it, and the state wasn't to their liking from the start. Most other regions in Yugoslavia with large minorities went that way too.
There was a little bit of a to do about that question, and the current level of autonomy was the answer. Any change risks that.

There was a little bit of a to do about that question, and the current level of autonomy was the answer. Any change risks that.
30 years have passed, so a referendum should be made. Typically those are taken in far less time (such as ten years).
Besides, the entire point was to be part of Serbia, that's why the war in Bosnia happened (likewise for the war in Croatia, but that ended with the genocide of the serbs by Tudman).

As a native Greek, Kyriakos, I'd have thought you'd be sensitive to the special situation in the Balkans. If all it took was a referendum, then we wouldn't have all the fuss with Kosovo, North Macedonia and so on.

As a native Greek, Kyriakos, I'd have thought you'd be sensitive to the special situation in the Balkans. If all it took was a referendum, then we wouldn't have all the fuss with Kosovo, North Macedonia and so on.
Kosovo is independent, so how does that serve as an example there? :)
It also took far less time for it to become independent.
Re former Fyrom, that is another Bosnia, with the albanian minority being roughly 50% of the population. It will split at some point (they already had two civil wars).

Kosovo is independent, yes, but only 101 countries recognise it as such. Some countries that do not include Serbia, Bosnia, Romania and Greece.

Come back when you get over the fall of Constantinopolis :p
If Kyriakos doesn't come back until then then I just might finally tie him for postcount.

When will Republica Sprska join Serbia? (or at least be independent).
It's beyond time. Bosnia-Herzegovina is the definition of an artificial state.
That'll probably result in another bloody civil war... so... hopefully never.

What is the argument that they're unsustainable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom