Haarbals fantasy civ pack

Haarbal

Prince
ONLY COMPETABLE WITH FALL FROM HEAVEN 0.7/0.8

At last, a civilization pack, containing only 19 fantasy style civs, vanilla civs removed.
The civs are:
- The Ancients
- The Centaur
- The Chaotics
- The Dark Dwarves
- The Dark Elves
- The Dwarves
- The Elves
- The Frostlings
- The Goblins
- The Halflings
- The Humans
- The Merfolk
- The Minotaur
- The Orcs
- The Overlords
- The Sshrathi (lizardfolk)
- The Tigrans (catpeople)
- The Undead
- The Wood Elves

This time, i'm not going to describe all the leaders :)
each civ has 2 leaders, with different traits and favourite civics, so there's a total of 38 leaders
And of course, the link
*Click*

Installation notes
- place the zip file in your main fall from heaven folder
- select extract here
- overwrite existing files
- have fun

UPDATE 25/01/06: More balanced traits

haarbal

Minor typo; when you replaced Gollum with Gortrul you typed it in GORTRUL in the text files. Most likely when doing a replace all.... that or you wanted him to be shouting his name!

Thank you for this excellent addition to the mod! :goodjob: This will make the mod even feel more like a fanatasy mod!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Has anyone been able to get this modification to work? When I extract to the main fall from heaven folder, I can only play as the old factions. However when i look in the asset folder it has the new corrected fanatasy files.

Has anyone had sucess with this addition yet?

I didn't have any trouble playing. In fact most of the flags even worked. :p Nice work haarbal.

Olliff - had you already "loaded" FfH from the advanced menu before extracting the files? If so you'd have to reload the mod to start a new game. Other than that I can't think of anything that could go wrong.

I deleted the asset zip downloaded it again and tried extracting it again and it gave an error message about thumbnails or something. I also reloaded the mod. Oddly enough the mod works now and I can still play as all of the old factions as well. Goblins versus the French anyone?

I guess that error couldn't have been too bad.

Thanks for the help woodelf.

well, i thought that there are not enough civilizations to remove the old civs, so when your spreading the fellowship of leaves throughout the lands, napoleon might be spreading the veill :p
when i've put in some more civs, i will remove the old ones, but first things first, get the flags in the right colours.

haarbal

@ Lightzy: Lol!

@ Haarbal: i noticed you didnt use pictures from AoW2 for ALL the leaders, you even used one from Gathering of Magic Card game, for Silverback i beleive? ;)

Nice job with these civs though Haarbal! I really wish I knew how to do this, I could make a start on a Warhammer fantasy mod for Civ 4...(not that im capable of that though....clueless:crazyeye: ) I would love to help you out with any ideas and what not though, so if your at a loss (which i doubt;) ) give us a shout.

Signed Psych.

i dunno, could be magic, just found it on the internet somewhere :)
but the tigrans, centaurs, 1 chaotic, dark elves, 1 merfolk, 1 dwarf and 1 goblin are not from AOW2 :)
for the civs i'm planning to do soon, i found pictures on the net, that are not from AOW2 (ripped from other stuff).
Tutorial for creating a civ, which i used to create these civs. most of the stuff is in here, for the rest you can always ask me ;)

haarbal

Like the new civs, but it seems the white flag problem is still there. So far I got white flags on the Tigrans, Elves and the Goblins. The Undead one works though and barbarian units haven't lost their flag either.

The Overlords flag is yellow and white (should it be these colors?)..

I really think you should take out the original Civs as well. I feel it horribly ruins the fantasy feel of the game if you're playing (like I was) alongside Teddy Roosevelt and Asoka. Right now 12 Civs are more than enough to get those standard games going.

Good job on the civs though!

Shqype said:
The Overlords flag is yellow and white (should it be these colors?)..

I really think you should take out the original Civs as well. I feel it horribly ruins the fantasy feel of the game if you're playing (like I was) alongside Teddy Roosevelt and Asoka. Right now 12 Civs are more than enough to get those standard games going.

Good job on the civs though!

There's a setting that's simply changing a 1 to a 0 or visa versa in one of the xml files that sets a civ to unplayable as player or AI. This way you don't have to delete or remove the original civs. Off the top of my head I can't think of it, but if you post in the general creation area someone could easily lead you to it.

edit : it might the leaders that you can "remove", not the civs.

i know that the flags are still a bit messed up, but they're starting to work :)
the overlord flag should be black/blue, so i selected the colour dark blue, which is blue and yellow. it then fills up the white parts (the flag, not the picture on it) with the secundairy colour which is yellow.
i'll start working on some new colour combinations to create good flags, but first some new civs, so i can finally remove the vanilla civs.
if you want to remove them now, open assets\xml\civilizations\civ4civilizationinfos.xml using wordpad/program like wordpad(not internet explorer, which it uses if you just click it or msword), search for the line <CivilizationInfo>, select this up to the first </CivilizationInfo> and remove it, but make sure you select the right civilization, and only one civ at a time to make sure you don't remove any new civs. if you removed some/all of the vanilla civs, exit wordpad/other program of which i dont know the english translation :p and save it. i'm not sure if you can use it straight away, because you might get xml errors while loading the mod, about the leaders. if you can't get in the game, open assets\xml\civilizations\civ4leaderheadinfos.xml. <LeaderHeadInfo> and </LeaderHeadInfo> of the leader you want to remove. this are a lot of lines (about 450) and delete these. again make sure you dont remove to much.
Also make sure you remove the <LeaderHeadInfo>, </LeaderHeadInfo>, </CivilizationInfo> and <CivilizationInfo> until there is one before an opening of a civilization (starts with <Type>CIVILIZATION_AMERICA</Type> or <Type>LEADER_BARBARIAN</Type>
the final result is the folowing
Code:
<Civ4CivilizationInfos xmlns="x-schema:CIV4CivilizationsSchema.xml">
	<CivilizationInfos>
		<CivilizationInfo>
			<Type>CIVILIZATION_CENTAUR</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_CIV_CENTAUR_DESC</Description>
					<ShortDescription>TXT_KEY_CIV_CENTAUR_SHORT_DESC</ShortDescription>
<CivilizationSelectionSound>AS3D_EGYPT_SELECT</CivilizationSelectionSound>
			<CivilizationActionSound>AS3D_EGYPT_ORDER</CivilizationActionSound>
		</CivilizationInfo>
		<CivilizationInfo>
			<Type>CIVILIZATION_CHAOTIC</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_CIV_CHAOTIC_DESC</Description>

last warning, do not remove leader barbarian or civilization minor, civilization barbarian. this determines the barbarian civilization :)eek: really :eek: ) and i don't what the effect is if you remove it.
finally, if you really mess up, you can alway repack this mod again, overwriting the files :)

haarbal

i tried your pack,it does work on previous save exept the pictures are not with correct civilizations, just thought i would warn everyone else, so they could restart instead.

thearkane said:
i tried your pack,it does work on previous save exept the pictures are not with correct civilizations, just thought i would warn everyone else, so they could restart instead.

Did you put the mod in the My Documents mod folder or the Firaxis mod folder? All mods should go in the latter.

Top Bottom