American West Scenario

madviking

north american scum
Hi,

I'm making a American West scenario that involves the Westward Expansion and the Mexican-American War and i could use some help modding some stuff.

Here the civs:
United States of America
Slave States
Mexico
British Canada

Sioux---- DONE! thanks to CivArmy
Cherokee
Nez Perce
Shonoshe
Siminole
Illinois

I might need some stuff for it.

I was just playing around with the editor making a scenario like this. Having it start after the Louis & Clark expedition and end before the American Civil War.

I'll help you if you want. What exactly do you need?

It would be interesting if you could divide the United States into northern (free) and southern (slave) states. That way you could simulate the competition between the northern and southern states to either prevent or encourage the expansion of slavery into the new territories and states of the west, which was a really big issue before the American Civil War broke out.

Why making the natives barbarians?

Put in some tribes!

I agree, I think it would be good to include native americans as seperate civs, although they would have to have different abilities, techs? than the other civs. A player as a native american nation could try and maintain their independance from the expanding settler nations.

You would need the Lakota (aka Sioux), Cheyenne, Apache/Commanche, Nez Perce, Seminoles, and Blackfoot, if you start in 1802 you should also add the Cherokee, Creek, Miami, and there are definantly some more which can be added.

What exactly is the timeline for this scenario?

I named the scenario which I played with Manifest Destiny. That sounds like a pretty cool name if you ask me. You could use it of course.

Interesting scen :) There are a lot of native american settlements by redalert. He also has makde american cities. I have made some wooden forts, which were made originally as american forts (from an old playmobil series), so you may want to check them out (link in my signature). :)

varwnos said:
If by any chance you mean that i would be the one making them i must decline im afraid :( too much work!

If your to busy, I could try them myself.

Here is a crude conceptual I just through together. I would shrink it by about a third from this size, maybe add a church. Could also maybe make a another that is more Tex-Mex and maybe if there aren't any aboriginal settlements already made, I could attempt them as well.

Wow Pounder, thats good...

I got another idea:
decrease the road movement down to two (2 moves on a road) and give most of the units one move and add some roads to the west (Oregon Trail, etc.). This way we can simulate actual moving west which was long and hard.

Give the indians a special unit thats invisible and has zone of control. Many indians hid along the side of the road to steal supplies from the pioneers.

PS- does any one have some native american city lists?

Very nice :)
you can use the tower and the church from my crusader series if you want, although it will be interesting to see entirely new graphics made :)

Attachments

• crusader.bmp
    30.9 KB · Views: 206
It looks fine, but i suggest that you scale it down first and then start to work on the textures, otherwise you may find youself having to do the same amount of work twice (it happened to me when i was scaling up some cities)

madviking: I am probably the best source for North American Native Americans because I am 2/3rds Cherokee and 1/3rd Choctaw. I know a lot of the history and the language as well.

What tribes are you including? I know actual settlement names and everything. I also have made a Cherokee city list. However, it was mostly based on the Cherokee Nation of 1500-1800. As you probably know, the Cherokee and all the surviving tribes were cheated of their lands from misleading treaties and constantly had to move west until their permanent removal to Indian Territory (modern Oklahoma). Thus the positioning of the Cherokee would depend on what time the scenario begins.

Here are some good starting periods:
1803 - Louisianna Purchase, right before Louis & Clark Expedition
1821 - Florida Purchase, Santa Fe Trail, begins, Missouri Compromise
1841 - Oregon Trail begins, Mex-American War 5 years later
1848 - end of Mex-American War, Gold Rush
1865 - end of Civil War

You could send me the .biq and I can place the Native American towns for you, with accurate names as well.

Also, i located a map, just what i need, mexico to Canada and Mississippi to the Pacific.
Here's the map,
Heres the lastest list of civs:

Major Powers:
United States
Slaves States
Mexico
British Canada

Indians:
Sioux- RaR city list
Cherokee- cities via Mobilize
Shonoshe (?)- ??
Nez Perce (?)- ??