Athenian Democracy

But I like Direct Democracy... But I agree with Cull: Either play it as its named or make it "Athenian"

Personally, I'd prefer Direct Democracy. There's already Realpolitik for Republic-form democracy.

But how can it be an ATHENIAN democracy if it has no elements that made the democracy in athens, well, ATHENS?

Athenian boy lovers.

Play or don't, don't insult us.

EDIT: Please vote so we can speed stuff up.

But how can it be an ATHENIAN democracy if it has no elements that made the democracy in athens, well, ATHENS?

Because its in Greece and that was the name I thought of, and they were the first one, and Athens is our capital.

So this is the discussion thread? when I read the message I was under the impression that a game had already started.

No, the game's been going for a while, it's just that some people weren't happy with the name.

Exactly.

No more dscussions on the game name please.

I'll play the next round in a few minutes and try to add screenshots.

EDIT: IIRC its a tie between Behead them and simply send them home. I'll leave voting open for a few more minutes to break the tie. If nobody votes I'll break the tie.

EDIT: Voting Closed. I'll tell you my decision to break the tie in the next update.

And, my posts in red are GM posts.

As hard as Athen's police tried to peaceably stop the spread of Judaism, the women, the poor, and the slaves have caught on as the religion teaches that all are equal in God's sight.

The women, the poor and the slaves have threatened to overthrow the democracy if Athens does not convert. Of course, as they have no vote such an overthrow would be violent and could lead to a Civil War between the City States of Greece.

Meanwhile, the Romans seemed to dislike us first, sending a demand of tribute. While the citizens were voting, one child impulsively shouted "Leave ya big bully!"

When China made a similar demand, mayor Domination said "We do not fear men half the world away."

So, the vote is as follows. We only have a few units (IIRC like 5 units of war.) We could whip up a dozen quick and invade Rome, or we could wait until the Middle Ages and have more hope.

The vote is also, again, convert to Judaism or not. It is now in all three of our cities (We built Carthage in Libya.)

Top Bottom