Haarbals fantasy civ pack

What's the difference between Minotaur and Centaur?

I think one is half human/half horse and the other is half horse/half bull?

A Minotaur is a bull with humanoid chest and arms. It is very different from Centaur, and not only in its appearance.

I know Haarbal, this stuff can become tedious, but keep it up! The finished product will make you be glad you did the work.

I only recently discovered that you had upgraded your fantasy leader module. At the same time I was downloading FFH 0.80. Now it seems I will have to install your upgrade first to see what it's like before I delete FFH 0.70 and go for the new version. The worst thing is I am almost itching to try and tweak your module to get it to work with the new version of FFH, but I guess I won't. I'll just have a look at the graphics so I can comment on them.

Love the civs, keep up the good work.

@Haarbal I tried the civs with 0.80 and it allowed me to play both the normal civs and your civs. I don't know if this was intended or not, it's just really weird ^^

Deathling said:
@Haarbal I tried the civs with 0.80 and it allowed me to play both the normal civs and your civs. I don't know if this was intended or not, it's just really weird ^^

Definitely wierd, but haarbal didn't take out the original leaders. There is a way to make them unplayable without deleting them, but I can't remember how just now.

Looks like someone played Age of Wonders :) Havent thought about Frostlings for a while now. Be cool if they had alot of bonus with Snow tiles.

In the Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml file each civilization has 2 tags within their code, bPlayable and bAIPlayable. The first sets whether the civ can be played by the human player or not, and the second sets whether the civ can be played by the AI or not.

Change these tags to this:
Code:
<bPlayable>0</bPlayable>
<bAIPlayable>0</bAIPlayable>

That sets them to false, meaning they cannot be played in the game. I did this to all the original civs, making only Harbaal's fantasy civs playable.

Hopefully in his new version that he releases soon he will have this done already so we won't have to :)

Shqype said:
In the Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml file each civilization has 2 tags within their code, bPlayable and bAIPlayable. The first sets whether the civ can be played by the human player or not, and the second sets whether the civ can be played by the AI or not.

Change these tags to this:
Code:
<bPlayable>0</bPlayable>

That sets them to false, meaning they cannot be played in the game. I did this to all the original civs, making only Harbaal's fantasy civs playable.

Hopefully in his new version that he releases soon he will have this done already so we won't have to :)

Thanks Shqype. I need to mentally Sticky this since I always forget where it is. :)

Webrider said:
Looks like someone played Age of Wonders :) Havent thought about Frostlings for a while now. Be cool if they had alot of bonus with Snow tiles.

at the moment i just create the civs, special thingys might come eventually :) priority now is the creation of the civs, then the uu's

@Haarbal: I went and looked over the different files last night, it was just a quick look, but I didn't see that many changes that should make your module uncompatible with the new version of FFH. Of course, I've not bothered trying it out, since I figured I would have to reinstall if it didn't work. Hopefully you'll be finished with a version by the time I leave the computer lab at school - I'm experiencing some slight difficulties with the Internet at home.

On another note, I was wondering if there was a specific reason for the different art files you have chosen for your module. Of course, I don't expect you to sit down and draw new art yourself, but some of the files are a bit aged. It would be stealing, but the portraits for Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale have always been favourites of mine - perhaps along with some of those from Neverwinter Nights (but the fan made ones vary alot).

@Shqype: In regards to the following snippet of code, someone should go ahead and make a document with all such wonderful snippets and make it available for download. I know this is the wrong forum for expressing this opinion, but hey, I just had to get it out.
Code:
<bPlayable>0</bPlayable>

Top Bottom