• Tokyo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shanghai

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • Chicago

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • Toronto

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Annex, you well endowed individual, you forgot ___!

Votes: 12 10.6%

• Total voters

Annex

Tyranny and Mutation
So I was takin' care of business BTO style when I wondered- which city is the most impressive?

This site came up with a scoring system but I prefer to judge by sight.

http://homepages.ipact.nl/~egram/skylines.html

Choices taken from top six on this site. Threw in Toronto since I think they got jipped. Pics:

Hong Kong
Spoiler :

New York
Spoiler :

Dubai
Spoiler :

Tokyo
Spoiler :

Shanghai
Spoiler :

Chicago
Spoiler :

Toronto
Spoiler :

I say New York, as Im a big fan of the Art Deco.

Never seen a city bigger then Pittsburgh,lol The bridges were nice though

New York. No question.

You need a newer picture of Chicago. Maybe from the lake though most of the construction isn't finished in this picture either.
I'd like to see Hong Kong and Toronto's. New York's is bleh for architecture but wow for sheer size. I'd vote Hong Kong because of the water views.

Spoiler :

New York has a better mix of types of towers. Most of the other cities with tall towers they are all glass and steel. Some of those are interesting, but most don't really stand out individually.

New York. But that's not a good shot. The best shot I've ever seen of the NYC skyline was an arial shot from midtown.
Spoiler :

May be it, not sure.
Chicago's has a more commanding quality to it though. Tokyo's is a close third. Shanghai's is quirky, which is nice. Dubai's skyline is surprisingly uninteresting considering all the development.

Pittsburgh actually has a decent skyline for a city its size.

And then, I like Seattle's.
Spoiler :

Obligatory hometown boost. :p

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

You need a newer picture of Chicago. Maybe from the lake though most of the construction isn't finished in this picture either.
I'd like to see Hong Kong and Toronto's. New York's is bleh for architecture but wow for sheer size. I'd vote Hong Kong because of the water views.

Spoiler :

Nice. :goodjob: added.

I actually feel New York has the best architecture, but then again I have an Art Deco fetish. Kinda like what Cutlass was saying, the newer buildings dont seem too individualistic.

for me it has to be NY. the absence of the twin towers alone is enough to make it the most outstanding of all. pre 9/11 it would have been my choice as well btw.

not an entirely asthetic choice, mind you. and not based on the pic you posted.

Frankfurt am Main by far!!!

And now, as Trajan12 said, it's time for the obligatory hometown boost. I acknowledge that Barcelona has an awful skyline.

(This is the future Camp Nou, I don't know when will the alterations will start, but before 2015 it will be already like that)

Hong Kong #1!

But then again, I'm biased. :D

Civic pride would prod me to vote Toronto, but honesty makes me vote Hong Kong.

That's Chicago from the lake.

Which can generally be learned by reading the filename ;)

Top Bottom