AND Resurrection Team

Nice to read you again here Joseph and thanks for the warning :lol:
No more children but Gary is growing quickly ;) and he keeps me busier now than he did 4 years ago. And he loves elephants and crabs on RAND maps. :lol: I hope all is well with you.:)

Gary! Duh! smh

Alexander is Vincent's son, author of the VIP Mod.

Grandpa getting forgetful...…:(

Just getting older and crankier, just ask the Caveman2Cosmos team. :mischief::mwaha:

Gary! Duh! smh

Alexander is Vincent's son, author of the VIP Mod.
I just don't understand why 45 didn't name his son after a Civ4 leader too :dunno:
Just kidding :lol:

Hey "Gary The Great!" has a wonderful ring to it! :mischief::D

Not sure if y'all are still looking for people, but I'd be willing to jump in if you are. I'm not much of a coder, but I did some stuff for CiV and I was a historian in a previous career.

Not sure if y'all are still looking for people, but I'd be willing to jump in if you are. I'm not much of a coder, but I did some stuff for CiV and I was a historian in a previous career.

There are still a few things we need, mostly bug-fixing on the DLL level that I cannot do. I have added just about everything that I think there is room for on the XML level. I am still hung up on the name for a Transhuman Era upgrade of the Art Gallery/Museum.

I would like to have some additional mechanics implemented; as examples, I would like the State Church civic to give a relations bonus with any civilization with the same State Religion and the Atheist civic to have Religions have no effect in the same way that Corporations have no effect is already implemented for the Planned civic. Mostly I would be looking for simple numeric or yes/no effects that I do not think would be too difficult to implement.

I just can't look at the c-level source code without wanting to undertake a foolish and oedipal task of reinventing the whole thing. It's just arcane with how labyrinthine it is not to break anything.

Maybe I can meet the problem halfway. I'm doing some independent research on metaprogramming; and I'm becoming attracted to lower-level languages like C (and C++ is no ugly mare herself). I ... don't want to make promises I ain't keeping though.

This is a heads up that, for now, I am -not- the man to give Vokarya what he says he needs in there.

Well, I think I can try to code Vokarya's requests, he's right they shouldn't be too hard. I'm currently testing a fix (more a workaround) for the multiple resources bug. It looks like it's not causing more troubles so I plan to upload it probably this week.
As for @ldvhl, mod is mostly complete, I don't think it will evolve further. Not much, at least. There are still things I want to fix, some MP related and other known bugs I'm chasing since months. Is there anything specific that you can do? XML and python are mostly Vokarya's field, while dll coding is my job (although I'm not an expert). If you have any suggestions, please let us know. I'm just very careful in dealing with the dll code because mod is working pretty good now and I don't want to break anything.

Vokarya said:
I am still hung up on the name for a Transhuman Era upgrade of the Art Gallery/Museum.

Cultural Center?

45°38'N-13°47'E said:
Is there anything specific that you can do?

Like I said, code isn't my strong suit but I would be happy to break up some blob civs and add new ones. That's always my main interest.

45°38'N-13°47'E said:
If you have any suggestions, please let us know.

It's way beyond my ability to code, but I was thinking of a potential Axial Age and implementing a religion system more like Civ 5's. I realize that's a big thing though.

Thanks for responding!

Like I said, code isn't my strong suit but I would be happy to break up some blob civs and add new ones. That's always my main interest.
Did you know that there is a modmod/add-on? See my signature.
AND MegaPack has 100+ civs. Not sure if there is need for more but if you have something good than I'm happy to add it to the pack.

Did you know that there is a modmod/add-on? See my signature.
AND MegaPack has 100+ civs. Not sure if there is need for more but if you have something good than I'm happy to add it to the pack.

Yep, happily running it now! I have a few hundred I wouldn't mind suggesting if that's cool. How would you like me to submit ideas, etc.?

Yep, happily running it now! I have a few hundred I wouldn't mind suggesting if that's cool. How would you like me to submit ideas, etc.?
Feel free to make your suggestions here: AND Mega Pack :)

Thanks, will do!

Vokary wondered about Art Gallery/Museum upgrade... I'm looking at the current moment... transitioning potentially into Transhuman Era. I'm thinking that museums are going out of business slowly but Internet VR accessible tourism shouldn't be hard to ignore. I believe there is a building already in Transhuman era that does VR stuff... maybe mod it to VR/AR Arcade or something? Just my thoughts.

Vokary wondered about Art Gallery/Museum upgrade... I'm looking at the current moment... transitioning potentially into Transhuman Era. I'm thinking that museums are going out of business slowly but Internet VR accessible tourism shouldn't be hard to ignore. I believe there is a building already in Transhuman era that does VR stuff... maybe mod it to VR/AR Arcade or something? Just my thoughts.

The Holotheatre is the upgrade of the Theatre/Cinema chain and I'm fine with it being just that. What I'm really looking for is something similar to the Terra Vault in Beyond Earth: https://civilization.fandom.com/wiki/Terra_Vault_(CivBE).

One thing I may want to look at is creating more separation artistic buildings (providing :culture:) from entertainment buildings (providing :)). Arena/Stadium and Cinema/Holotheatre are on the happiness side, while Museum and its upgrade are on the cultural side.

The Holotheatre is the upgrade of the Theatre/Cinema chain and I'm fine with it being just that. What I'm really looking for is something similar to the Terra Vault in Beyond Earth: ...

I like it. My opinion: go for it.

Actually when I returned to the mod several years ago, I was surprised to find you, Vokarya, working on the mod and seeing it developing awesomely. Afforess and I first visualized this mod as a way to optimize Zappara's RoM, adding few features that would streamline gameplay, and increasing its accessibility by automations because as a DeafBlind player, it is extremely slow and inefficient for me to micromanage units. Anyway, the arc of the game was Zappara's. Now it is yours and I love it. Upgrading buildings just feel right ever since it was implemented. Now with last few debugging happening, I'm feeling very optimisitic (not asking for anything) that this mod will be finally at solid state by this year's end. :) I'm continually stunned by this mod's staying power!

Good to see Vokarya is still at work here. :thumbsup:

Wait, did I miss an update? Thought there was still launcher probs.
*Sigh* That's the issue with getting older, I keep losing my mods.... Wait, or was it forgetting my mods? :D

Good to see Vokarya is still at work here. :thumbsup:

Sometimes I'm around too, just in stealth mode. :)
I have very little free time these days, but I'm happy to see Vokarya is still around. I hope I'll have some time to test the new revision. dbkblk was around too, I hope he's able to fix the installer. Nice to see you too Joseph!

Top Bottom