2014 NCAA Football Thread

You're talking about a university that has dorm rooms in its stadium because it could get federal funds for a dorm but not for a stadium. What do you think . . ?

The LSU bankruptcy is just political posturing, using scare tactics to influence the decision makers at the Red Stick's capitol building.

Former Alabama, UVA and Winston-Salem QB has signed a rookie deal with the Arizona Cardinals. Now, he'll never play, maybe not even in the preseason. I don't know how all that NFL stuff works. But almost every line in that link is like a fascinating story unto itself . . .

Teams need camp arms. AJM won't have to worry too much about Terrelle Pryor being signed by the Bengals last week.

Teams need camp arms. AJM won't have to worry too much about Terrelle Pryor being signed by the Bengals last week.

He will if he can't stay healthy. The guy was just about useless to the Bengals last year in any capacity or role because of his shoulder. I mean, I know they are saying he's alright now, but if he reinjures himself and is out for a significant period of time, I don't see him in a Bengals uniform for much longer.

He will if he can't stay healthy. The guy was just about useless to the Bengals last year in any capacity or role because of his shoulder. I mean, I know they are saying he's alright now, but if he reinjures himself and is out for a significant period of time, I don't see him in a Bengals uniform for much longer.

Isn't that the case for almost everyone who is not a clear cut starter in the NFL or highly drafted QB?

Zach Mettenberger asked for a trade after the Mariota pick. Talk about no self awareness whatsoever.

Yet another former OU RB headed to A&M, Ex-Oklahoma RB Keith Ford says he's transfering to Texas A&M. First Brandon Williams now Ford. Ford was a former 5 star RB also. Will have two years after he sits out his transfer year.

Well he now be facing fellow SEC player Michael Sam, who signed with the Montreal Alouettes recently.

If anyone still has any lingering doubts about whether FBS should be split up into two divisions, FUN FACT: P5 coordinators make more than non-P5 head coaches . . .

If anyone still has any lingering doubts about whether FBS should be split up into two divisions, FUN FACT: P5 coordinators make more than non-P5 head coaches . . .

FBS doesn't need to be spilt up, it just needs fewer teams. Basically, if you are one of those schools that has absolutely zero chance of ever being a contender for the national championship (i.e. the non-P5 schools), then you need to drop your program down to FCS where you can better compete.

Of course schools won't do this because they don't want to lose all that money they get just by being in FBS. That money is enough for them to not care that they are watering down the level of competition in FBS and not care that their players get absolutely beat up in the first few weeks of the season when they are usually playing the P5 schools.

The FBS is a good welfare program. Maybe not for the SECs and PAC 12s of the world, but certainly for the Sun Belts and MACs of the world.

Yeah, there are lots of teams in the G5 that enjoy a solid prestige bump, and help pay for their other sports, by being in FBS, even though they may only enjoy a Top 25 ranking every few decades, let alone a title.

I do think we're going to see a few FBS teams leave because of money or competitive balance, but I think that number will be less than five (Hawaii, Idaho, New Mexico State). After talking to some state lawmakers about it over the last three months, I'd be pretty surprised if anybody else left. And for what it's worth, if anybody leaves, Liberty will replace them, and potentially other FCS programs.

Eh, the SEC made half a billion dollars last year, I suppose we can nurse them along . . .

FUN FACT: Crews were 'repairing the turf' at UAB's football practice field this week. The decision on reinstating football is supposed to come by Monday . . .

Rich people don't really like sharing their money very much. Isn't the cliche', the richer you are the more frugal you get?

Top Bottom