Get the Rev. B patch (Vanilla)! And Warlords 2.08 patch!

Skippy_Kangaroo

Prince of Denmark
For Vanilla
Or Warlords

I haven't tried them out and don't know if they fix all outstanding issues. But for Vanilla the list does not include some things I am interested in like 'black ice' and kernel panics on ATI cards in Intel Macs. Maybe they are fixed - reports eagerly awaited.

The patch description at MacGameFiles does not describe a fix for the kernel panics. I am hoping, but worried. Will install tonight.

Civilization IV 1.61 Rev B

This is an official update for Civilization 4. It will fully update any previous version of Civilization 4 to version 1.61 Rev B. It is recommended for all users.

This update contains the following fixes:

Adds cross-compatibility with PC's through Gamespy®
- Fixes sound errors in the tutorial when played in 10.3.9
- Fixes blackscreen window when loading game from tutorial on an Intel Mac
- Fixes crash in German tutorial
- Fixed Fog of War effect
- Fixes terrain issue on GeForce 7300 cards
- Fixed issue where portraits would not appear when using a GeForce 6800 in Mac OS 10.3.9
- Fixed tutorial terrain issues on GeForce 5200 and 7300 cards

Does anyone know if patching warlords to 2.08 break 2.00 saves?

No. But someone has to go first.

(And you can always reinstall 2.00 if it gives you grief.)

Looks good so far.

The following graphics issues that I had are fixed as far as I can tell:

Trees are now the right height
Black terrain and FOW problems seem to be gone.
Mehmed II leaderhead works

It looks as if the Civ4 and Warlords versions of the Mac HoF Mod work. :)

The bad news - still no SDK :(

[PS] I never realised the waves were supposed to lap on the beach like that - they must have been broken before.

Probably not, but why not install both? It's not a big job unless you're on dial-up

Is there anyone with Mac Warlords 2.08 who hasn't read the WOTM 5 spoilers, and would like to play the game? It has three weeks to run, and I can put together a set of saves if required.

Blue Marble's fine. I don't use Better Ship Scales, so I don't know about that one

Crashes upon the initial screen (after loading files) on Macbook 2Ghz, 10.4.8. Anyone else?

A few problems:
- I am missing some sounds now (interface sounds)
- a huge horizontal part of the screen went white in the hour I have played so far, zooming in and out fixed it, moving around did not

Might be a touch faster playing/loading etc (might be my imagination)

most importantly for me:
- GameSpy does not seem to work (yes, i confirmed my user name and password at their web site, when I click the login button, the clouds hesitate for a sec then continue... the login screen never changes) help!

do I need to open any ports?

I'll try Warlords a bit later after the kids are in bed (hmmmm does gamespy work on Warlords?)

Mac OSX 10.4.8, iMac G5 1.8 1 gig 64mb gfx card nvidea 5200 fx (yeah, i know)

most importantly for me:
- GameSpy does not seem to work (yes, i confirmed my user name and password at their web site, when I click the login button, the clouds hesitate for a sec then continue... the login screen never changes) help!
On PC you need to create the user from inside the game.. I believe the gamespy user for civ4/warlords add some special chars to the name or something..
If trying to log in with a char you created in another way it reacts like you described..

do I need to open any ports?
(hmmmm does gamespy work on Warlords?)
Should not have to open ports for gamespy.. however I dont know if gamespy works on mac... I believe to play on gamespy the game needs some special gamespy libraries that isnt included on the mac version?

Creating a Gamespy account worked for me.

I have to say, kudos to Aspyr for managing to get Gamespy's browser in the game. I definitely was not expecting it. I never bothered to use Gameranger, and this will make playing multiplayer games much more pleasant. I played a bit on it and it wasn't laggy at all on my 1.67 powerbook. I'm wondering, did CivIV sell well enough that they could justify paying Gamespy's outrageous fees?

That said, the game I played had only music and ambient sounds...(I'm using Warlords.)

I'm having crash-on-start problems as well. My unit: 1.83gHz MacBook (standard 60GB version).

Installed the patch to Vanilla. Played for a little more than an hour, full screen mode. No crashes or other problems yet on 1st generation MBP.

I reconfirmed my account name (don't use spaces or special characters) via gamespy's web site, relogged in to CIV, set up the same exact info in CIVanilla, tried to log in and PRESTO! worked perfectly from then on.

CIVVarlords works great as well.

Tons of PC CIVaholics playing games on both.
I played 3 games (tho none got very far for various reasons).

Thank you Aspyr!!!!!! and gamespy/fireaxis

ps - no graphics glitches thos sounds still seem oddly absent
might play a hair faster? zooms seem smoother on my antique video card (powered by kerosene, enormous brass wheels and drive belts)

Top Bottom