[Warlords] Regiments, Formations, Air Force & EDU

Gedemon

Modder
Super Moderator
- Regiments, Formations, Air Force mod, Ethnically Diverse Units and Cities for Warlords 2.08 -

* Version 0.4 - Aug 12, 2007 *

Presentation

A new version of my old Ethnically Diverse Mod, I've tried to add as many quality units that I could without heavy modifications of the gameplay.

There are now 400+ units added !!! :eek:

See the complete list here in XLS format

Spoiler cosmetics change :

- Ethnically Diverse Units 2.35 by Rabbit, White : and a lots more... 300+ total units...

- Unit Statistics 1.43b by Teg_Navanis : keep tracks of your best units !

- Regiment MOD by seZereth / Porges / adaptation by Gedemon : better scaled units, lots of different formations with up to 10+1 units

- Multi-Building Unit Requirement Mod v0.2w, Unit Civic Prereqs v0.3w by TheLopez : even more visual change with some limited national units (the stats do not change)

- Pirates Mod v0.4w by TheLopez

- Enhanced Foreign Advisor v2.2w by SupremeOverlord, supported by TheLopez

- Ethnic Diverse Citystyles 0.94 by GeoModder *new*

Spoiler a few details on gameplay change :

36 civs

36 civilizations on map (24 from Warlords + 4 added, there is still room for more)

Civilizations by Amra and civgold team *new*

- Polynesia and Siam (using Southeast Asian citystyle)
- Iroquois (using native citystyle)
- Maya

Air Force Mod

Some change to TheLopez' Air Force Mod :
- Multiple interceptions (but not unlimited) are possible using the mod's "multiple acquisition" promotions.
- Air units can not kill ground units. But attacks planes (prop and jet) can damage up to 60% of an unit (defaut is 50% for bombers and fighters) to reflect precision bombing
- Recon runs can be intercepted

Added classes

- light bomber : fighter with lesser interception % and more bombing capacities
- attack plane : jetfighter equivalent of light bomber
- early jet : better interception % than prop fighter but poor bombing rate. can't attack cities or improvement
- heavy bomber : incoming B52s, hope there's a bunker nearby !!!
- stealth fighter : combining the best of attack planes and jetfighters with a good evasive %, use to recon or bombard where there is heavy AA... can also be used defensivly, but jetfighters have more anti-air promotions.

- mobile sam : better interception % and range (2 cases) than SAM infantery. can only defend.
- AA Gun : lesser interception % and range (0 case : only it's own location) than SAM infantry. High bonus when defending against tank, modern armor and mech. inf.

- mobile artillery : artillery with 2 moves and 20 strenght. malus against helico.

Stats change

Cavalry need rifles
Grenadier -25% against mounted units

Spoiler some screenshots of formations :

- Line with officer

- Archer line with officer

- Organised fortify

- Horde & Horde fortify

- Open

- Square

- Wedge combat

- Spike fortify

- Fleet

- Fleet combat

mod the mod : how to change this or that section

Spoiler how to remove Hitler :

I use him for modern start / wwII scenario, but you can remove Hitler by editing (with notepad or any text editor) the file CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml in the "Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Mods\Regiments and Formations\Assets\XML\Civilizations" directory.

find and remove this code :

Code:
<Leader>
       <LeaderName>LEADER_HITLER</LeaderName>
       <bLeaderAvailability>1</bLeaderAvailability>
</Leader>

and save your file.

Spoiler how to remove multifigure units, the humvee example :

you have to edit the file CIV4UnitInfos.xml in "Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Mods\Regiments and Formations\Assets\XML\Units"

search for this code :

Code:
<UnitMeshGroup>
      <iRequired>1</iRequired>
      <EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_GUNSHIP</EarlyArtDefineTag>
</UnitMeshGroup>
<UnitMeshGroup>
      <iRequired>2</iRequired>
      <EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_HUMVEE</EarlyArtDefineTag>
</UnitMeshGroup>

and remove the second part, leaving only :

Code:
<UnitMeshGroup>
      <iRequired>1</iRequired>
</UnitMeshGroup>

you'll have to change <iGroupSize>3</iGroupSize> to <iGroupSize>1</iGroupSize> a few lines above (or leave 3, but the formation is not wide enough for 3 gunship, try 1 or 2 ;) )

you'll have to do this for each gunship :
ART_DEF_UNIT_GUNSHIP
ART_DEF_UNIT_GUNSHIP_MI24
ART_DEF_UNIT_GUNSHIP_KA50
ART_DEF_UNIT_GUNSHIP_AH64

Download section

the mod and patch(es) are available at file DB, with installation instructions : Regiments, Formations, Air Force, EDUnits & Cities 43,5 MB

Credits

many, many, many thanx to : Rabbit White, Teg_Navanis, Elhoim, seZereth, Porges, TheLopez, Bakuel, bernie14, Danrell, snafusmith and all units maker out there ! :goodjob:

Bonus *new*

Two giant earth maps are included :

Gengis Kai's Giant Earth with all the 28 civs
Pantastic's Huge Earth with 26 civs

French units family picture (click to enlarge)

Attachments

• units.jpg
    units.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 1,115
I downloaded this mod and thought it was great!

Two things though:
- The Fiat G.55 Centauro light bomber crashes the game to the desktop whenever I try to place it in the worldbuilder..
- I'm not a big fan of Adolf Hitler, so I'd prefer it if he wasn't included in this mod.. (But ofcourse that decision is all up to you).

Also, do you know how I can remove certain units from the mod? I don't really like the way the airships look with the hummers on the ground beneath them, so I'd like to get rid of them. Any idea how to do that? Thanks in advance!

thanx for pointing that :)

here's a first patch to correct the bug (typo :blush: ) with the G.55 : patch 0.3b

just extract the file in the rar in your "Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Mods\Regiments and Formations\Assets\XML\Art" directory, overwriting the old file.

I use him for modern start / wwII scenario, but you can remove Hitler by editing (with notepad or any text editor) the file CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml in the "Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Mods\Regiments and Formations\Assets\XML\Civilizations" directory.

find and remove this code :

Code:
<Leader>
       <LeaderName>LEADER_HITLER</LeaderName>
       <bLeaderAvailability>1</bLeaderAvailability>
</Leader>

and save your file.

For the multi figures units, you have to edit the file CIV4UnitInfos.xml in "Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Mods\Regiments and Formations\Assets\XML\Units"

search for this code :

Code:
<UnitMeshGroup>
      <iRequired>1</iRequired>
</UnitMeshGroup>
<UnitMeshGroup>
      <iRequired>2</iRequired>
      <EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_HUMVEE</EarlyArtDefineTag>
</UnitMeshGroup>

and remove the second part, leaving only :

Code:
<UnitMeshGroup>
      <iRequired>1</iRequired>
</UnitMeshGroup>

you'll have to change <iGroupSize>3</iGroupSize> to <iGroupSize>1</iGroupSize> a few lines above (or leave 3, but the formation is not wide enough for 3 gunship, try 1 or 2 ;) )

you'll have to do this for each gunship :
ART_DEF_UNIT_GUNSHIP
ART_DEF_UNIT_GUNSHIP_MI24
ART_DEF_UNIT_GUNSHIP_KA50
ART_DEF_UNIT_GUNSHIP_AH64

Thanks, Gedemon! That did the trick..

This is a great combination of some of my favorite individual mods.. Well done!

This looks great. Thanks.

I like to play on real world maps. I tried to use my favorite real world map called Pantastic Worlds, as well as Ghenkis Kai's gaint world map, but got crash to desktop on loading. I wonder why this happens, what I might do about it, or if there are any other real world maps, preferably huge size, that might work?

And thanks again for your excellent work. Am really looking forward to playing.

I've just tried Ghenkis Kai's map and crashed to desktop too... damn these map look really great, but I've quickly looked at the code and failed to understand why it doesn't load :sad:

I've never used pre-made map before, does it work with other mods ?
Is there anything to do to convert it ?

I've tried to remove every team and units occurence in the text, without success :(

anyway, I like marathon games on huge maps too, and I'm using the very good Landmasses Map Script. It's not real world, okay, but really worth a try, and work with the mod :D

concerning multiplayer, I'm on a LAN game with my brother atm, and no problem so far...

maybe a problem with the extracted path.

make sure you have a path like "Civilization 4\Warlords\Mods\Regiments and Formations" and not something like "Civilization 4\Warlords\Mods\RegimentEDU\Regiments and Formations"

else could you please tell more about the "not working" part : mod not listed at all, game crash when loading, mod listed but nothing happens when selected ?

It loads and the "regiments mod" is labeled when the mod is loaded, however when I start a game, there are absolutley no changes, it is simply the original game

really looks like a path problem... should be labelled "Regiments and Formations"

what do you have in your mod folder and in the "Regiments and Formations" folder ?

This looks great. Thanks.

I like to play on real world maps. I tried to use my favorite real world map called Pantastic Worlds, as well as Ghenkis Kai's gaint world map, but got crash to desktop on loading. I wonder why this happens, what I might do about it, or if there are any other real world maps, preferably huge size, that might work?

And thanks again for your excellent work. Am really looking forward to playing.

good news :)

here's a version of Kai's Giant World Map compatible with my mod !

it's the 2.2 version, so you'll probably need to use the MAF fix if you want to play a complete game...

Attachments

• GiantEarthMap_Celt v2.2.zip
    86 KB · Views: 212
What is "Maf fix"? I am downloading your mod - it looks great - and wanna play with giant earth map of Gengis kai- for me, best map, ever.

I wanna play that map with more units. Just it. Is your map with another modifications than this one?

Sorry about my bad english.

MAF is Memory Allocation Failure, a bug with savegame size and/or memory use on giant map and long game...

with this kind of mod and a map of this size, I'm affraid that you may encounter the MAF crash soon or later.

there is a fix, working for me, in this topic, but for XP pro (or Vista, see here) only.

(don't care about it until you've encounter your first MAF, hope you won't need it)

Currently the map is exactly the same as Kai's original. Notice that your 3 starting units of each civs (and only these) are not flavored 'cause they are defined in the map file.

Next version of the mod will include a modified map with 4 more civs to fill some space and every starting units will be flavored.

And GeoModder's EDC (ethnically diverse city) will be included too. :)

Thanks for the link to the old Ghengis Kai map. But I have tried it before, with the Look and Feel mod. Even though I have a relatively new and powerful computer, with 3200 gpu and 2000 ram, this map, especially with all the units and formations, is just too slow, and I get MAF frequently and early.

May I suggest Pantastaic Worlds world map. It is a huge map, but not nearly so big as Ghenkis Kais giant map. This map is a very nice map and seems to work for me. I'm using it now with the Look and Feel mod and haven't experienced MAF.

I also like the Total Realism world map.

Of course, Ghenkis Kais is best, claims to have very realistic resurce distribution, which I like. But, it's just too darn big.

Anyway, perhaps with some kind of modification, you might be able to include either the Pantastic Worlds or Total Realism map with you next effort.

By the way, the advanced AI and speed mods are also favorites of mine. And I am very much looking forward to the final version of the Naval Expansion Program by GeneralMatt. Mastery Victory Condition by Sevo also looks very interesing.

I know all that is too much to ask. But perhaps some of it is something to think about.

Anyway, much looking forward to the next version of your mod, but hopefully with a huge size, but actually playable world map.

Thanks again and please keep up the good work.

Hmm the game crashes when I try to load this mod, it crashes when trying to re-load the game. Could this be a problem with Vista?

I don't have vista so I can't tell. what you mean by "reload the game" ?

ooops I realised it was because I needed to update my Warlords because I had just installed it on my new computer

Please Can Some One Help Me To Stop This From Happening. It Only Happens With Buildings And Wonders. Units Are Built Normally, But The Problem Is Ruining My Gameplay. Many Thanks.....Very Nice Mod By The Way....:)

very strange... do you have this problem only with this mod ? and for all buildings and wonders ?

Thanks for the link to the old Ghengis Kai map. But I have tried it before, with the Look and Feel mod. Even though I have a relatively new and powerful computer, with 3200 gpu and 2000 ram, this map, especially with all the units and formations, is just too slow, and I get MAF frequently and early.

May I suggest Pantastaic Worlds world map. It is a huge map, but not nearly so big as Ghenkis Kais giant map. This map is a very nice map and seems to work for me. I'm using it now with the Look and Feel mod and haven't experienced MAF.

I also like the Total Realism world map.

Of course, Ghenkis Kais is best, claims to have very realistic resurce distribution, which I like. But, it's just too darn big.

Anyway, perhaps with some kind of modification, you might be able to include either the Pantastic Worlds or Total Realism map with you next effort.

By the way, the advanced AI and speed mods are also favorites of mine. And I am very much looking forward to the final version of the Naval Expansion Program by GeneralMatt. Mastery Victory Condition by Sevo also looks very interesing.

I know all that is too much to ask. But perhaps some of it is something to think about.

Anyway, much looking forward to the next version of your mod, but hopefully with a huge size, but actually playable world map.

Thanks again and please keep up the good work.

thanx for your suggestions :)

(yeah, sorry, I was slow to answer this one)

I'm working on next version, and there are a few bugs that I need to correct before release. There are also a lot of new ethnic units that I would like to add...

I try to keep the gameplay as close as possible to vanilla warlords, but the modern era is already tweaked, and even if I do not plan to include complete mod like the Naval Expansion Program or Modern Warfare in short term, I'll surely keep an eye on these two, and may merge some parts...

I don't know if advanced AI, Speed Mod and Mastery Victory Condition could be easly merged, but I may add them at some stage... If I don't switch to BTS first :D

I'll try to add another world map soon, in my tests with Khai's map I'm getting a MAF 'cause of my 2gb of RAM in industrial era... those who want to play a full marathon game on his giant map and my mod will need 4gb RAM, and a lot of video memory too :undecide:

Top Bottom