Are You Absolutely Sure this is Really Right?

brainpan

Wild Potato
That some people start threads without giving any indication in the title what it might be about? Maybe it would be better to include that information so readers can quickly scan through the list of threads to find the ones that interest them.

Rather than title a thread "what do you think about this?" perhaps an alternative heading like "how 'bout them mets?" would be better. Assuming you want to talk about the Mets, of course. :mischief: :D

hovering over a title shows the first bit.

But i agree, people should spend more time with their title.. yours (i guess on purpose) for example sucks.

Yeah, people say like what do think about that. and you have no idea what they are even talking about.:D

What you said, oh pain in the brain.

I don't know, I thought the Colts played rather well. I'm glad to see Peyton Manning still has a nice arm on him! I liked how they performed, I mean, hell, they had twenty points to New England's ten at one point, but it seems like Indinapolis forgot there's four quarters in a game! They kinda gave out in the 4th, and that's why the Pats won. Of course, I'm no football expert, that's just my opinion...

That some people start threads without giving any indication in the title what it might be about? Maybe it would be better to include that information so readers can quickly scan through the list of threads to find the ones that interest them.

Rather than title a thread "what do you think about this?" perhaps an alternative heading like "how 'bout them mets?" would be better. Assuming you want to talk about the Mets, of course. :mischief: :D

Some people can comprehend what they are reading

OR

use a simple forum function; hovering your mouse over the title.

Some people can comprehend what they are reading

OR

use a simple forum function; hovering your mouse over the title.
Some can comprehend what they're reading? What are you referring to? Mousing over the title is a nice function, but I still don't see the logic in a title that really says nothing about the subject of the thread.

I see the same type of behavior among certain civ players. In a game they will say things like: "what do you think of that?" Well, I really don't know. Perhaps it would be better for them to just "spit it out" as it were, and complete the thought.

Some can comprehend what they're reading? What are you referring to? Mousing over the title is a nice function, but I still don't see the logic in a title that really says nothing about the subject of the thread.

I see the same type of behavior among certain civ players. In a game they will say things like: "what do you think of that?" Well, I really don't know. Perhaps it would be better for them to just "spit it out" as it were, and complete the thought.

There is a 100 character limit for thread titles.

Don't worry brainpan, this is not allowed by the forum rules:

"Use descriptive subject lines & research your post.
This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Also, scan the subjects of the last several days' posts to make sure you aren't duplicating posts."
http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumrules.php

That's why everything that doesn't have a descriptive title could be closed/deleted if a mod wishes so (and I've seen it done sometimes). :) So not only me, but also the moderating team agrees with you in this matter. :)

If its amusing and vaguely relevant, I'd see no reason why it shouldn't be allowed ss long as some connection can be made to the topic. Having "Look at me I can fly" as the thread title and having the topic about camping doesn't really make much sense.

The only thing I am absolutely sure of is the fact that Bush is a good dude.

The only thing I am absolutely sure of is the fact that Bush is a good dude.

Quoted for truth.

But yes, I think thread topics should have a connection to the thread itself. If it's not clear to you, it may be clear to other people.

I hate threads like this that don't give accurate reflection of the threads intended discussion. It's the moderators job to ... moderate. :)

Top Bottom