2014 NCAA Football Thread

That bball coach from Wichita is staying there, for about $1 million/year less than Alabama offered . . .

Yeah, Alabama basketball isn't that great of a job. Think they're going to have to hire that dude from Murray State, or an assistant.

I know. I wish they'd let it go and accept that Alabama fans just don't care about the sport . . .

Bo Scarbrough tore his ACL at Alabama's scrimmage today, so we're down to three healthy scholarship RBs. Of course those three are Derrick Henry, Kenyan Drake and Damien Harris, but still, it's only three . . .

Texas... Smart and Strong. :cool:

How is that for motto? :scan:

So the Little General to Alabama, will be interesting to see the Alabama - Texas A&M games since his son plays for us.

<<I know this is basketball, but still interesting>>

Idk. The coaching search was a pleasant diversion, but now that that's done I'm back to not caring about the sport . . .

You must loathe the NFL, or really any sport where a playoff system is involved to decide a champion.

Perhaps we just have all teams play everybody twice, home and away of course and the team with the best record wins. Tie breakers will be head to head and point differential. Easy peasy.

OR! have a seven game series in the playoffs...

You must loathe the NFL, or really any sport where a playoff system is involved to decide a champion.

Perhaps we just have all teams play everybody twice, home and away of course and the team with the best record wins. Tie breakers will be head to head and point differential. Easy peasy.

OR! have a seven game series in the playoffs...

Yeah! And they play all seven games in one day so the college football playoffs don't run all the way through the summer. Last team left alive wins!

Ohio State picks up another 4 star QB today, to go with their 4 star QB in the 2017 class, and the two four star QBs they signed last year. #nice

You must loathe the NFL, or really any sport where a playoff system is involved to decide a champion
This is news . . ?

I do love the NHL, but there I only watch the playoffs, I don't count the regular season as a real part of the sport . . .

EDIT: Stanley Cup starts tonight btw . . .

Ohio State picks up another 4 star QB today, to go with their 4 star QB in the 2017 class, and the two four star QBs they signed last year. #nice

Hey, gotta plan for the future right?

A-Day rosters are out and it looks like Coker has gotten the nod over Cornwell at QB. I had hoped Cornwell would rise up -- I didn't want to see another one year QB . . .

Well, speaking of QB situation in the SEC West, I'm still worried that Kyler Murray gets drafted high by a MLB team. I really believe that he is coming to College Station, but there is a chance....

Jake Coker was 2-for-3 for 37 yards on his first drive, which ended in a field goal. I don't see how we're going to win games like this. Season's over. May as well watch hockey. At least gymnastics made the Super Six :mischief:

And after a day full of the Stanley Cup I feel obliged to say here in the CFB thread that hockey is the best sport humans have invented so far. I'm still a CFB fan first because I grew up in Alabama, but looking at it objectively hockey is better. There's the constant threat of a score to increase suspense, but scoring remains very difficult so defense still wins most of the time. Plus pretty much everyone on the team contributes to every game. It's not like football where less than half the roster ever sees meaningful playing time. Makes me wish I grew up a yankee. Or Canadian. Probably Canadian . . .

Football still has something going for it in that we still stop after every play to think about what we're going to do next, but we've been working very hard to eliminate that from the sport here recently. Also for now we're better in that we advance only 4 of 128 teams to the playoffs while hockey does 16 of 31, but it's pretty certain that both of those CFB numbers are going to trend towards hockey in the near future as well . . .

The NHL season starts in October, but no one pays any attention to it until now because this is when the games start to matter . . .

Enjoy CFB while it lasts, soon we'll also be a winter sport where only the localized conference races are played out in the fall . . .

On the upside, I'll probably be dead by then, so :p

Meanwhile, I've been watching the other futbol, and how I wish there were other tournaments like a champions league for CFB or the NFL, if only American football was not so taxing on the health, both mental and physical of the players so they could play more games...

Top Bottom