New Unit: Italian Foot Knight (Dec. 9, 2004)

CamJH

Uncle Cam

The Italian Foot Knight was requested by Xen, but it will also serve as the Guardian of the Gate unit for the nation of Amadicia in the upcoming Wheel of Time Mod.

Download Italian Foot Knight

Previews:
AttackA, AttackB

Credits: First of all to Kinboat for his PDM, and also for his greek armor which served as the tunic for this unit. And also to Steph and Cyber Dreyk for their wonderful programs that make creating units that much easier.

Ejoy! :D

Nice work CamJH. Wasn't expecting this one yet.

Others will say it better than me, but ---- yeah! This is what I would want for any kind of fantasy game (AD&D Fighter, anyone?) and, as it looks perfectly historical too, in a regular game. Great. I worship at your cyber footprints.

awesome :D cant wait to get my new PC (I'm on my moms mac at the moment) to download, and implement this beauty! thank you, very, very much this units- it' sawesome :D

Just checked him out in game. Animations and size are perfect. The Death animation is a nice touch (though the sword falls into the ground a bit fast).
What's really amazing is you've only been making units for, what, like a month or two? Most creators' first few units end up coming out like Gumby with rigor mortis.

Anyone have any ideas as to death animation sounds?

Nice work!

citizen001 said:
Hmm.. looks like an AOE unit.

You're right, but the difference is, it looks like an AOE unit specially designed for Civ 3, with all the right animations and a much better graphic style (Converted AOE units look a bit grainy). So even though that's right, it's still a great unit. Praise be to CamJH! :D

Thank you, all of you. :) I appreciate all your kind words.

Bungus,
Yeah, the sword does fall a little fast. I altered the delay on all of these animations with Civ3FlcEdit (can be done with Flicster too) because embryodead had commented to me that some of my past animations were slower than the firaxis units. It's just as easy to reverse if you want to, only takes about 15 seconds with either of the above mentioned programs. And yeah, I think my first unit was posted around the beginning of October, so it's only been a couple months. Glad you don't think they resemble Zombie Gumbies. :)

I've never played AOE, so I'll have to check it out and see the comparison. I actually based the model and animations around a preview of a Knights of Honor unit that Xen posted for the request. Looked like an interesting game.

Simply a choice piece of artwork and animation there, CamJH. Keep up the good work!

Top Bottom