2014 NCAA Football Thread

Erm, did GT lose a lot? Isn't USC supposed to be pretty good? Even Clemson can't pull a Clemson every game. I know regular season losses don't mean anything anymore, but . . .

They mean more for Notre Dame, since they don't have a conference championship game, and they're going to need to build a more attractive resume than whoever actually wins the ACC.

Texas, Clemson, USC, Georgia Tech and Stanford are going to be tricky games, and I'm not sure Notre Dame has the answers at RB yet, plus they have an uncertain QB situation. I'd be surprised if they were better than 10-2.

They have a clear path if they beat everybody. Just like everybody else in the power conferences...:mischief:

Oh that's rich. Not letting an offensive lineman run three yards downfield on a pass play 'stifles creativity', but not letting the defense call a play or even get set is totally fine . . .

It did get me thinking, eliminating offsides from soccer and hockey actually would make them a lot more popular in the US, sad to say . . .

I can't speak for Hockey, but Offsides are a necessary evil in soccer. I have been guilty many a time being found offsides during games. It is needed otherwise, the penalty boxes would be packed with players and scoring would be infinitely more difficult to do. Besides it is sweeter to score a goal where you caught the defense with their pants down, on a fast break than to score a cheap cherry picking goal.

The offsides rule has been greatly improved too, beforehand you needed two defenders and a goal keeper, rather than just one defender and a goal keeper. Thank you Liverpool for exploiting that rule back in the day!

I don't see it the same way. :scan:

You send a bunch of your players to my end... I still have enough defenders even if short a couple in my opinion (if they are good and the goalkeeper is too).

I have the same down at your end with probably more open field.

***dgfred goes for cover... knowing the assault headed his way :nuke: :nuke: .
We have fought this out before in other threads if I remember correctly :old: .

;)

I know this has no place in the CFB thread, but it's just mind-boggling to me . . :

Alabama beat Auburn 197.325 to 196.825 in gymnastics Friday night to extend our winning streak to 111 consecutive matches over a thirty-five year span. I mean, that's quite a streak . . .
Alabama wins again. Streak to 112, the margin of victory this time was 0.175 . . .

It's not a rivalry when the record is that lopsided :mischief:

That is pretty cool. A. and M. wants you, needs you, must have you. They Shall Not Pass. Tolkien was a plagiarist ! ! !

In other news, Greg Sankey is the new SEC commissioner . . .

Top Bottom