A Tryst with Destiny

Here are the present ministerial positions that have been filled out :

Finance Minister : Baseballpie

Commander-in-chief : DKVM

Minister for foreign affairs : Caterpillarking

Minister for the administration of protectorates and colonies : Dumanios

Minister for domestic affairs : (Pending)

Do I get a cool name again?

Well we know what DKVM is worried about :lol:

These are the finalized ministerial positions.

Finance Minister : Amatya Buddhagupt (Baseballpie)

Commander-in-chief : Senapati Dushyant (DKVM)

Minister for foreign affairs : Amatya Chanak II

Minister for the administration of protectorates & colonies : Raja Perun gilli (Dumanios)

Minister for domestic affairs : Amatya Gyananand (Grifguz)

Wait why am I Chanak II? Where was the first? :lol: You can leave it I'm just asking :p

Chanak was Chanakya's father's name. Your name is a tribute to Acharya Chanakya Vishnugupt :) . Also, Chanakya is sort of considered the pioneer of foreign diplomacy in India, that's why the diplomatic enclave in Delhi is named Chanakyapuri after him ;) .

What does Senapati mean?

I have called you all, to discuss a matter most urgent. The Parthian king has requested the aid of Bharat, to fight the Yavan enemy. Our empire has only recently concluded the war with the Tamils, and our best soldiers are severely demoralized. While practicality states that we withhold ourselves from any further wars, my dharma states that we must protect those who seek refuge under us.

It is both my duty as samrat to uphold dharma in this realm, as well as protect my people and ensure their prosperity. So it is that I have come to seek your advice. I see three possibilities before me.

1) We accept the offer of the Parthian king and commit ourselves to war without any condition. (Vote yes or no)

2) We refuse the offer flatly and stay out of any future war with parthia come what may. However, we assist them with aid from our treasury and help them procure mercenaries. (Vote yes or no)

3) We accept the Parthian offer, but with the condition that they must join us as a protectorate of our empire. (Vote yes or no)

Beyond these alternatives, if Amatya Chanak II (Foreign minister Caterpillarking) would like to propose any alternative solution I will be most eager to hear it.

First I need to know where Yavan is :lol:

Well wherever it is I propose that we avoid direct conflict unless the warriors of Yavan begin to beat the people of Parthia. If Persia begins to lose its land then we must help them take it back.

They have already lost Susa. They had taken it under Phriapatius but lost it when a huge Greek stack showed up there. However, the Romans have become involved in this war and are invading the Greek mainland. I'll bump the old update where the situation was described by reports.

Top Bottom