[BTS] Earth 20/20

Does this mod account for the breakdown of the global trade network and subsequent collapse of society on account of the plague?

This can be modeled with a random event, a dummy tech, and set of civics with very minor python modding. If you have a default civic (mitigation) tied to a tech (vaccines), the event can remove the tech from all civs and force a no anarchy civic switch to the next civic down the list in it's category. The rest of the civics in this category (Pandemic response) represent the strategies countries can take, scaling up negative economic impact while decreasing unhealthiness as you get more harsh.
The DLL this runs on has broken events hence the potential switch to one that's still updated.

Interesting war in this playtest...
upload_2021-5-17_21-2-46.png

Version 1.12 released
-Overhauled corporations: now based on resources manufactured by buildings, rather than raw goods. The effectiveness of your bank corporation is directly tied to the number of banks you have, not the number of gold mines.
-Pandemic: guide your country through a global health crisis.
-Three new World Units: evade enemy fleets with Red October, tip the nuclear balance with Metal Gear, or launch rapid strike missions with Mobius Squadron
-Various other balance and bug fixes. For more details, see first post.
upload_2021-5-23_19-53-7.png

Last edited:
I accidentally left the control trigger in the pandemic event trigger info. Not gamebreaking or anything, but it guarantees that the pandemic will start in America and potentially impact its likelihood. This optional hotfix will fix that.

Attachments

• Earth 2020.7z
    14.8 KB · Views: 72
I can't start the game, I have a warrior, but not a settler, after one turn shows that I'm defeated and there's not a civilization to choose.

Shouldn't the pandemic start in China? Since that is where it originally started.
The *bug* was that it only started in America. The attached file fixes it so that it can start in any big city with an airport or harbour

I also have a weird problem with the main file. It keeps corrupting and says the early jet fighter art can't extract.

When I try to play any of the scenarios of the mod it says that it can't load the scenario map, there ends up being no civ selection screen, and then it crashes back to desktop.

I also have a weird problem with the main file. It keeps corrupting and says the early jet fighter art can't extract.

When I try to play any of the scenarios of the mod it says that it can't load the scenario map, there ends up being no civ selection screen, and then it crashes back to desktop.

Do you have anymore details? I tried a clean DL and it works fine on my end.

Just chiming in here to say "Hi" and well done!

Will need to give this scenario a try later on.

Did you try to incorporate my Civilization Attitude changes between nations?

Thanks Kiwi, it's always good to see you around.

I did end up porting your attitude modifiers from the GEM scenario with a couple modifications to the major powers to simulate the Trump effect and ended up with some interesting conflicts in playtesting like a 3 way world war between US-China-Russia and some more bizzare ones like North Korea teaming up with India to take Pakistan or Canada invading Brazil.

Next update whenever I get around to it I'll make some of the up and coming powers like Turkey and the African countries a bit more aggressive and replace religions with an ideology system based on the HOI4 Millenium Dawn mod's system, which will reduce preset relations being offset by religion, like between Iran and Arabia.

Do you have anymore details? I tried a clean DL and it works fine on my end.

Yeah I found out the problem. I use a free off brand version of a zip extraction program. Apparently it corrupts this particular mod but works fine with others, so I eventually downloaded a free trial version of WinZip for 22 days and it worked without corrupting.

Unfortunately I won't be able to download future updates after 22 days since it's not exactly free forever. Guess I'll just have to go back to my bootleg version I guess. :(

Other than that great mod! :thumbsup:

Unfortunately I won't be able to download future updates after 22 days since it's not exactly free forever. Guess I'll just have to go back to my bootleg version I guess. :(

Iirc WinZip is one of those programs that asks you to buy the licence, but it doesn't actually block you from continuing to use the trial version. Otherwise glad to hear you've got it working.

Yeah I found out the problem. I use a free off brand version of a zip extraction program. Apparently it corrupts this particular mod but works fine with others, so I eventually downloaded a free trial version of WinZip for 22 days and it worked without corrupting.

I use 7-zip

Top Bottom