2D Art Corner

Duke van Frost

Lunatic Killer Robot
This ones for discussion about 2D ARt (except leaderheads for now, there´s already a thread for this.

My buttons for Buildings, Wonders and the last one is for the workeraction to build the brewery improvement:

All medieval Tech buttons i´ve done so far:

Buttons for WH Units:

Some Promotions:

The resources, with new Gems:

old Gems for comparison:

The Religions (for now):

Runes that JP wanted for Magic-Items:

Things I altered in the Gamefont.tga:

Anyone remembers those promotion buttons I did for spells, should I link/post them here?

Well then, I might as well use this post to reference all the 2D art that I make/have made and that could be used in this mod.

Spell Promotion Buttons - Download - Original Thread

So for folks who missed it, these were made by request for a mod that seems to be no longer in development. Here is a link to the thread where you can see the spell list and pics of most buttons, here I'll post only couple of samples because of the 12-image limit.
Spoiler Spell Promotion Buttons Samples :

Well, it's right there in my sig and most of you are aware of these but I figured if you gonna organize then organize everything, so here are the...

GuildWars based Action Buttons - Download - Original Thread

I think many of these could work very nicely in WHFB and they can be modified to look very differently - some hue and color adjustments, a copy/paste here and there, and you got yourself a brand new button. The sample pics and the downloads are available right on the first post of the thread.

Yeah sure. That'll be useful. Also whatever else you think could be of use. There's plenty of room here so Lets create a nice graphiclibrary for us. You can also link all units you made or like to suggest to include in a thread here(maybe the WIP or one of your own). I will one after another put the links in the unitdesignthread. There are so many units planned it will be impossible to keep track of them without such an effort I fear.

Edit:
Naggaroth Flag and civbutton

I haven´t done any flags at all.

I need good gfx for those and didn´t find anything on the net and am to busy to be searching the net all day right now.

So if you got some gfx and don´t want to do the yourself - just post the files.

I updated the first post.

The files for the "new" Unit buttons (I included Silverhelms and Gladeriders, but the biggest change is that all buttons now have the right alpha channel - before it was all white):

View attachment Buttons Units.zip

Duke van Frost said:
I haven´t done any flags at all.

I need good gfx for those and didn´t find anything on the net and am to busy to be searching the net all day right now.

So if you got some gfx and don´t want to do the yourself - just post the files.
No it's fine just wanted to know. Of what I have gfx I'll do the flags then;)

I love the premiumbeer Duke!:D In fact almost alll the buttons are fantastic now that I look at them again which I unfortunatly can't in game any longer.
Say could you put links to your first two assets I can't find them anymore(the threads to big) or load them up again. I think I messed something up cause I get a CTD everytime I enter the worldbuilder and want to reinstall all assets on the beta but lost the first two zips, sorry.
Or do you think this could be due to the diploinf not yet compatible with Leaderinf?
My WHversion is really a messed up construction site right now:(

Btw: do you think the Darkelfflag is ok?

Ploeperpengel said:
I love the premiumbeer Duke!:D In fact almost alll the buttons are fantastic now that I look at them again which I unfortunatly can't in game any longer.
Say could you put links to your first two assets I can't find them anymore(the threads to big) or load them up again. I think I messed something up cause I get a CTD everytime I enter the worldbuilder and want to reinstall all assets on the beta but lost the first two zips, sorry.
Or do you think this could be due to the diploinf not yet compatible with Leaderinf?
My WHversion is really a messed up construction site right now:(

Btw: do you think the Darkelfflag is ok?

The DElf flag is looking good :goodjob:

I don´t get CTD because of diploinfo - cIV only points out the problem but I can play anyway (just have to click OK for about 12 times or so), but I don´t know what other files you have in the mod, that I don´t.

But anyway, the first 2 assets:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=128441&d=1149074189

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=128442&d=1149074189

Ploeperpengel said:
Ok Just found out that I can enter the WB in the second round. I just get a CTD if entering it is the first action I take in game. Strange that one!
Looks like something isn't being initialized. Do you have any python code that runs on "end turn"? You might also want to check your XMLs. Somebody mentioned recently (possibly on this forum) that order of XMLs is important and obviously one XML file can't use/reference an object that's created in another XML that hasn't been loaded yet, what I'm getting at is, maybe you did something with XMLs that somehow messes up the order or creation of object.

WR

Rabbit said:
Looks like something isn't being initialized. Do you have any python code that runs on "end turn"? You might also want to check your XMLs. Somebody mentioned recently (possibly on this forum) that order of XMLs is important and obviously one XML file can't use/reference an object that's created in another XML that hasn't been loaded yet, what I'm getting at is, maybe you did something with XMLs that somehow messes up the order or creation of object.

WR
I really can't say. I didn't change any python so I don't know. I'll try Duke's xml tomorrow and if it turns out to be the same problem I think I still just work on that xml I got and we'll have to try to find that bug in the playtestweek.:confused:
I really didn't change anything that would affect the order by which any files are called at least anything I can think of. Duke maybe you? I noticed you had some pythonfiles in one of the assets.

Tha only Python file I had in there was the Religionscreen and that was because of the longer names of the religions, they needed mor space, so that the names didn´t overlap - only graphical changes.

I don´t get the CTD when I go right into the worldbuilder with the XML´s I got.

I get the CTD with your XMLs.

Then I tried to overwrite any files of your XML with my ones, but only if my were newer. I still got the CTD. Whowever, I couldn´t check what was changed in them, because my evaluationperiod for ExamXML expired.

I´ll post my XMLs so you can have a look for yourself:

View attachment 130432
View attachment 130433

And my newest assets:

View attachment dukesassets09.zip

EDIT: maybe we should start a "Bug Report" thread and get back to 2D Art in this one ;)

Top Bottom