A Vision

Octavian X

is not a pipe.
IT SO HAPPENED on one day that Octavian the Tenth, a peasent known for his wisedom, went to sleep. During his slumber, he had a dream in which he saw a man die. This certain man was placed in a box during a ceremony, and was buried. He then saw the man's body go to an abundant land where milk and honey ran, where the grass was green, and with fat cattle.

The next day when he awoke from this slumber, a local nobleman loved by the local populace of his village outside Noshuret died. Octavian noticed that the man looked like the person from his dream. As the peasents mourned for the loss of the noble, Octavian spoke.

"My friends. There is no need to mourn this man. I had glourious vision last night. If we have a ceremony to celebrate the life of this man, and bury him approiately afterward, he will enjoy a life after this one, in a great abundany land."

The villagers said, "Come, let us do as this man says! He is a wise man, and surely his words are true." They held a ceremony, remembered his life, and buried him in a field outside the village.

Then, as others of the village died, they were given the same ceremonial burial as the noble.

Octavian, seeing how comforted people were after the deaths of others, left the village to carry on this message to other Fanaticans.

OOC: Hello mysticism!
IC:

As the days wore on, Octavian became advanced in his years. He still continued to preach the word of this practice of burying the dead in a respectful manner.

Then, one day, he was travelling to Gorina. The earth started shaking violently, and Octavian fell to the ground. That night, Octavian had a vision, one like the that which inspired his original ministry to the dead. That night, in his vision, he saw many a wondrous thing, more than some may ever imagine.

The next day he awoke, and he made speed to Noshuret, ready to preach this new vision to the world.

As Octavian entered Noshuret's Grand Forum, he began to preach. Very soon, a large crowd had gathered around him, and he said...

"In the beginning, there was void in the universe. Nothing existed except the power that moves all things…
Into this nothingness came Alpha. He was alone but not alone. He was with the other. Her name was Terra. She was his wife and he was her husband. Alpha was the first one, and Terra was the second made from Alpha but now apart.

Alpha and Terra were together for a time beyond our ken. In their love and devotion to each other, they had a son. He became known as Pyra, for he was a power of fire. Aqua was next to be born, and finally Aria, a beautiful daughter. From one, there now were five. Alpha crafted a wondrous place for the Spirits to live. It was light were there was darkness. It was substance where there was oblivion. It was the Place of the Spirits.

Alpha looked out into the void of the universe and knew that it could not continue thusly. He raised a hand, and the sun, the stars and the planets were born. Such was Alpha’s power, with one gesture, he created the universe out of nothing. The universe was full of many different worlds, one such world was a perfect globe, another was a flat square, one was circled by a giant snake that held its own tail in its mouth, and one was a disc, held atop four giant elephants, who in turn were on the back of a even more gigantic cosmic turtle. Alpha was nothing if not inventive.

But the universe was chaotic, without order. The act of creation had left Alpha tired and in need of rest, so he sent his wife and child down to the world to create order from the chaos. The winds howled, the seas churned and the earth quaked. Terra looked at the chaos of the world below and wept with sorrow at the task ahead. We cannot allow this pandemonium to continue,'' she said to her children, ''Come, we will remake the world.''

With that, they left the place of the Spirits and went to the world. Terra came to the world and declared, ''I claim the earth for my domain!'' Immediately, the earth stood calm.

Aqua went to the sea and claimed the waters as his responsibility. Aria rose to the sky and calmed the howling winds with a gesture. Pyra alone stood without dominion. The others came to him and asked how he would help the World. ''I shall bring light!'' he declared, and unsheaved his mighty sword. Holding it skyward, he let loose a gigantic fireball. It shot into the sky and stayed there, becoming our sun.

Terra was so impressed with her son, she gave him to power to command all fire, not just the sun."

OOC: come on! Play along! I need some followers here!

And as Octavian preached, a huge warrior entered the area and listened intently to his words. He was a massive man, with huge muscles and a neck as thick as a bull. He held an axe that dwarfed some men who stood around him. In hunting and fighting, there was few who could best him, but he was not here for combat, but to listen to the new idea. As Octavian continued to speak, the warrior began to smile. Octavian finished his words and looked at the warrior...

Octavian: Greetings, what is your name?

Warrior: I am known as McNultus the Brave! Your words are pleasing to me, I would like to hear more. In the name of your ideas, I pledge my strength and my axe!

A Helenatican Soldier stands next to Octavian... He is visibly impressed by the speach.
Soldier: "Octavian! Thou shalt speak up in helenatica! Come with me to gorina, our royal family is always searching for the truth of the world! Our current ruler, Prince Lucentio, must hear your words..."

OOC: i couldnt imagine lucentio being in noshuret... also gorina is our capitol in the rpg ;-) so the main mystical moovements should propably also exist there... who knows, maybe the great helenatican province will make your religion a state religion...

The huge warrior towers over many. His axe is taller than most men. His red hair and beard cover most of his head. This is McNultus.

McNultus: I follow the Spirits, but of them all, Pyra speaks to me the most! My fiery character seems the most like him. I will be a warrior of Pyra!

On the Road to Gorina- Part 1

Upon the prospect of new followers, Octavian X left Noshuret for the capital, Gorina. On the road to Gorina, Octavian and his party encountered a bright light - one brighter than ever they had seen before.

Suddenly, they all saw five figures, five glourious, magnificient figures. They all recognized of the five spirits that controlled their world - Alpha, Terra, Pyra, Aqua, and Aria. Upon each of the robed figures descended a great crown.

The light faded, the road reappeared, and the party stood dumbstruck...

McNultus slowly draws himself up from his knees, using his massive axe as leverage. He, like all gathered there is utterly astonished by what he has witnesses. He turns to Octavian X...

McNultus: Octavian, did we really see the Spirits? Were we that fortunate?

Octavian: It seems so McNultus. Surely we are blessed to be given such a sight.

McNultus: They were all so impressive, but mine eyes could not keep from the figure with the large sheild and a large sword. It must have been Pyra, the Spirit of War and Fire! Truly I am to follow this Spirit above all others!

Octavian: Of course! That must be the meaning of the vision!

McNultus: What is?

Octavian: We are not to see these beings as Spirits in our world - they are real people, taking part in our everyday lives! They are something more than spirities - a, um, hrm..... Gods! Yes, these 5 are to be our deities!

Top Bottom