Any Americans get a copy today?

I have a feeling this game is going to sell better than Firaxis/2K games expected it to. At both the Gamestops I tried, the workers said a lot of people had been requesting it.

I got that impression when I called Gamestop last night. The guy on the phone sounded like he had answered that question a lot.

I'll be heading there at lunch to (hopefully) pick it up.

I'll be heading to Circuit City today @ 2 p.m. (taking a late lunch) to pick up my copy, since they're the only ones offering a freebie to Civ Rev DS players (the poster). I only wish they had used Washington for this game instead of Lincoln, since Washington was a true Revolutionary!

I got that impression when I called Gamestop last night. The guy on the phone sounded like he had answered that question a lot.

I'll be heading there at lunch to (hopefully) pick it up.

Yeah, the guy at the second Gamestop I called said they'd had about 15 calls about it that day (Tuesday).

I have a feeling this game is going to sell better than Firaxis/2K games expected it to. At both the Gamestops I tried, the workers said a lot of people had been requesting it.

Quite possibly. My Gamestop staff had the same story. They said a lot of people who didn't reserve a copy are going to be disappointed when they sell out the first shipment. I reserved a copy. ;)

I'll grab mine this afternoon on my way home.

I did pick up their last Brady strat guide for CivRev. It's a good one. I know that information is online, but I like having a hard copy.

Found it at Gamestop -- had to go across town, because the one closest to me wasn't getting their shipment till later today. Guy at the store I went to said he'd had maybe 50 calls about it. I got the second to last copy!

Btw, anyone else having a prob with the Web site to download the free "Mystic" wonder?

The free wonders don't come up in a few weeks,

could be a tactic to get you to reserve copies for commission. ;) every time I go in there, they are always asking if I want to reserve this or that game.

Yeah, they love that interest free loan you give them.

$5 that one easily wastes on a daily basis - money well spent considering it goes toward the purchase price.

I called FYE today (closest game store near me out in the boonies) about my reserved copy and they don't have it in yet. I'm told to call again around 2. I'm so dissapointed :(

Im very sorry, but I have to wait longer for my birthday, an since we didn't reserve it I don't know if I'll get it.

Lucky little! I might try an buy the game guide today.

I got it - there was an actual line at Gamestop for it. All pre-orders for the big systems - it looked like they had a few non-reserved DS ones.

Playing the DS now ... liking it (10 mins in or so) .... no high score chart though? Sigh.

Got my copy @gamestop during lunch - the last one (unreserved) at my local store! Forgot the DS at home, though. What's this "Nintendo WFC compatible game" business? Guess I get to go home and check it out.

Called just about everywhere here in Toronto, as of this afternoon some Futureshops (Eglinton and Laird) have it in, others not (Scarborough Town Centre). Both Best Buy and EBgames don't expect it until tomorrow.

I got a copy for the DS and XBOX360 at Future Shop. Unfortunetly, they don't come with the bonus, even though FutureShop is owned by Bestbuy. :( I don't feel like waiting anymore, though, so I'll buy the DLC in the fall when it's released to everyone.

Got my copy @ Circuit City during my lunch break. They didn't have it out on the shelf, so they had to go fetch it, and they didn't even have it registered with the POS system yet. Apparently, I was the first person to buy it, because when I asked about the game the guy on the floor looked at me like I had a third eye in the middle of my head.

I asked about the special poster that was supposed to be given away after the guy went and got the game, and he said he didn't see any. I'm not sure how he knew to look for the posters because he didn't know about the game. I decided not to press it, because they didn't really seem very interested in helping me. :mad:

At that point, I was ready to walk out and just go to Best Buy so I could get my Reward Zone points. But then, I figured with my luck, Best Buy would be out, and I'd have to come back and deal with these jerks anyway. I do plan to fill out the survey they give you and let them know I don't plan to buy at Circuit City anymore. Oh well, at least I got my game :D

Top Bottom