Are you a loyal friend?

What would you do for your best friend if you had to in order to save your friendship

• Total voters

Pikachu

Emperor
How important are your friends to you? How far would you be willing to go to help your best friend if you had to? Let’s say that if you failed to do it, there would be no way to restore your friendship.

Edit: The question is not why you have to do it, but if you would do it when the alternative would be to give up your friendship.

Help him/her with his/her housework
Lie
Take a few days off from work/school
Cancel a date
Lend him/her all your money
Donate a kidney
Never visit CFC ever again

I'd certainly not leave my gf for anybody. As for the dieing: I voted no, but it depends. If you mean to risk death in order to save his live, I'd propably do it, but just sacrificing my life isn't an option for me.

edit: same for the killing: I wouldn't kill just because he wants me to, but if I have to kill in order to safe his life (self defense basically), I'd do it.

Same as kaeptnovi, but will steal and commit acts of vandalism sparingly. The "dump my g/f" thing depends entirely on the situation.

Give up CFC for a friend?:dubious:

NEVER!

And err Hitro you only know me online but there's this guy and I was wandering perhaps if you errrr...:sniper:

ComradeDavo said:
And err Hitro you only know me online but there's this guy and I was wandering perhaps if you errrr...:sniper:
Davo at some other place said:
Details, please.

As for the dying part, I checked it in the sense Ovi gave, i.e. risking my life and all that. Not doing a suicide bombing in the name of his god or something.

I would:
Help him/her with housework
Lie
take a few days off school
cancel a date (providing i had a chance to reshedule)
donate a kidney
never visit CFC again (would be tough though)

I would not steal (unless under some extreme circumstances)
acts of vandalism (its ******ed anyway)
murder (dude, if you say yes you need some help)
quit your school (finsihing college will effect the res of my working life, to important.)
move to a distant place (i have many friends. moving to stay with 1 and leaving all the others wouldnt be right)
give up a girlfriend (all my girlfriends have been like my best friend as well, so the tradeoff wouldnt be worth it.)
convert to a religion (no. Unless i suddenly find a religion that i agree with, i woudlnt even consider it.)
lend him/her all money (i would lend/give as much as i could if it was life or death, but give all my money would mean id be just as worse of as him.
Die (so im a coward, shoot me! or not!)

Well, if I had to do one of those to save a friendship then somethins wrong...

But...

I'd do all of the ones that don't hurt people (murder, vandalise, lie etc.).

Oh, and I wouldn't convert, but I would die.

I don't really have that many close friends though :p.

(Damn CFC ;)).

Lozzy_Ozzy said:
I'd do all of the ones that don't hurt people (murder, vandalise, lie etc.).
See, this is what I don't get... I'd much rather random people I don't know got hurt than my best friend....

Well, it never said my friend would get hurt.

And I don't see how it is justified to hurt others.

At least I wouldn't.

But then again I hate it when people kill insects :).

That person isn't much of a best friend if they demand any of that, but I said housework, because I would help any friend with that, anyway.

I don't think I'm very loyal, I'd always weigh my personal gain from the friendship to what I'd have to give up... Fortunately none of my friendships, that I can remember, have required me to do anything on that list.:) (apart from a small lie here and there...)

@The Last Conformist: Why would you rather give up your best friend than helping him with a little housework? You must be extremely lazy!:eek:

Zarn said:
That person isn't much of a best friend if they demand any of that
We are not talking about some hypothetical fantasy friend here. This is about your real best friend in your real life. Would you prefer to loose him forever instead of telling someone a lie? In that case you are not much of a best friend yourself, I think :p

Would help them but kinda weird thing that could end a friendship...

Lie

Done it.

Take a few days off from work

Done it.

Give up a girlfriend/boyfriend

Very close to doing it.

Never visit CFC ever again

I think only my brother knows about CFC since nobody I know actually plays Civ

No problem.

Take a few days off from work/school

Also, no problem.

Cancel a date

Dates can be reschelduled.

Lend him/her all your money

No problem (I think).

Donate a kidney

Hey, we only need one of these things.

Give up girlfriend

The only way I could see this scenario happening, is if the girlfriend didn't like my friends, of which I'd break up with her then and there. If she cannot accept my friends, she cannot accept me. And those idiots better be extremely grateful for that.

Zarn said:
That person isn't much of a best friend if they demand any of that, but I said housework, because I would help any friend with that, anyway.
Gotta go with this one.
A friend is a friend because we get along together, because we trust each other, and because we know each other would help us if we needed it.

I'd accept to help a friend if he has a problem, but not to do anything immoral or self-harmful to do so. People who are really my friends won't ask me to help them in an immoral or harmful to myself, so the question is a bit moot.

Akka said:
People who are really my friends won't ask me to help them in an immoral or harmful to myself, so the question is a bit moot.
What if the friend doesn’t ask you to do it, but you realize that practical problems will make a continued friendship impossible unless you do something immoral or harmful to yourself?

Maybe your friend’s mother will send him to a monastery in Tibet for the rest of his life if he fails to convert you to her religion? Or what if your friend has unknowingly been involved in some unfortunate business with a mafia guy and will have to seek cover and cut all contacts with his former life unless he borrow all your money to pay off his debt or if you kill the mafia guy? Eh, that wasn’t very good examples. Maybe you could come up with something better?

The question is not why you had to do it, but if you would do it when the alternative would be to give up your friendship.

I'd do all of them except convert to a religion, and dump my girlfriend, she's my friend to.

All the others except murder which is I guess serious, are just the perks of being in a trusting friendship anyway.

Top Bottom