Annoying ads

Broken_Erika

Play with me.
So, now we are getting pop-up ads? Or is it just me.

I've not seen any.
What browser are you on, and have you seen one more than once?

I'm on Firefox and i'm seeing them occasionally.
popupad.jpg

Over the past week I've started occasionally getting Google pop-up ads when accessing CFC, has the Permanent Supporter status gotten broken somehow?

About the same time the trophies system was revised, I started getting phishing/spam ads when I changed pages on CFC (not all the time, or even most, but very much noticeably enough) that has an ad that requires to be manually moved on from to go the page, as it blocks access, as so:

Phishing_Ad.png

As can be seen, the CFC page is blurred behind it, waiting for the, "close," button to unblock access. Is this an exploit or vulnerability opened for some reason by the trophy, and has anyone else encountered it?

same here . ı close it by touching on the x that appears on the top right corner . Just an extra ad ı had assumed .

hmm , the moderation post came in between . Still would like if it would go away .

Moderator Action: Moved multiple posts.

Over the past week I've started occasionally getting Google pop-up ads when accessing CFC, has the Permanent Supporter status gotten broken somehow?

It should not, although we feared that after the upgrade this might not work anymore. This is now the first time that we get complaints, so no, I think this should normally still work.

Are you sure that you got the ads after logging in? (before logging in you can still get ads)

I have the same story - started very recently, mentioned they can die in a fire in the trophy thread - and I have a major, MAJOR problem with an ad that covers the whole page and forces me to click on part of it to resume browsing. I ain't got a problem with ads; at least making back the server bill I wish I could do at my forum. -But blocking normal browsing completely and forcing me to click on it? THAT is unacceptable.

Moderator Action: Moved multiple posts.

It should not, although we feared that after the upgrade this might not work anymore. This is now the first time that we get complaints, so no, I think this should normally still work.

Are you sure that you got the ads after logging in? (before logging in you can still get ads)

My login is cached in my browser, so I'm never accessing the site without logging in.

Firefox 109.0.1 64bit, by the way.

I get the pop up ads every few times I change pages.

On safari iPhone

android tablet , no idea on versions . Imagine at a couple of times , it appeared ı had logged in .

Apparently, if the ads don't load, no CFC for you.

Exactly the same type of ad mentioned by Patine. Started not very long ago. I thought it was normal so I didn't mention it, but I just saw this thread.

My initial assumption was that Adblock was no longer updated appropriately, or something akin to that, so I didn't think much of it. It happened in the past elsewhere.

Windows 10, Chrome.

Top Bottom